Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
User avatar
Zilla103192
Keizer
Posts: 8368
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:13 pm
Location: Monster Island
Contact:

Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

Postby Zilla103192 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:26 pm

topic for IMO the greatest Godzilla game ever made...

It has amazing graphics for the limits it has. The sprites are extremely faithful to their sources.

The story is... meh... there is no story... o well

The sound is spot on. Music is faithful.



The only few quirks i have...

The roster should of been bigger... but every Gfan thinks this for every G game...

Some coloring choices were odd... grey biollante... brown anguirus... idk...

So let me know what you thinnk about the game.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

User avatar
Gigan X3
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3041
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:47 am
Location: The Streets.

Re: Godzilla Kaijuu Daikessen

Postby Gigan X3 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:48 pm

This is the best of all Godzilla games, and I can't find anything truly wrong with it, everything was done nicely, I think there's another version of this game for another console with more monsters, I remember seeing it in TK's main videogame page or something like that.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?

He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

JVM
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5173
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:06 pm

Re: Godzilla Kaijuu Daikessen

Postby JVM » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:06 pm

Biollante should suck less.

My only disappointment is no Rodan. Him being missing is a big deal. I'm not even really fond of Rodan and probably wouldn't play as him, but he's still one of Godzilla's biggest allies.
I don't think I saw the same movies as the rest of you.
I'll always miss Vega.

User avatar
Showa Gyaos
Keizer
Posts: 8537
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:06 pm
Location: West Virginia

Re: Godzilla Kaijuu Daikessen

Postby Showa Gyaos » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:45 pm

Is it just me, or was the game unnecessarily difficult? :eh:
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.


Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

User avatar
Zilla103192
Keizer
Posts: 8368
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:13 pm
Location: Monster Island
Contact:

Re: Godzilla Kaijuu Daikessen

Postby Zilla103192 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:45 pm

Showa Gyaos wrote:Is it just me, or was the game unnecessarily difficult? :eh:



OMG it was rediculoisly hard! i even played on PRATICE MODE and had several game overs!

and when you go up against mothra... SHES A BEAST!
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

User avatar
Gigan X3
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3041
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:47 am
Location: The Streets.

Re: Godzilla Kaijuu Daikessen

Postby Gigan X3 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:17 pm

JVM wrote:Biollante should suck less.

My only disappointment is no Rodan. Him being missing is a big deal. I'm not even really fond of Rodan and probably wouldn't play as him, but he's still one of Godzilla's biggest allies.


I don't see what's wrong with her.

Showa Gyaos wrote:Is it just me, or was the game unnecessarily difficult?


I think it's quite easy.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?

He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

JVM
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5173
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:06 pm

Re: Godzilla Kaijuu Daikessen

Postby JVM » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:35 pm

Gigan X3 wrote:
JVM wrote:Biollante should suck less.

My only disappointment is no Rodan. Him being missing is a big deal. I'm not even really fond of Rodan and probably wouldn't play as him, but he's still one of Godzilla's biggest allies.


I don't see what's wrong with her.

Showa Gyaos wrote:Is it just me, or was the game unnecessarily difficult?


I think it's quite easy.


The first time I played I picked her since I figured she'd be the best fighter. Did craptastic, then tried over with Godzilla and got father, but still lost. It's mentioned in the main site review as well she's bottom tier.
I don't think I saw the same movies as the rest of you.
I'll always miss Vega.

User avatar
gvamp
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5212
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:54 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Godzilla Kaijuu Daikessen

Postby gvamp » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:22 pm

I love this game even though it's very hard.

I notice though as you progress on beating monsters the game gets more difficult. The one thing I hate about this game is you have to do complex button combos to do special moves something I've always hated about fighting games, mainly because I suck at pulling them off correctly.
optimum in mundi

User avatar
Gigan X3
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3041
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:47 am
Location: The Streets.

Re: Godzilla Kaijuu Daikessen

Postby Gigan X3 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:30 pm

gvamp wrote:I love this game even though it's very hard.

I notice though as you progress on beating monsters the game gets more difficult. The one thing I hate about this game is you have to do complex button combos to do special moves something I've always hated about fighting games, mainly because I suck at pulling them off correctly.


Seems to be the system that always makes game at least decent, it is complicated and it does take time to pull off properly but it has its payoffs, once you learn the trick, a lot of games open to you. :huge:
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?

He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

User avatar
Zilla103192
Keizer
Posts: 8368
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:13 pm
Location: Monster Island
Contact:

Re: Godzilla Kaijuu Daikessen

Postby Zilla103192 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:56 am

i just cant seem to be able to use Godzillas Red Beam... ive tried the combo.. but its not working.

yes i have the rage meter full.

and to add on the the difficulty of usinf these combos...its a ROM
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

User avatar
Gigan X3
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3041
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:47 am
Location: The Streets.

Re: Godzilla Kaijuu Daikessen

Postby Gigan X3 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:12 am

zilla103192 wrote:and to add on the the difficulty of usinf these combos...its a ROM


And what would that mean?
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?

