Godzilla Defense Force – Mobile Game by Nexon/Studio 42

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Re: Godzilla Defense Force – Mobile Game by Nexon/Studio 42

Post by Arbok »

gvamp wrote:Sadly no Dimension Tide yet, I apparently am the most unlucky person when it comes to getting good stuff in the card packs you get for leveling up.
Sorry, to clarify, I don't mean the Dimension Tide card but rather the Dimension Tide unit on the battlefield (it's the most powerful unit on the New York stage).

Assuming you have that unlocked, try this strategy instead for the cards, you will see much better results:

Godzilla '02 + Keizer Ghidorah + Rodan '64
Last edited by Arbok on Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Can confirm you can download older APK's from APK mirror which have original tied data to them, including old pictures.

Last edited by Naruto65 on Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

You are a hero, Naruto65! That just leaves Mechagodzilla '03 and after that every single card will have details on it come the next update.

Brianzilla2004
Samurai

Post by Brianzilla2004 »

Arbok wrote:You are a hero, Naruto65! That just leaves Mechagodzilla '03 and after that every single card will have details on it come the next update.
What details do you need to know about MG03? I thought SMG was the one that was still a mystery.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Brianzilla2004 wrote:What details do you need to know about MG03? I thought SMG was the one that was still a mystery.

My mistake, you are correct.

Anyway, thanks again for all the data in relation to the cards, which now appears on the site.

https://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/godzilla ... cards.html

Brianzilla2004
Samurai

Post by Brianzilla2004 »

Arbok wrote:Anyway, thanks again for all the data in relation to the cards, which now appears on the site.

https://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/godzilla ... cards.html
Glorious! The only other thing I could think of that might be a nice feature is if we had animated gifs of the foil cards rather than static images. That might be a sensory overload though.

EDIT: I just noticed that you have the CP cost of 4 star Godzilla cards listed as 175, when the correct value is 170. Everything else looks good though.
Last edited by Brianzilla2004 on Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sekizawa
Samurai

Post by Sekizawa »

Arbok wrote:
Sekizawa wrote:Right now I’m just sticking with my leveled up cards and using my card powder to evolve the MechaG’s and SuperX so I can unlock my last three Codex slots.
Wow, really? ...does that mean you have MOTHER and the Type 95 Refrigeration Laser Tank and might be able to mention what they do? Those are some of the last ones I'm missing details on.
Sekizawa wrote:Are you sure you mean Rodan 64 (a 2 star low production card) and not Rodan 56 (4 star critical attack card)?
Production speed stacks the same way damage does. So "all production speed" (Godzilla '03 or Godzilla '99) works really well when combined with a specific type booster, like Rodan '64. That said, if you are using Shobijin '04 and prefer four star cards to any two star cards, feel free to use the Star Falcon or Moonlight SY-3 in place of Rodan if you have them.

Yep, I have all 104 cards. I see MOTHER and Type 95 have been posted from the Beta version (?), I can verify the effects are still the same in the current version.

OK, that makes sense with the production speed, although I might use Godzilla 03 and 99 since they multiply all types, not just a couple.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Brianzilla2004 wrote:Glorious! The only other thing I could think of that might be a nice feature is if we had animated gifs of the foil cards rather than static images. That might be a sensory overload though.
A good idea but:

1. Would make the page slower to load.
2. ...would be much harder to pull off the creation of them. Especially as some of them are placeholder images, AND getting access to stuff I already evolved again, like Godzilla '16 Phase 2, would be a nightmare.
Brianzilla2004 wrote:EDIT: I just noticed that you have the CP cost of 4 star Godzilla cards listed as 175, when the correct value is 170. Everything else looks good though.
Oops, thanks I will fix this during the next update.
Sekizawa wrote:OK, that makes sense with the production speed, although I might use Godzilla 03 and 99 since they multiply all types, not just a couple.
I don't think I explained well. It's ill advised to mix "all" boosters with each other of the same category. The way the game works it seems to add them together.

So like, just throwing out random numbers, let's say Godzilla '03 adds 120% and Godzilla '99 adds 100%. This would give you a boost of 220%. So if your dps was 50, that would be a boost of 110 for 160 (again random numbers).

However, combining all boosts with type specific boosts don't work this way, they work one after the other. So let's say Godzilla '03 is 120% and the Star Falcon is 100% for jets and turrets. So for a dps of 50 with Godzilla '03 would boost 60 for 110... and then the Star Falcon would boost it by 100% for another 110 and a new total of 220. Much higher than what you would get mixing '03 and '99. Keep in mind, though, that the artifacts seem to enhance this boost even more.. so you are liable to see an even bigger boost than I'm talking about here. Best way to demonstrate is try for yourself: run a Godzilla '03 + Godzilla '99 and jot down the DPS. Now don't upgrade any units and do it again but with Godzilla '03 and the Star Falcon (can be any level... you should see the contrast assuming you have enough of an artifact boost).
Last edited by Arbok on Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brianzilla2004
Samurai

Post by Brianzilla2004 »

Arbok wrote:A good idea but:

1. Would make the page slower to load.
Good point.
Arbok wrote:2. ...would be much harder to pull off the creation of them. Especially as some of them are placeholder images, AND getting access to stuff I already evolved again, like Godzilla '16 Phase 2, would be a nightmare.
Which are placeholders? How exactly do you get the clean images sans card level?

