The future of Godzilla videogames.

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
GojiDog
G-Grasper

Re: The future of Godzilla videogames.

Post by GojiDog »

Yeah Godzilla: Unleashed has the most perplexing "story mode" of any tournament fighting game I've ever played.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

toho_guy01
Interpol Agent

Post by toho_guy01 »

Personally, I think a full on overhaul and remake of Godzilla Unleashed would be pretty good. Something more dynamic where your choices actually effect the story and how it plays out. Like, the military being controlled by the crystals and, if you destroy enough crystals before the mothership comes down, they can develop a special weapon to destroy it. In that situation, there can be:

A: Mothership crashed and humanity and earth monsters fighting full force.

B: A even battle between man and alien.

C: A "hard mode" where you have to fight extra hard against the aliens.

There can be several big, major moments in the story and even some minor moments that can be influenced, such as the previously mentioned Mothership attack or Spacegodzilla trying to get himself back onto Earth.
That fella that still exists for whatever reason.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

Ideally, the best Godzilla game possible and the one with the most appeal to non fans would be something in between the Atari games (Destroy All Monsters Melee, Save The Earth, Unleashed) and Super Smash Bros.

In the Atari games, particulary Save The Earth and Unleashed, you unlock monsters by buying them using in-game points if I'm correct. I feel like that takes away from all the fun and the potential, because like Super Smash Bros, you could instead try to unlock these monsters by playing the campaign or multiplayer after winning a match, encountering them unexpectedly at certain points in the game when you're playing and then forced to beat those monsters in order to unlock them (for example, unlocking King Ghidorah after playing 10 VS matches or unlocking the male MUTO after beating the story mode on hard mode).

That's another thing; Unleashed is in my opinion the worst of the Atari games but has the biggest roster of monsters, which allows more variety and fun, especially if you're playing online or local play with other people. The Godzilla PS3/PS4 game that came out recently, despite being bad, finally introduced Hedorah, who's full of possibilities as a fighter.

That's just the gist of it, but it can happen if KOTM and Godzilla vs Kong prove to be not just successful but popular among the eyes of the general public.
Yooo 8-)

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Would any of you be in for a FP Godzilla game?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

LegendZilla wrote:Would any of you be in for a FP Godzilla game?
FP as in "First Person"?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Maritonic wrote:
FP as in "First Person"?
Exactly.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

LegendZilla wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
FP as in "First Person"?
Exactly.
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here. How exactly would that work in your idea?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Maritonic wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
FP as in "First Person"?
Exactly.
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here. How exactly would that work in your idea?
You play as Godzilla destroying a city as usual, but only this time, you play from a First-person perspective.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

LegendZilla wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Exactly.
You play as Godzilla destroying a city as usual, but only this time, you play from a First-person perspective.
Oh, okay, I thought there might be like a cool hook or something to it. Yeah, no, not interested at all. Hope that never happens.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

LegendZilla wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Exactly.
That'd make for an excellent VR experience, I think.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

GigaBowserG wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
That'd make for an excellent VR experience, I think.
That I would agree with. VR would be really cool. I'm not sure an entire game of that would be, though. Feel like it would get really old really fast and be super disorienting.

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

The only close thing that we had Godzilla and VR was that Shin Godzilla VR demo on PlayStation VR, but it was just a demo.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Post by Red-Death Gigan »

Think Xenogears (PS1) ... but with Toho Mechs (Mechagodzilla, Mechani-Kong, etc.), and human/humanoid characters. Yeah?
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

A PSN/Xbox Live MonsterVerse fighting game would be cool. With KOTM coming, if you just scaled up the K:SI monsters you’d have a decent enough roster.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Mild spoilers for CotEB.
Spoiler:
( put in tags 'cos MG doesn't do anything in his normal form) Do you guys think Toho will ever allow Anime Mechagodzilla to be a playable character? I mean we know all of his abilities thanks to the second novel, so I guess the developers could wing it on how his weapons operate and appear.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

A cross over with Super Robot would be awesome.

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

KaijuCanuck wrote:A PSN/Xbox Live MonsterVerse fighting game would be cool. With KOTM coming, if you just scaled up the K:SI monsters you’d have a decent enough roster.
Same here. Give me a fighting game with the Mutos and the rest of the Monsterverse. Wouldn't mind waiting till GvsKK in case anything else is in the film.

Denomon3144
Young Farmer

Post by Denomon3144 »

I'd like to see a Godzilla fighting game on the Nintendo Switch.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

I am so tired of Godzilla fighting games. I've seen so many and they get stale after a while. I would like to see a game company come in and shake things up. A game with a large roster of monsters but from the human perspective would be nice. Playing as a member of "G-Force" or some other such group. Perhaps working on foot or in vehicles like the Super X or Gotengo. And not just fighting monsters, but exploring the lairs of various monsters with the goal of learning more about them, how to fight them, etc.

I'm no game developer. So I can't say how you could make something like that work. I just know what I would like to see. And it definitely isn't more fighting games.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

I want a game that is halfway between the 2015 game and the old Pipeworks brawlers. Easier, smoother controls with a proper move system, but slower, weightier gameplay.