Possibility of HD renasters of the Atari Godzilla games

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Re: Possibility of HD renasters of the Atari Godzilla games

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
IMO there's no reason for a PS2 Unleashed release (unless you meant a PS4 port of the Wii game)

Wouldn't they have to find a way to map the motion controls to fit the PS4 controller for that to work?
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

i Agree. Godzilla unleashed was my 1st godzilla game i want it remasterd and also i want battra in it.
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

SuperPawnageGigan wrote:i Agree. Godzilla unleashed was my 1st godzilla game i want it remasterd and also i want battra in it.

:roll: Battra is in Godzilla Unleashed.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

i know
8-BIT MADNESS

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

So...why make a point of saying you want Battra in it? If you want the game remastered, logic would dictate the game would remain the same....?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

well like not be a clone of mothra and have his own unique move set and also obsidius not a orga clone
8-BIT MADNESS

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Specificity, my friend. Specificity.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Maritonic wrote:So...why make a point of saying you want Battra in it? If you want the game remastered, logic would dictate the game would remain the same....?
Well.... perhaps he was wanting the Wii version of Unleashed to be remastered- which did not have Battra. Battra was only on the PS2 version.

Then again can a Wii game be "remastered" to a different console?
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

I’d honestly rather have Pipeworks just re-obtain the license and make a new $40 fighter that has the frame rate and energy of DAMM but with the extra modes of STE. Alternate versions of monsters could be DLC, which would get the crew more money and incentivize them to make as many variants as possible.

Dr.Cgad
Samurai

Post by Dr.Cgad »

I would love to see shin in a game, not counting vr, promos, and fangames.
Try not to get sucked into the vortex of hell Billy!

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

Honestly the best chance is to get the PS2 games, Save The Earth and Unleashed, released as PS2 Classics on the PS4.

It depends who owns the license to those games.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

LockBite wrote:I’d honestly rather have Pipeworks just re-obtain the license and make a new $40 fighter that has the frame rate and energy of DAMM but with the extra modes of STE. Alternate versions of monsters could be DLC, which would get the crew more money and incentivize them to make as many variants as possible.
It would be cool to have alternate versions of kaiju just as skins - I don’t personally care if Godzilla 90s and Godzilla 2000 have different move sets, I just want to play as lots of different Godzilla’s. They could be called ‘suits’.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
It would be cool to have alternate versions of kaiju just as skins - I don’t personally care if Godzilla 90s and Godzilla 2000 have different move sets, I just want to play as lots of different Godzilla’s. They could be called ‘suits’.
I always liked the idea of just having "Godzilla incarnations" playable with different suits as skins rather than giving every single design a character slot. Short answer: Yeah I agree. :)
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I think I remember reading somewhere that Toho doesn't like the idea of "skins", but I don't remember where it's from. Possibly one of the main site's many interviews with the Pipeworks teams.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

UltramanGoji wrote:I think I remember reading somewhere that Toho doesn't like the idea of "skins", but I don't remember where it's from. Possibly one of the main site's many interviews with the Pipeworks teams.
God, how anal retentive can Toho be

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

LockBite wrote:I’d honestly rather have Pipeworks just re-obtain the license and make a new $40 fighter that has the frame rate and energy of DAMM but with the extra modes of STE. Alternate versions of monsters could be DLC, which would get the crew more money and incentivize them to make as many variants as possible.
I'd rather have someone else be given a chance to try their hand at making a Godzilla game than keep giving it to someone who already has.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Living Corpse wrote:
I'd rather have someone else be given a chance to try their hand at making a Godzilla game than keep giving it to someone who already has.
Gotta agree. Pipeworks made three games, I think they've shown their hand more than enough times.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
Gotta agree. Pipeworks made three games, I think they've shown their hand more than enough times.
I have a secret dream that a well-renowned and acclaimed studio will obtain the license, such as Rocksteady or Bethesda. But, that probably won’t happen.

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

Godzillian wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I think I remember reading somewhere that Toho doesn't like the idea of "skins", but I don't remember where it's from. Possibly one of the main site's many interviews with the Pipeworks teams.
God, how anal retentive can Toho be
Its pretty much all Japanese companies. Toei hates TeamFourStar but Funimation loves them for example.

jayson
Samurai

Post by jayson »

So is anything moving forward here? Has the voting reached the people who'd be able to do something about it?