Godzilla: Domination (GBA)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Gigan X3
Futurian

Re: Official "Godzilla: Domination" Discussion Thread

Post by Gigan X3 »

Goji wrote:
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:That reporter chick in the game was hot.
Geez...we really need to get you laid bro.
She is actually hot. :eh:
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?
He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

^agreed

you can totally see her panties when shes in the mining outfit! :P
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

She looks attractive in some of the shots, but there are some where she's kinda ugh, too. Not really my type.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

"The Vortaak have won! Earth is doomed!"

"The Mutants have won! Earth is doomed!"

"SpaceGodzilla has won! Earth is doomed!"

Dammit, Pipeworks. :mad:
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Living Corpse wrote:You know what my favorite thing about this game is?

Each monster had a different ending. Too bad the Atrai console games didn't. Hell even different still images for each monster and a wall of text would have been beter then just using one ending for every monster.
Sometimes I wonder if they had a bigger plan for endings and ditched it. For some reason I got that kinda vibe.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Hotrod93
G-Force Personnel

Post by Hotrod93 »

JVM wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:You know what my favorite thing about this game is?

Each monster had a different ending. Too bad the Atrai console games didn't. Hell even different still images for each monster and a wall of text would have been beter then just using one ending for every monster.
Sometimes I wonder if they had a bigger plan for endings and ditched it. For some reason I got that kinda vibe.
Oddly I got the feeling of laziness, Im sure they had bigger plans but said screw it and ditched it.
Tyler wrote:$200 if I hump a car.

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

Well they surely did more than any of the console Atari games.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?
He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

^ Well that's what I'm saying. I have a feeling more was planned for G:U's endings and they had to cut stuff like they did every other feature of the game.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Tyler wrote:Godzilla: Dominatrix

:shock:
I've had some fucked up mental images before, but that just takes the cake.

HARDER, MOTHRA.

Hotrod93
G-Force Personnel

Post by Hotrod93 »

JVM wrote:
Tyler wrote:Godzilla: Dominatrix

:shock:
I've had some skreeonk up mental images before, but that just takes the cake.

HARDER, BIOLLANTE.
Fixed
Tyler wrote:$200 if I hump a car.

Ligerzilla2014
G-Grasper

Post by Ligerzilla2014 »

For me, this game was everything that Godzilla Unleashed DS should have been. They couldv'e just expanded the roster and gave the characters a few more moves

Godzillafan642
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godzillafan642 »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:That reporter chick in the game was hot.
zilla103192 wrote:^agreed

you can totally see her panties when shes in the mining outfit! :P
JVM wrote:She looks attractive in some of the shots, but there are some where she's kinda ugh, too. Not really my type.
Yeah to me she looks hot in the mining shot & the snow shot i give her a 7 & a half out of 10 my hot metter i would date as for the game it does get a little boring mosty becasue of the lack of monsters i do not know why they cut anguruis & gigan out & rodan's poison cas that he shots out of his mouth is based off hedorah who was aslo cut & i would have liked some more bosses but the game can be petty hard in story mode.
Join my new godzilla fanfic
Shadow arena wins 1-0
Woo Woo Woo you know it

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Is it true that Hedorah was originally planned to be in this game as well?

I really enjoyed this game. Being a big fan of Neo Geo's KING OF THE MONSTERS arcade games from the early 90's, I really liked that this game used the same basic structure. If only the roster was bigger, and more diverse, it would fantastic, but unfortunately, the only real stand out character is Megalon (who I'm glad at least made the cut, you have to have somebody representing that era :) ) .

The only thing that really irks me is how huge Mecha-King Ghidorah is as the final boss. That was just...silly to me.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Mugendude26
Monsterland Worker

Post by Mugendude26 »

Here are some of the answers to your questions guys. In mid-August, Dillon (zilla103192) and I managed to ask Kirby Fong a few questions regarding Godzilla: Domination! mainly because no one really discussed it. We did ask him a few more questions regarding the game and rumors on Wikipedia but as of the current moment, no reply from him.

