Godzilla: Monster of Monsters (NES)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Biogoji89
GPN Volunteer

Re: Godzilla: Monster of Monsters Discussion Thread

Post by Biogoji89 »

I think MoM is kind of boring and at first hard.I also don't like the backgrounds during monster fights.I only play it when I'm bored and still don't have much fun.

EDIT:If you don't know what the game is it's this:Image
"Turn!180 degrees!"

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla: Monster of Monsters (NES)

Post by Beef Bigshot »

I truly like the game alot. It's pretty fun and the sprites for nes standards are fantastic
Resized Image

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Beef Bigshot wrote:It's pretty fun and the sprites for nes standards are fantastic
Concur, Godzilla in particular looks great but others like Gezora and Hedorah are very well done too.

So just kind of curious: how many people were first introduced to Gezora from this game? I know personally I had never heard of him before this, but became kind of fascinated by him for years back in the days before the internet when I couldn't just research him.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

this was the first game for both gezora and original mogera. i remember playing this on a emulator from my brother as a kid. i had little understanding of what was going on and somehow ( maybe my brother helped me get there) i was fighting varan. he is easily the number 1 scariest thing in any game ive played. i know that there are scarier thigs but this guy just scared the poop outta me. he is like the devil mixed with the creature from the black lagoon mixed with Red spawn mixed with pink varan. i seriously imagin that he is pink to lighten the tone. if he was dark red or black with red eyes. shivers..........
Resized Image

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

You know, im just suprised no one posted a pic of RED yet!
AND DONT YOU DARE POST A PIC AFTER THIS COMMENT!!!
^This post in sexually offensive.

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MDK »

Dillyzilla the Kaiju wrote:You know, im just suprised no one posted a pic of RED yet!

TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

Godz
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godz »

Arbok wrote:
Beef Bigshot wrote:It's pretty fun and the sprites for nes standards are fantastic
Concur, Godzilla in particular looks great but others like Gezora and Hedorah are very well done too.

So just kind of curious: how many people were first introduced to Gezora from this game? I know personally I had never heard of him before this, but became kind of fascinated by him for years back in the days before the internet when I couldn't just research him.
This game introduced me to Gezora, Moguera, Varan, and Hedorah....I want to say I was somehow aware of Baragon, but maybe not, as I hadn't yet seen DAM or Frankenstein, so probably not.
SAVE_US.GDZ

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

The game introduced me to varan. Since I did know who he was, I called him pink Godzilla cuz he looked similar.lol
Resized Image

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

MeltdownKoopa wrote:
Dillyzilla the Kaiju wrote:You know, im just suprised no one posted a pic of RED yet!

fuck you
^This post in sexually offensive.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

You were asking for it^^^
Resized Image

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Godz wrote:This game introduced me to Gezora, Moguera, Varan, and Hedorah....I want to say I was somehow aware of Baragon, but maybe not, as I hadn't yet seen DAM or Frankenstein, so probably not.
Hmmm.. you know, thinking back, you are right: I also wasn't aware of Varan and Baragon at this point in time, also having not seen DAM or Frankenstein vs. Baragon. I had seen the VHS for Mysterians by this point in time so I was aware of Moguera, even if I hadn't seen his film.

What I really love about this game is also all the references I didn't notice at the time that I appreciate now. Like the Matango stage or fighting the Goten from War in Space. Stuff I didn't think too much about (or really think was even a reference to something from a movie), that now having seen the films feels quite neat to see all the history they packed in this game.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

It's neat how many Toho movie things are actually in the game. Ex) the stage enemies
Resized Image

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I still consider this the Best Godzilla video game ever. I wish a sequel would have been created for the Wii Virtual console as was done with Megaman (9&10) & Sonic 4. But heck having ANY of the Godzilla games on the Wii Virtual Console would have been awesome even though I have all the NES/SNES ones.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MDK »

Dillyzilla the Kaiju wrote: skreeonk you
LOL.

OT: This game was a bit medicore but it's still fun every once in a while.
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Next to godzilla destroy all monsters for famicom, it's the best game. Also it's the cheapest and most accessible of the good Godzilla games
Resized Image

Godz
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godz »

I wanna know whatever happened to the fan HD remake of this game...
SAVE_US.GDZ

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Well I was playin and I noticed a few interesting tricks that might help pros and nooks alike in this game

First of when the game starts, Godzilla has less health then mothra, which I always found weird, but anywho mothra has more health and energy. But godzilla I have found levels up faster, this could be due to the fact that your blowing more crap up. Mothra has more health but will not levelup as fast because you will be avoiding confrontation with enemies. So godzilla starts with less health and can die actually pretty fast, but has better combat capabilities if you get used to him. Mothra starts with more health but is pathetic when itcomes to combat, she is good at going across terrain. So that's what I got so far

Noob tip: when da horseshoe of death comes, you can sometimes easily doge it by jumping, which leads it upward, then ducking. Works almost every time. Also if your Godzilla and you can't dodge the horseshoe, you can breath atomic breath on it. It will not kill it but you will minimize damage because the animation will not be dragged back.
Resized Image

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Godz wrote:I wanna know whatever happened to the fan HD remake of this game...
Oh yeah, i forgot about it...

Maybe it got on a hiatus but i hope that game gets to see the light of day.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Agreed, this game sucks but if you take the time to play it, you notice alot of cool things and to be honest I love the fighting parts, there just so fun and you don't have to worry about a crap load of like combo moves and stuff.

This game deserves like a remake
Resized Image

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

I didn't beat very many NES games as a kid - in fact, I didn't really beat many videogames at all until the N64 era and onward, when game design focused less on punishing you with death and more on getting you through the game.

But I beat this game. I had to. It was Godzilla. I got some really nice presents for Christmas '89, but I think this is the one I have the fondest memories of.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary