Godzilla: Monster of Monsters (NES)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: Godzilla: Monster of Monsters (NES)

Postby GigaBowserG » Fri May 29, 2020 3:02 pm

ROMG4 wrote:I wonder if this game will ever get a remaster/re-release some day on the Nintendo Switch like a lot of other NES games

That'd be great. And with a potential multiplayer component, Godzilla as P1 and Mothra as P2?... Actually, nix that, Nintendo's online is trash. But a re-release would still be cool.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

GojiDog
JXSDF Technician

Postby GojiDog » Sat May 30, 2020 10:58 am

Playing Monster of Monsters, to me, is like when I finally played Mega Man 1.

Full of flaws, but the potential was through the roof, and a sequel to sand the rough edges off would be amazing. Fortunately, with Mega Man, that potential was realized. Mega Man got Mega Man 2, one of my personal favorite games of all time, and that's to say nothing for the other great sequels that came out, including the Mega Man X series.

Sadly, MoM never got a 2. All the potential in the world and instead we got a completely different game that went against what the first had done.

If they had fixed some of the issues (constant black background, less repetitive levels, having to fight Gezora, Moguera, and every other monster multiple times, an unseen time limit during boss fights, etc.) and maybe if they had added a multiplayer component and given us more "Good" monsters to choose from (I'm still bummed Rodan and Anguirus didn't make the cut), a sequel or even a full fledged series could have been amazing.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Sun May 31, 2020 4:33 pm

Time limits on the fights didn't bother me as it saved my ass several times.

My secret is that I always use Mothra to fight Gigan and Mechagodzilla. Position yourself right and you'll take minimal damage. Godzilla is just too big of a target for those 2.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

canofhumdingers
G-Force Personnel

Postby canofhumdingers » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:12 pm

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Time limits on the fights didn't bother me as it saved my ass several times.

My secret is that I always use Mothra to fight Gigan and Mechagodzilla. Position yourself right and you'll take minimal damage. Godzilla is just too big of a target for those 2.

Nah, Godzilla is boss. I beat the whole game with him. Only brought Mothra along because I had to. Tail swipes did wonders against tough foes.
“Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind.”
~The Doctor

Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Postby Showa Gojira » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:15 pm

canofhumdingers wrote:Nah, Godzilla is boss. I beat the whole game with him. Only brought Mothra along because I had to. Tail swipes did wonders against tough foes.

Agreed. I'll often play through the game as just Godzilla and get someone else to play as Mothra. If I'm playing solo I sometimes just kill Mothra off for the extra challenge or hold her in reserve, sometimes only playing as her to fly to the end of the world after I've killed all the monsters as Godzilla. Am I the only one who prefers starting the game with the Destroy All Monsters code? It makes the game a lot more exciting at the beginning and makes it seem like you're thwarting massive invasion of the Earth before chasing the Xians and their monsters back to Planet X to finish them off once and for all.
The Ultimate Giant Monster crossover game!

"GODZILLA - ULTRAMAN - GAMERA: ALL MONSTERS ATTACK!"
http://kaijubeatemup.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6vZKr ... XgWG0hADNA
The Thread: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =19&t=5609

Return to “Toho Video Games”