Q1: How did you get started working on Godzilla: Domination?
A: We were already working on the console version so it made sense to do a handheld version.

Q2: Why was Mecha-King Ghidorah the final boss and why is he bigger than the other monsters? I have also heard rumors that Biollante was originally going to be the final boss at first. Is this true?
A: I think with the roster of monsters we finally decided on he was the coolest and baddest of them all.  I don't recall if we considered putting Biollante in.

Q3: Were more monsters planned besides the final six choices or were they the roster from the start?
A: With the dev time and space on the cart we were limited to what we could do and how many monsters we could build.

Q4: Why does Megalon look so different from his film counterpart? Like why is he green and purple?
A: I don't know why, sorry.

Q5: Why do some monsters have strange attacks that they never had in the films such as Rodan's Radioactive Mist attack and King Ghidorah's Magnetic Pull?
A: We had to take some liberties to make the game more interesting.

Q6: Was there at any point during development to include hidden arenas, game modes, or monsters like in Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee?
A: No, the cart size we used did not allow it.
Believe it or not, George isn’t at home.
Please leave a message at the beep.
I must be out, or I’d pick up the phone.
Where could I be?
Believe it or not, I’m not home!

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

Godzilla Domination. The fond memories of when I got this on Christmas Day 2003. For what it was the game was kinda fun in the fact that each monster gets their own ending. I enjoy this game despite the small amount of cities & monsters.
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

Godzillafan642
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godzillafan642 »

Mugendude26 wrote:Here are some of the answers to your questions guys. In mid-August, Dillon (zilla103192) and I managed to ask Kirby Fong a few questions regarding Godzilla: Domination! mainly because no one really discussed it. We did ask him a few more questions regarding the game and rumors on Wikipedia but as of the current moment, no reply from him.

Q1: How did you get started working on Godzilla: Domination?
A: We were already working on the console version so it made sense to do a handheld version.

Q2: Why was Mecha-King Ghidorah the final boss and why is he bigger than the other monsters? I have also heard rumors that Biollante was originally going to be the final boss at first. Is this true?
A: I think with the roster of monsters we finally decided on he was the coolest and baddest of them all.  I don't recall if we considered putting Biollante in.

Q3: Were more monsters planned besides the final six choices or were they the roster from the start?
A: With the dev time and space on the cart we were limited to what we could do and how many monsters we could build.

Q4: Why does Megalon look so different from his film counterpart? Like why is he green and purple?
A: I don't know why, sorry.

Q5: Why do some monsters have strange attacks that they never had in the films such as Rodan's Radioactive Mist attack and King Ghidorah's Magnetic Pull?
A: We had to take some liberties to make the game more interesting.

Q6: Was there at any point during development to include hidden arenas, game modes, or monsters like in Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee?
A: No, the cart size we used did not allow it.
But how does kirby fong know all about this.
Join my new godzilla fanfic
Shadow arena wins 1-0
Woo Woo Woo you know it

Mugendude26
Monsterland Worker

Post by Mugendude26 »

He was I believe the executive producer for the game.
Believe it or not, George isn’t at home.
Please leave a message at the beep.
I must be out, or I’d pick up the phone.
Where could I be?
Believe it or not, I’m not home!

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Mugendude26 wrote:He was I believe the executive producer for the game.
Yeah, Kirby Fong produced all of Atari's Godzilla games until he left Atari, I believe after STE was released.

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

My favorite characters were Megalon and Mechagodzilla!
I love King Ghidorah, but he's hard to use!
Did anyone ever successfully execute Ghidorah's "Glide Slice" move?
Formerly known as kurtzilla

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

No sorry, I meant the move where he jumps in the air, quickly flies across the screen, and lands with a stomp.
Thanks for trying to help anyway!
Formerly known as kurtzilla