City Shrouded in Shadow (PS4)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

City Shrouded in Shadow (PS4)

Post by GigaBowserG »

http://knst.bn-ent.net/
PS4/PS Vita: "City Shrouded In Shadow" Giant Creature/Disaster/ Survival Game

If you recall the chaos of every giant monster film out there, giants are shown tearing down cities while humanity flees like ants. Well in this game, you're the ant trying to survive the giants!

"City Shrouded In Darkness" is a survival game that puts the player not in the shoes of human protagonists who are trying to survive an out of control disaster that is laying waste to the city.
The disaster being colossal unknown creatures and entities destroying the city!!

In game, while your focus is to survive the chaos around you. You also have to survive the monstrosities attacking, and survive the fallout of kaiju-brawls that will erupt within the city.

ULTRAMAN is one of the confirmed franchises appearing within the game. With the next creature to be announced having a "Godzilla-silhouette", so TOHO's Godzilla might be joining the game as well! (Might being the keyword!)

This game is exclusive only to the PS4 and PS Vita and is being published from Bandai Namco.
Ultraman! Godzilla! Maybe Eva-01!

Sounds very intriguing~

(sourced)
Last edited by GigaBowserG on Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:42 am, edited 4 times in total.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Re: City Shrouded in Darkness (PS4/Vita)

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

A possible Ultraman/Godzilla crossover game. On the PS4. Made by Bandai Namco. And you play as the fucking people running away from the monsters?! If this is actually a crossover game, then it's a complete waste of the licenses.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Teaser for the "Godzilla-like" monster. I'm half-expecting like Jirass just to mess with people.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Gormaru Island dropping the hype ball again. How is that at all "Godzilla" like? It could literally be anything
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Only guess is that part of the magazine has some notice that brings special attention to it. This seems strangely dark to be an Ultraman game, maybe it's just me?
/crawls back under rock

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:Gormaru Island dropping the hype ball again. How is that at all "Godzilla" like? It could literally be anything
Um, the classic Godzilla stance?
Also a teaser trailer was revealed and a very Godzilla like foot is shown.
^This post in sexually offensive.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Dillyziller wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:Gormaru Island dropping the hype ball again. How is that at all "Godzilla" like? It could literally be anything
Classic Godzilla stance? You mean the go to kaiju stance? It's an Ultraman game. There are gonna be kaiju in it. A lot of Ultra kaiju have "Godzilla like" feet.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

A survivor horror kaiju game where you are one of the Extras running for his/her life? I LOVE IT!
Last edited by BlankAccount on Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Dillyziller wrote:
Classic Godzilla stance? You mean the go to kaiju stance? It's an Ultraman game. There are gonna be kaiju in it. A lot of Ultra kaiju have "Godzilla like" feet.
lol Why would they keep it covered up?
^This post in sexually offensive.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

"This is not the story of some hero. This is your story." Nice.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Not uploaded to YouTube yet, but here's the trailer: https://www.facebook.com/GormaruIsland/ ... =2&theater

Edit, wow, it's actually been around since December:
Last edited by GigaBowserG on Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/crawls back under rock

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Thank you Giga.

Jatahaxe
Interpol Agent

Post by Jatahaxe »

So it looks as though the primary antagonist is literally the giant shadow (which would make sense considering the title) with some kind of cyclopian eye beam. Interesting.

Not going to get my hopes up that It'll ever be localized or translated, though.
Monsters are the real people.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:If this is actually a crossover game, then it's a complete waste of the licenses.
I'd argue that this was a waste. You don't even get to fly as an ASTOL-MB93 or one of the Super-X or Garuda to fight Godzilla.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Game is looking rightx they're definitely hinting at Godzilla.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

Some links:

twitter: https://twitter.com/knst_PR?lang=de

Certainly looks interesting.
Hi!

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Not sold on it. And like Pop has said, if Godzilla and Ultraman really are going to be in the same game, this is an enormous waste. I'm just not sold on the concept and feel a little bitter after Godzilla (PS3/PS4). Also, this could end up being as lame as Godzilla 2: War of the Monsters. So pardon me if I'm smashing people's parades.

At least you're not actually trying to fight the monsters... :roll:
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Told non kaiju fans about it on another forum. They actually said they play it, seems they are interested in it not being just "another fighter" and that it's "doing something different".

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Young Guy »

I don't really like how the protagonist looks like anime pretty boy in business suit #6788. Overall, this looks interesting. I'm curious to see more. Probably won't get released outside Japan, though.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Showa Gyaos wrote:Not sold on it. And like Pop has said, if Godzilla and Ultraman really are going to be in the same game, this is an enormous waste.
Could be... worse? Maybe?
/crawls back under rock