King of the Monsters, Godzilla (Game Boy)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Re: Wher to buy godzilla king of monsters game boy

Post by Arbok »

Godzilla6014 wrote:
Arbok wrote:That's the NES title (aka Famicom) and it sounds like he is looking for the Game Boy title. That said, hunting on ebay is probably your best bet.
Oh ok gotcha thanks. This should be the right one then.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GAME-BOY-GB-GOD ... 53f3742355
Close, but I believe it's the other Game Boy title he is searching for:

http://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/kotm_godzilla.htm
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Godzilla6014
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla6014 »

Arbok wrote:
Godzilla6014 wrote:
Arbok wrote:That's the NES title (aka Famicom) and it sounds like he is looking for the Game Boy title. That said, hunting on ebay is probably your best bet.
Oh ok gotcha thanks. This should be the right one then.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GAME-BOY-GB-GOD ... 53f3742355
Close, but I believe it's the other Game Boy title he is searching for:

http://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/kotm_godzilla.htm
I'm aware of the game I just can't find much of hardly anything at all on Ebay that is either accurte or gives much detail at all. I can't find it on there unles you somehow can catch something on there that I missed than I don't think it's on there.
Legionmaster wrote:Yeah how dare people talk about the things they like. What assholes.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Godzilla6014 wrote:I'm aware of the game I just can't find much of hardly anything at all on Ebay that is either accurte or gives much detail at all. I can't find it on there unles you somehow can catch something on there that I missed than I don't think it's on there.
It's probably not on there. This title was never released in the US and is more desired and rare because of that. It even shows up less often on Yahoo Auctions than either of the games you linked to, so it's going to take some luck to find a copy on Ebay.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Arbok wrote:It's probably not on there. This title was never released in the US and is more desired and rare because of that. It even shows up less often on Yahoo Auctions than either of the games you linked to, so it's going to take some luck to find a copy on Ebay.
<P>
Given time and diligence, you can find it. I've won two copies off of eBay, and I don't think I paid more than $40 for either one.

Godzilla6014
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla6014 »

Arbok wrote:
Godzilla6014 wrote:I'm aware of the game I just can't find much of hardly anything at all on Ebay that is either accurte or gives much detail at all. I can't find it on there unles you somehow can catch something on there that I missed than I don't think it's on there.
It's probably not on there. This title was never released in the US and is more desired and rare because of that. It even shows up less often on Yahoo Auctions than either of the games you linked to, so it's going to take some luck to find a copy on Ebay.
I can see why so many people outside of Japan would want it I probably wouldn't mind having it myself.
Legionmaster wrote:Yeah how dare people talk about the things they like. What assholes.

Godz
G-Force Personnel

Re: King of the Monsters, Godzilla (Game Boy)

Post by Godz »

SAVE_US.GDZ

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

OH GOD!

I AM SO TEMPTED!!!!

If it is still there tomorrow... I will probably buy it!!!

EDIT: I waited for someone to post, but no luck so far.

I did buy it. I couldn't pass that up. Especially for $20 free shipping.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MDK »

Ugh, the military is the worst in this game.
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

so... Mothra?

Any tips?

I have a stradegy I used on Battra, where if you just quickly tap the breath weapon, it doesn't use up any health.

But her health is just too damn high, and her attacks are too strong.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Godz
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godz »

I played and beat this darn near 8 years ago.....I seem to remember spamming the tail swing attack because you're invincible while doing it, and can possibly regen health at the same time? Not sure, try that and let me know
SAVE_US.GDZ

23Rodan
Samurai

Post by 23Rodan »

How do you guys get this game i have been looking for this game a long time

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

23Rodan wrote:How do you guys get this game i have been looking for this game a long time
There is a ROM online.

I found it by chance on Ebay.

Tatsunoshi
Monsterland Worker

Post by Tatsunoshi »

Not to necropost, but just ran through this one a couple of times. I had forgotten how much fun it is, and just how many monsters from the series it features (in different forms as well-MechaG and Hedora in both flying and ground forms, for example). Cool little cameos as well-a Dorat does a flyby before you run into Ghidorah, Minya waddles out to give you some health if you need it in certain situations, and the Xillian UFO also does a flyover-you can attack and damage it, but it goes by too fast to deplete its lifebar. I was hoping it would show up later to finish the battle but it never did.

The key to the game is indeed the tail swipe, which pretty much makes you invincible to anything hitting you while it's being executed. You'll never win without mastering it, even in level one. Too many enemies throw attacks that paralyze Godzilla or prevent him from regenerating G-Energy. You can't use the tail swipe in the water, but the foes there are either weak or have easy-to-beat patterns. That and learning to properly utilize Godzilla's life bar (which regenerates, but also gets burned up by using breath attacks) are the keys to victory. Always make sure you have a couple of blasts of breath left in reserve, or it can be a quick game over as enemy projectiles you can no longer shoot down keep your energy from refilling to the point where you can fire it off. I actually got killed by fragging GANIME when I ignored that lesson. But once you get this down it's easy to beat the game without using continues.

The variety of enemy attacks is interesting too. For example, the Super X2 and SuperMechaG can't be harmed with radioactive breath and King Caesar sends it back. Lots of the monsters have picked up new projectile attacks as the battles tend to be of the classic NES age 'big boss' variety-huge immobile target on the right side firing off a variety of assaults towards the left.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Tatsunoshi wrote:Cool little cameos as well-a Dorat does a flyby before you run into Ghidorah, Minya waddles out to give you some health if you need it in certain situations, and the Xillian UFO also does a flyover-you can attack and damage it, but it goes by too fast to deplete its lifebar.
Really? I knew about the other two, but this one is news to me.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Mr. X wrote:
Tatsunoshi wrote:Cool little cameos as well-a Dorat does a flyby before you run into Ghidorah, Minya waddles out to give you some health if you need it in certain situations, and the Xillian UFO also does a flyover-you can attack and damage it, but it goes by too fast to deplete its lifebar.
Really? I knew about the other two, but this one is news to me.
It happened to me once, although I have no idea how I triggered it. At long last, I get a confirmation that I wasn't imagining things :D

Tatsunoshi
Monsterland Worker

Post by Tatsunoshi »

It happened to me during my first recent playthrough where I burned a continue in Level 4 trying to fry the Dorat and then got blindsided by Ghidorah a few seconds later when I had no breath in reserve. After a boss fight replaying the level, I was low and here comes Minya waddling in from stage right, complete with goofy squishy sound FX. I thought "They can't REALLY expect Godzilla to kill Minya...can they?" (although it would have been great), but he reaches Godzilla, the health bar fills up, and he waddles off from whence he came. He didn't return in my other two plays, neither of which used a continue. The only thing I can think of is if the game thinks you're doing poorly and need help, it'll send him out.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

I don't suppose anyone would have a picture of Minilla? Or at least a link to somewhere I can see him.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Mr. X wrote:I don't suppose anyone would have a picture of Minilla? Or at least a link to somewhere I can see him.
If I knew how to make him come out, I'd be happy to oblige!