Godzilla Unleashed: Double Smash (DS)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Godzilla Unleashed: Double Smash (DS)

Post by Dillyziller »

The Godzilla King wrote:I know how unbelievable this may sound, but there's seriously a... Gorilla model leftover in the game's files. Yup, a gorilla was either meant to be in the game or it's some leftover from another game. It's under data\models and is called gorilla.nsbmd.lz.

Not only that, but it appears there's some "Beta" Godzilla model. An early version of the model. None of the models in that directory are used to my knowledge.

Godzilla Model Comparison:
http://i.imgur.com/wTwJ91E.png

The one on the right is the one used in game.

Mysterious Gorilla:
http://i.imgur.com/IHRuloD.png
Gotta say, I actually like the "beta" Godzilla model better.
^This post in sexually offensive.

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Post by The Godzilla King »

Dillyziller wrote: Gotta say, I actually like the "beta" Godzilla model better.
I agree, they should have used it instead.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Can you post other angles of the betazilla and generi-kong?
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Spoiler:

Also, I doubt it's of any relevance, but:
Maybe this is supposed to be Godzilla 1964?
Here's his texture, which is oddly better than every other texture in the game:
Beta Godzilla's:

The Gorilla is also notably larger than every other model in the game. The Beta Godzilla's skeleton appears to match Godzilla's skeleton which would likely mean I could replace the Godzilla model with the beta version.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Is the gorilla from some other game...? That's the only thing I can think of as to why he looks more detailed than the regular monsters, just imported as some beta monster.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

GigaBowserG wrote:Is the gorilla from some other game...? That's the only thing I can think of as to why he looks more detailed than the regular monsters, just imported as some beta monster.
That's what I'm guessing. He's also much bigger than every other model in the game. I'll look around.

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Young Guy »

Assuming this white gorilla is an original monster, this game's OCs were quite generic. A "yeti" and a sphinx. :roll:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

This makes the game look like even more crap because clearly the engine or whatever they were using could have made more complicated textures yet they got lazy and didn't do diddly squat.

Is there any chance that perhaps this Godzilla game could have been something else originally and was given a Godzilla skin and changed around a bit to save a failed project?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

I like that Goji so much more then the current one.

And the gorilla was probably a boss at some point. But why it's so much bigger i wouldn't know.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Some of the bosses of GU:DS did tend to be exaggeratedly larger than the playable monsters (with some exceptions, like Orga) to fill the top and bottom screens.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:This makes the game look like even more crap because clearly the engine or whatever they were using could have made more complicated textures yet they got lazy and didn't do diddly squat.
They didn't get lazy at all. They were given 4 months to make the game start to finish. This isn't a game that they're out bragging about either. They're quite embarrassed about it.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Chris55 wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:This makes the game look like even more crap because clearly the engine or whatever they were using could have made more complicated textures yet they got lazy and didn't do diddly squat.
They didn't get lazy at all. They were given 4 months to make the game start to finish. This isn't a game that they're out bragging about either. They're quite embarrassed about it.
Ah okay, my bad. Not that I doubt you but could you give me some kind of source (if possible). I'm interested in learning about this game cause it was so bad.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Chris55 wrote:
Ah okay, my bad. Not that I doubt you but could you give me some kind of source (if possible). I'm interested in learning about this game cause it was so bad.
It's in the video games, Project G section for assets etc. For the actual incriminating info, it was in an email when we did the Project G thing 7 years ago.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

I don't know why they are embarrassed of it. It's not a bad game by any means. Granted it's not GREAT... But it's still a fun little side scroller.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

Ah yes, Godzilla: Double smash. Such a fun game it was. I used to play this game at night while watching Tv. I mostly got the Sydney level over the Egypt one. But, I wished it was in 3D like the other Atari Godzilla games.
Last edited by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 on Sun May 31, 2015 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

I'm not too sure about the BG skin, I think I like the one we got better. but it would be awesome if you could put the BG skin over the G we have now.
Godzilla

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

KaijuX wrote:Some of the bosses of GU:DS did tend to be exaggeratedly larger than the playable monsters (with some exceptions, like Orga) to fill the top and bottom screens.
I hadn't thought of that. Maybe that's why he's larger than the rest. But I also wonder why they would have wanted to have a generic gorilla be much taller than all of the playable kaiju.
g2vd wrote:It would be awesome if you could put the BG skin over the G we have now.
I think I could do that.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Is the gorilla listed somewhere as playable in the codes? Because if he was so much bigger, it's probably because he was meant to be a boss exclusive. Like Sphynx, Biollante, Mecha Ghidorah, and Manda. Who were not playable, and huge.

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

I replaced the Godzilla model with the Beta model and it works for the most part. His tail is a little too long, so there's some glitches in his tail.

Beta Godzilla:
Spoiler:
Final Godzilla:
Spoiler:
Zilla103192 wrote:Is the gorilla listed somewhere as playable in the codes? Because if he was so much bigger, it's probably because he was meant to be a boss exclusive. Like Sphynx, Biollante, Mecha Ghidorah, and Manda. Who were not playable, and huge.
There's a sub folder under the actors folder that contains everyone who's playable. Everything in there is used in the game except for maybe e_otto but that's some huge crystal thing and not a kaiju. Actually I think it does shows up randomly during the game but it's much smaller.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

That's pretty awesome, I think I still like the Final Godzilla more but excellent. though I wonder why Beta wasn't put in as a skin for FG, I know they had a hilariously short amount of time to make the game, but if the tail was the only thing that was buggy surely they could of had time to add it.
Godzilla