City Shrouded in Shadow (PS4)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Shazam14
EDF Instructor

Re: City Shrouded in Darkness (PS4)

Post by Shazam14 »

I assume these will be the last reveals?

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Most likely, unless there's DLC planned.

Added in 9 hours 26 minutes 35 seconds:
Last edited by MoarCrossovers on Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Someone in another comment pointed this out, the Eva side also has the "Eighth Angel" (known as Sahaquiel in the show).
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

YES. Ol' crazy Kiryu!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Shazam14
EDF Instructor

Post by Shazam14 »

Good shit part 2!

Gojira95
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira95 »

Shazam14 wrote:

Good Hedorah part 2!
Damn, that's a cool intro. I'm impressed!

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Wow. Just wow. Even if the game sucks, this intro will forever be awesome.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

In the middle of watching a livestream, and they just showed off Ultraman Belial, Ultraman Taro, and Ultraman Zero!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfJgMMmVP3I

More edit, looks like you can watch the recorded stream in the link above. The new trailer starts at around the 19:13 mark.
Last edited by GigaBowserG on Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Is that Akane and M11 skins!?!?!? At the end of the intro!

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Is that Akane and M11 skins!?!?!? At the end of the intro!
Didn't see M11, but I did see Akane and Science Patrol uniforms.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Dear Bandai, please let this be released in the US. Sincerely Daws.
Last edited by Dawsbfiremind on Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Shazam14
EDF Instructor

Post by Shazam14 »

Latest trailer. I'm really liking what I see.

I gotta say, these damn yakuza are really persistent on killing you. Don't give a fuck that giant monsters and mechs are destroying shit.
Last edited by Shazam14 on Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

UltramanGoji wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Is that Akane and M11 skins!?!?!? At the end of the intro!
Didn't see M11, but I did see Akane and Science Patrol uniforms.
I must of mistaken M11 for Science Patrol. It just reminded me of those 'flight suits' they had in GvKG, the ones with the weird helmets.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

I don't understand Japanese but from the looks of it - new dialogue and interactions change depending on which outfit you where (referencing the police scene). It's the little things that I like. :P

Chlorph
Yojimbo

Post by Chlorph »

Shazam14 wrote: I gotta say, these damn yakuza are really persistent on killing you. Don't give a skreeonk that giant monsters and mechs are destroying Hedorah.
Where was Hedorah?
Ask me anything - askmrtoots.tumblr.com

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Nowhere. The word s h i t is replaced by Hedorah on the forums now.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:Dear Bandai, please let this be released in the US. Sincerely Daws.
Sadly its probably not gonna happen. Here's the big issue.

At least with Bandai's Godzilla game. Godzilla is an cinematic icon known by people worldwide even those outside the kaiju fandom. Unfortunately those like Gamera and Ultraman (Can't say the same for Evangelion, is that popular like Attack on Titan and Dragon Ball Z?) are mostly only known to those in the kaiju fandom otherwise outside of that is rather obscure to the GA as a whole, so I really couldn't see it selling very well outside of Japan sadly...

Granted I will admit in Ultraman's case he might be a bit more popular then Gamera to an selected few in the GA, I recall Will Smith is a fan of the character and would love to play him if an American remake were to happen. At least from what I heard that is.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

We won't get a US release, but we might get an English translation released in Singapore.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Ah, won't be the first time I have to import a game. Whatever happens happens I guess.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The idea that because Gamera isn't well known doesn't mean anything. You're forgetting that video games outside things like shooters and GTA are pretty much a niche thing, and many new IPS are from Japan with no prior popularity. You can't really compare movie going audiences to people who play a lot of video games, it's completely different.

On top of that, I disagree so hard that Evangelion isn't recognizable. Sure it's not the current after school anime club fan girl thing like Attack on Titan, but it's probably one of the most influential and significant animes, especially because of how often it's parodied.

If you're gonna also get cynical on the marketing, ugh, it's easy to just have a big Godzilla and Eva, and some mech on the cover with smaller Ultraman or whatever.

Modern horror games are also really popular now a days. While I hate this trend, and hate let's players, no doubt they'd play this and pretty much sell the game to a wider audience.

The idea of just assuming the game won't get a western release is kinda jarring.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.