Godzilla Unleashed: Double Smash (DS)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Zilla103192
Keizer

Godzilla Unleashed: Double Smash (DS)

Post by Zilla103192 »

who here likes this game? i actually really liked it,

i think people expected to much from it, its a ds game and it gave us a super awseom roster
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Dynomy84
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla Double Smash

Post by Dynomy84 »

I thought it was fun. I was broken when I accidently sold it. man I wanna get it again. Ignoring the disability of saving, its pretty fun!
Dynomy
If all else fails, eat pudding. Pudding never fails!

Hotrod93
G-Force Personnel

Post by Hotrod93 »

Chris55 wrote:It was made in 4 months from start to finish and Santa Cruz games is embarrassed of it.
Im embarrassed for them, I mean just 4 months : /
Tyler wrote:$200 if I hump a car.

Hotrod93
G-Force Personnel

Post by Hotrod93 »

It had some BS story about it being the most powerful monster in the world or something like that. It sounded like the plot was wrote by four year olds.

Hotrod93
G-Force Personnel

Post by Hotrod93 »

Hellspawn28 wrote:I saw the game at the doller store before and almost bought because I was like "It's only $1.00 afterall". I remember reading Gamespot's review for the game when it came out, and they said the game was the worst thing to happen to Godzilla after losing to Mothra's babies (I think they where talking about "Mothra vs. Godzilla" (1964) ).
Wait its now at the Dollar Store? Ok lol thats proof that the game sucks and that they are trying to forget it.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

i really dont understand why people think this game sucks... i like it...

what were you expecting a godzilla game for the ds to be like? (legit question)
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Hotrod93
G-Force Personnel

Post by Hotrod93 »

zilla103192 wrote:i really dont understand why people think this game sucks... i like it...

what were you expecting a godzilla game for the ds to be like? (legit question)
Something that would take the full effect of the DS. I mean they could have atleast made the game characters not look like they were still in their "Pre-built Skeletons".

Between that, the music, the forced Sidesrolling rails, and etc.

Also the Sphinx could have been called "Sufinkusu" which is Sphinx in Japanese but still would have been cooler than just "Sphinx".

Overall the game was just a rushed project that had little to no thought put in it and a quick way to try and expand the money earned from G:U.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Hotrod93 wrote:
Overall the game was just a rushed project that had little to no thought put in it and a quick way to try and expand the money earned from G:U.
G:U made money?

That's a holler.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Hotrod93
G-Force Personnel

Post by Hotrod93 »

JVM wrote:
Hotrod93 wrote:
G:U made money?

That's a holler.
EDIT: Misread
Last edited by Hotrod93 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

he can shoot a large purple laser from his forehead, he can shoot finger missles like MG showa, he throws boulders and does a slam attack

http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sphinx

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Chris55 wrote: Yeah pretty much. Atari's pretty much to blame in a sense. It's just all down to budget and time.
WOAH WOAH I WAS ACTUALLY RIGHT? IT WAS ATARI'S FAULT? YAAAAAAAAAAY.

Okay, back on topic.

I don't know. The game sounds kind of crappy, but should I get a DS I'd probably try it out anyway. I'm not exactly a video game aficionado who'll have a billion other Ds titles to compare with anyway, lol
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Ligerzilla2014
G-Grasper

Post by Ligerzilla2014 »

you really shouldn't get it. i would just buy a gameboy and get G domination. much more realistic game.

Hotrod93
G-Force Personnel

Post by Hotrod93 »

ligerzilla2014 wrote:you really shouldn't get it. i would just buy a gameboy and get G domination. much more realistic game.
: | how the hell is that more realistic than the GC/Xbox/ or PS2 Versions of DAMM or STE???

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

Hotrod93 wrote:
ligerzilla2014 wrote:you really shouldn't get it. i would just buy a gameboy and get G domination. much more realistic game.
: | how the hell is that more realistic than the GC/Xbox/ or PS2 Versions of DAMM or STE???
He never compared it to DAMM or STE.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?
He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

Hotrod93
G-Force Personnel

Post by Hotrod93 »

Gigan X3 wrote:
Hotrod93 wrote:
He never compared it to DAMM or STE.
I know I was just making the statement that he should've used DAMM or STE as a reference other than Domination fars "realistic".

Ligerzilla2014
G-Grasper

Post by Ligerzilla2014 »

i didn't because i assumed he was only reffering to handheld G games only. if he wasn't then i obviously would have used a console game.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

No Godzilla game is really realistic lol

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

JVM wrote:No Godzilla game is really realistic lol
I could make a Top 50 reasons why the games are not realistic. :P
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

Living Corpse wrote:Other then the fact it's giant monsters.
Or their Astronaut jumps.
Chris55 wrote:

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Living Corpse wrote:
Gigan X3 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Other then the fact it's giant monsters.
Or their Astronaut jumps.
Or throwing buildings like giant vollyballs.
Or the fact the towns are constantly rebuilt.

Or the fact there can be 4 identical giant monsters.

Or the fact the same alien race can attack us three times and we don't figure out anything new.

Or the fact nobody's mouth opens when they talk.

(Just because I like the games doesn't mean they don't suck.)