The future of Godzilla videogames.

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
SG-17
Interpol Agent

Re: The future of Godzilla videogames.

Postby SG-17 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:37 am

Or, you know, a simple brawler. They did well enough before. The 2015 game was good for a fan, but it was too authentic for the GA. From what I remember DAMM got a lot of wide appeal because of how easy to pick up and play it was.

xolta
Samurai

Postby xolta » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:41 pm

Apparently there rumors on reddit that some one is making a 2d godzilla fighting game to go along with godzilla vs king kong. Don't know if its true but here is a link to a news piece about it.

http://www.godzilla-movies.com/news/god ... lease-date

SG-17
Interpol Agent

Postby SG-17 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:04 am

Man, if SpongeBob SquarePants Battle for Bikini Bottom can get a remake/remaster then surely Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee or Save the Earth can too. Someone needs to get THQ Nordic in contact with Toho.

Gailah 1966
Samurai

Postby Gailah 1966 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:31 am

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Gailah 1966 wrote:The tech is now ready for an asymetrical online kaiju mmo where some players go and rise havoc as giant monsters and the others play as soldiers and citizens. All this takes place in a gigantnic 3d environment where the whole planet is the "map"

Not a bad idea. There`s plenty of decent games with specific IPs with asymmetrical multiplayer. You could have players control tanks (or maybe mutants from final wars) or try to complete a specific task (like set up the ANEB trap).

As a normal citizen the game should feel like an extreme survival game. You should get survival points for each minute you stay alive. With survival points you should be able to buy or unlock kaijus.
As a soldier you should be able to level up from an ordinary foot soldier to a tank pilot, a helicopter pilot, a jet pilot, a Super X pilot (together with other players) and finally a Mechagodzilla, Moguera or Kiryu pilot (endgame).
As a kaiju you should be forced to hold rest periods so you have to play as a human from time to time.

This was my idea behind my first post...
Emiko broke her promise... and therefore saved the world!

Respect the origins! The 50`s club:
Godzilla 1954, Anguirus 1955, Rodan 1956, Varan 1958, Moguera 1959

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Postby Red-Death Gigan » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:17 pm

They need to make DAMM & STE backwards compatible on the Xbox One already... own both. Sitting less than 2 feet away from my Xbox One.
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

Return to “Toho Video Games”