He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

User avatar
gvamp
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5212
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:54 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Godzilla Kaijuu Daikessen

Postby gvamp » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:23 pm

Gigan X3 wrote:
zilla103192 wrote:and to add on the the difficulty of usinf these combos...its a ROM


And what would that mean?


It means he's not playing it on a console but on a computer. A ROM is basically a rip of a cartridge game that you can play on your computer or in some cases video game systems that have been modded.
optimum in mundi

User avatar
Gigan X3
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3041
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:47 am
Location: The Streets.

Re: Godzilla Kaijuu Daikessen

Postby Gigan X3 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:20 pm

gvamp wrote:
Gigan X3 wrote:
zilla103192 wrote:and to add on the the difficulty of usinf these combos...its a ROM


And what would that mean?


It means he's not playing it on a console but on a computer. A ROM is basically a rip of a cartridge game that you can play on your computer or in some cases video game systems that have been modded.


Yeah I know that but that should be helpful for those who don't anyway, What I meant was, how is that related to difficulty? It's easier to cheat on an emulated game.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?

He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

User avatar
Zilla103192
Keizer
Posts: 8368
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:13 pm
Location: Monster Island
Contact:

Re: Godzilla Kaijuu Daikessen

Postby Zilla103192 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:38 pm

i never had a snes or famicom... so i dont know which computer keys represent each console buttons...

all i know is that i mash the arrow buttons and a,s,z,x and after like 10 minutes i get a blue atomic ray that covers small distance... and after more mashing ill get a streak if blue bullets... lol

either way...its my favorite Godzilla game.

i really love the graphics. The creators were very faithful to the source material. i just dont like some of the coloring on the sprites... like bio is grey... and angy is brown... but its not big enough to make me dislike the game at all...
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

User avatar
Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado
Posts: 1697
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Godzilla Kaijuu Daikessen

Postby Arbok » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:22 pm

This is a good game, a lot better than Battle Legends despite the latter having a larger roster.

The controls are simply better, and although it drew criticism compared with Street Fighter, I felt the slower pace was good for the subject matter of giant monsters.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

User avatar
Gigan X3
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3041
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:47 am
Location: The Streets.

Re: Godzilla Kaijuu Daikessen

Postby Gigan X3 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:00 pm

zilla103192 wrote:i never had a snes or famicom... so i dont know which computer keys represent each console buttons...

all i know is that i mash the arrow buttons and a,s,z,x and after like 10 minutes i get a blue atomic ray that covers small distance... and after more mashing ill get a streak if blue bullets... lol

either way...its my favorite Godzilla game.

i really love the graphics. The creators were very faithful to the source material. i just dont like some of the coloring on the sprites... like bio is grey... and angy is brown... but its not big enough to make me dislike the game at all...


You can always change the configuration to your liking, you should instead of mashing, try doing the hadouken motion.

Image
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?

He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

User avatar
EleKaiju
Samurai
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:58 pm
Location: Monster Graveyard
Contact:

Re: Godzilla Kaijuu Daikessen

Postby EleKaiju » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:45 pm

I played it on a ROM as well, and I loved it. Anguirus is my favorite because you don't need to remember how to use crazy beam attacks, and I just really like Anguirus.
"rofl rofl not to diss but that is varans cousin, totally looks like varan with some diffs but that is varans cousin. dang."

derp

User avatar
Leunames
Interpol Agent
Posts: 669
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:02 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Godzilla Kaijuu Daikessen

Postby Leunames » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:44 am

EleKaiju wrote:I played it on a ROM as well, and I loved it. Anguirus is my favorite because you don't need to remember how to use crazy beam attacks, and I just really like Anguirus.


I also played on the ROM. frankly playing on the rom is a lot more difficult than playing on the console since all the special attacks require street fighter-esque button combos. It's one thing to do those on a direcitonal pad with your thumbs but another entirely on the keyboard's awkward and uncomfortable layout.

Aside from that, awesome game. i loved the little touches, like how Biollante can't jump, but to compensate, no monsters can throw her.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Uncrazimatic

Godzilla and reviews, from vintage to modern day.

User avatar
godzilla1996
Samurai
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:03 pm

Re: Godzilla Kaijuu Daikessen

Postby godzilla1996 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:26 am

I had this game on an emulator, and it was lots of fun. And yes, it is really hard. However, I still beat lots of monsters. But Mothra, Mechagodzilla, and Megalon are beasts
Formerly known as godzilla2001.
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Yeah moderators!
@ omgitsgodzilla, the double rainbow means that Godzilla is on some really good poop

User avatar
YawnMasta
Interpol Agent
Posts: 514
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:40 pm

Re: Godzilla Kaijuu Daikessen

Postby YawnMasta » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:10 pm

I played as Godzilla in this, and Angurius rofl-stomped me so many times
Shadow Arena Scores

1-7 poop
Ko'd once. On the second turn no less


Return to “Toho Video Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest