Honest opinion on Bagan?

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.

What do you think about Bagan?

He's so cool and awesome!
28%
I like him, but I find him overrated.
28%
I am neutral.
19%
I don't like him.
5%
Bagan and his fans are one of the worst things in this fandom.
19%

Total votes: 135

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Re: Honest opinion on Bagan?

Post by KManX89 »

Ivo-goji wrote:
KManX89 wrote: To be fair, though, King Ghidorah is widely-regarded as one of, if not the strongest kaiju ever, yet he's the first boss in the Super Godzilla game and a total pushover at that.
Ghidorah being a pushover is consistent with how strong he actually is: not very strong at all.
Only in the game Super Godzilla, in the movies, he's pretty much always needed help one way or another to beat him (though it's debatable if he really "needed" the interference to beat him solo in GvKG). Then again, the game itself isn't particularly hard, just tedious and not very fun.
Ivo-goji wrote:
KManX89 wrote:Is Bio really stronger than Mecha-King Ghidorah (or even regular Ghids)?
Yes.
It's debatable if she's even as strong as regular Ghidorah. I can see a case being made for any version of MechaGodzilla, but Biollante? Case and point, she's the first and easiest boss in Godzilla Generations: Maximum Impact, if we're using games as the basis of our arguments.
Last edited by KManX89 on Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

I like Bagan and think he has a great design. But I do wish that he had his own powers.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

I think the design used in Super Godzilla and that other CD game is terrible. But the Chimera idea is cool. If that version of Bagan showed up in a movie, I'd have no problem with that.

Alternatively, just make up any old monster and call that Bagan. Either way we'd be done with the whole matter.

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

He's got a great design and i kinda wish he'd get the chance to show up on a film, but i do agree he gets quite overhyped and overrated easily.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

So say Legendary announces Bagan as the end all be all for the Monsterverse. Would you guys dislike the idea since he was used in a game and has a big following that have wanted him in a film for years? Or would you be open to it, and if so what would be needed for you to be like "That's the film I HAVE to see"
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

He should just be a meme or something, I don't desire to ever see him.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

He was never big on my list but I see why some would want to see him. He would've worked for the Heisei era but not so much any of the others
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

_JNavs_ wrote:So say Legendary announces Bagan as the end all be all for the Monsterverse. Would you guys dislike the idea since he was used in a game and has a big following that have wanted him in a film for years? Or would you be open to it, and if so what would be needed for you to be like "That's the film I HAVE to see"
I feel like he'd be in need of a reinvention. Super Godzilla didn't really give much to work with personality-wise; I don't know how well the "mega evil final boss" thing would fly in a modern movie. The idea of a creature powered though the tampering of its cells is still a unique concept, but reusing the exact same plot from the game wouldn't be as exciting.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

GigaBowserG wrote:I don't know how well the "mega evil final boss" thing would fly in a modern movie.
It didn't seem do anything for Pacific Rim: Uprising.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

i don't like him. i don't HATE him but he never came off as anything special to me. i thought his design was quite plain and the powers he has is nothing special. i'd be totally fine if he just stays with Obsidius and Krystalak in the video game pile because quite honestly i don't want to see him in a movie.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Eh, never even registers in my mind.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

When playing Super Godzilla back in the day, it was neat to get a new monster as the final boss.

And the behind the scenes stories about how Bagan was set to be in so many different projects, but they kept getting the axe, is a funny Godzilla tale for fans.

Other than those things, he isn't that big a deal to me.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

I prefer the versions from the Resurrection of Godzilla and Mothra vs. Bagan drafts
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

He's inoffensive to me. Don't hate him, but don't really like him. :shrug:

Though I do kind of hate the way that he's made to be so ridiculously overpowered in K.W.C. But that's not really a problem with the character itself. Just with a few K.W.C. writers :lol:
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Super Godzilla and Bagan will always haunt/plague us.

Although I have a soft spot for this guy

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Always loved that elephant kaiju concept art for Bagan, def would've been a unique monster

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

I would kill to see Angry Elephant Man in a Godzilla movie one day, whether he's called Bagan or not.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Bagan rocks! Maritonic told me so!
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Steel Hellkite
Samurai

Post by Steel Hellkite »

I'd like to see him in film, but it would kinda kill his mystique too. I've always seen him as the Godzilla fandom's sasquatch or other cryptid. He has so much information out there, and there is that awful footage of him from a few decades ago that people go on about all the time. But if he finally truly showed up in a film, everybody would go "hey, there he is. Cool." Then the world would spin on and he would just be another monster. Without all of the backstory and the fact that he kind of appeared tangentially in a game, he is just kind of a basic big bad monster to defeat.
Last edited by Steel Hellkite on Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Bagan sucks.....a kaiju that appeared on the Super Nes years ago that became a meme to enrage Godzilla fans has become stale predictable and boring.