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Brianzilla2004 wrote:Which are placeholders? How exactly do you get the clean images sans card level?
Here is an example of a placeholder:

The background I had to fake.

As for getting clean images, they were re-created using the source files (every element is separate, so took awhile to remake one card but then used that as a template for others of the same type). Only problem is that the hologram cards don't have their background in the source files, so for those I will take a picture of the actual card and then photoshop out the level or use assets if they cover it, as with Godzilla ('95) where the image covers where the level would be.

Anyway, updated the card powder costs for the Godzillas which was incorrect. That now leaves only the following that are missing card powder stats (and thanks again for this idea and work here):

- MOGUERA ('94)
- Jet Jaguar
- Dimension Tide
- King Ghidorah ('64)★
- Mechagodzilla ('93)

My Corns Hurt
Ronin

Post by My Corns Hurt »

Thanks for your tips on combos, Arbok. I am useless at math, percentages, and anything remotely related to either. I'd been using a Godzilla 2002 attack boost then G 95 or 66 summon attack on everything and haven't had the best luck, but your Kaizer/G02/Rodan 65 combo works great!

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Arbok wrote:
gvamp wrote:Sadly no Dimension Tide yet, I apparently am the most unlucky person when it comes to getting good stuff in the card packs you get for leveling up.
Sorry, to clarify, I don't mean the Dimension Tide card but rather the Dimension Tide unit on the battlefield (it's the most powerful unit on the New York stage).

Assuming you have that unlocked, try this strategy instead for the cards, you will see much better results:

Godzilla '02 + Keizer Ghidorah + Rodan '64
Sorry I missed this Anthony but yeah I had a fully unlocked stage for NY but I didn't think the DT was in NY? I know its in Arizona.

I did end up beating Shin by using Godzilla 02, Keizer Ghidorah and Godzilla 04.

What I did was I played Godzilla 02 and then played Godzilla 04, then I "paused" the game and let my G-Cells fill up then I unpaused the game and played Keizer then quickly paused it again and let my G-Cells refill up and played Godzilla 04 twice. Oh and I had all three boosts on from loosing three times.

I didn't have any issues with Mothra larva as I did a similar strategy and it worked out fine. I just wish I did more damage to basic monsters so I could move through them quicker.

Also Michal I have a question for you is the Google Rewards thing random? I haven't had a survey or anything pop up since Monday. I'm not sure if its the area I live in or what and even that survey gave me an issue and they said they'd try to find a way to credit my account.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

It is random and really does rely on your location. If you go to walmart and nothing else, you'll probably only get walmart questions. But it can take a week or so before they start coming in after signing up. Took me 2 weeks before i started getting questions every other day.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Thanks man I got one the day after I signed up and the next day and I haven't had anything since. Hopefully they start rolling in soon. I did end up buying Minya though. I bought a $10 gift card from my work to get him. I'll just save the remaining amount I have for either X-nium if it goes on sale or another ally if they release a pay one only, which I have a feeling Minya is going to be.

I'm almost done with NYC I need to do one more Gargantua and Maguma then G67. I've been holding off time traveling until I get over 2000 shards so hopefully not to much longer.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Brianzilla2004
Samurai

Post by Brianzilla2004 »

Has anybody been tracking how many Time Shards are required for each Artifact? I didn't start keeping track until a ways into playing, and I currently only have the cost for Artifacts 12-17. If anyone has that data for Artifacts 1-11 and/or 18-23, I'd be interested in seeing it.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

My Corns Hurt wrote:Thanks for your tips on combos, Arbok. I am useless at math, percentages, and anything remotely related to either. I'd been using a Godzilla 2002 attack boost then G 95 or 66 summon attack on everything and haven't had the best luck, but your Kaizer/G02/Rodan 65 combo works great!
Great to hear. :-)

That combo, although swapping out Godzilla '67 for '02 when you get him, is my favorite in the game.
Brianzilla2004 wrote:Has anybody been tracking how many Time Shards are required for each Artifact? I didn't start keeping track until a ways into playing, and I currently only have the cost for Artifacts 12-17. If anyone has that data for Artifacts 1-11 and/or 18-23, I'd be interested in seeing it.
I'm in the same boat as you, as I wanted to list it on the site but didn't track the early ones.

Here is the limited data I have:

Artifact Costs (in time shards)
1. -
2. -
3. -
4. -
5. -
6. -
7. -
8. -
9. -
10. -
11. -
12. 2,357
13. 4,125
14. -
15. 12,632
16. 22,107
17. 38,688

Btw, on another note, do you have the Space Titanium artifact?

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

So, how’s anyone who’s gotten to the moon doing so far?
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:So, how’s anyone who’s gotten to the moon doing so far?
Stage 1... No progress yet :lol: Been curious, in the artifacts, you can do bonus damage to certain monsters in particular cities (extra damage to monsters in New York, Arizona, etc.). Do those bonuses apply to their moon counterparts as well?
Last edited by GigaBowserG on Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

gojiracentral
Ronin

Post by gojiracentral »

Arbok wrote:
Btw, on another note, do you have the Space Titanium artifact?
I've got it; currently level 15 showing All Attack at 375% and Moonstone at 30%. Level 16 is showing at 400% and 32% respectively. Do you need any additional info?

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Farthest I made it on the moon was Ghidorah 64. I think lvl 28

The artifact bonuses are applied to the territories only, not the monsters. They will probably make a moon artifact.
Last edited by Naruto65 on Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.