Godzilla: Domination (GBA)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Tidlefire
Yojimbo

Re: Official "Godzilla: Domination" Discussion Thread

Post by Tidlefire »

I love King Ghidorah, but he's hard to use! Did anyone ever successfully execute Ghidorah's "Glide Slice" move?
King Ghidorah's rage attacks suck. Glide Slice and Magnetic Beams are almost useless. Both basic attacks hit the opponent twice, Magnetic Pull is great when facing 2+ enemies. He is also the easiest to beat MKG with(Swooping Talon Scratch spam him).

Biogoji89
GPN Volunteer

Post by Biogoji89 »

Great video game!One of my first Godzilla games!
"Turn!180 degrees!"

Tidlefire
Yojimbo

Post by Tidlefire »

Has anyone noticed that MKG's attack damage changes? I mean like if you lose and try again, then he is doing twice the damage he was last time.

Mugendude26
Monsterland Worker

Post by Mugendude26 »

Tidlefire wrote:Has anyone noticed that MKG's attack damage changes? I mean like if you lose and try again, then he is doing twice the damage he was last time.
I never noticed that before.
Believe it or not, George isn’t at home.
Please leave a message at the beep.
I must be out, or I’d pick up the phone.
Where could I be?
Believe it or not, I’m not home!

Tidlefire
Yojimbo

Post by Tidlefire »

Mugendude26 wrote:
Tidlefire wrote:Has anyone noticed that MKG's attack damage changes? I mean like if you lose and try again, then he is doing twice the damage he was last time.
I never noticed that before.
Pay attention to your health bar.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Mechagodzilla is my best character. MKG was terrifying when I first battled him.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Tidlefire
Yojimbo

Post by Tidlefire »

Has anyone actually played a Versus game?

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla: Domination (GBA)

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

One of my first Godzilla games :D
I could still hear the music, the attacks, the roars, and the noise when you lose -___-

Mecha King Ghidorah was a bad mofo. Scared the crap outta me every time.

Oh, I played this game before I officially got into Godzilla or completely watched any of the films, so I thank this game for being a step forward for me towards Godzilla enlightenment :cry:

Too bad some shit head in 5th grade rubbed the sticker off the cartridge -____-
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

So, I actually started playing this again.

Rodan farts...

:dizzy:

I think I will search for the Japanese version too... just because it is more visually pleasing IMHO.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

While not great, the game is easily one of the better Godzilla games out there... just had the misfortune of being overshadowed by one of the best Godzilla games (Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee) being released around the same time.

The monster cast is different enough from each other to add some nice replay value to the title too.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I freakin' LOVE this game! This is one of my top 3 Godzilla games, which isn't really saying much I suppose.

The music is probably my favorite part. It's so upbeat, I love it!

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

This game is cool. Could've done with a bigger roster and more thought-out fighting mechanics though.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Copperydock wrote:This game is cool. Could've done with a bigger roster and more thought-out fighting mechanics though.
Yeah, a shame we never got a true sequel using the same concept rather than the awkward Godzilla Unleashed DS game we eventually got instead.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Arbok wrote:
Copperydock wrote:This game is cool. Could've done with a bigger roster and more thought-out fighting mechanics though.
Yeah, a shame we never got a true sequel using the same concept rather than the awkward Godzilla Unleashed DS game we eventually got instead.
:( I still like the DS game...
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Varan Bon Ziller wrote:
Tyler wrote:
zilla103192 wrote:Rodan farts...
I think that's from Hedorah being in his place at one point.
That explains why it's coming from the front end. :shock:
Its funny because the animation used for the attack, makes it look like he is sqeezing a good one

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

This seriously deserved a sequel, more monsters and cities.

It was underated while being compared with DAMM.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

I never understood why Megalon got in over Anguirus or Gigan.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Godzilla3000 wrote:I never understood why Megalon got in over Anguirus or Gigan.
I hope I recall right, but from my talks with Kirby Fong (producer on Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee and the one who pushed Atari to make the Godzilla games in the first place) I believe his favorite Godzilla film was actually Godzilla vs. Megalon.

So that's why Megalon got a lot of love in the Atari games, as he was one of three starters in G:DAMM and more.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

I remember it like it was yesterday, it was Christmas morning and what I got from "santa" was a gameboy advanced. I was so pumped, especially because I got a godzilla game as well. This game was freaking awesome as a kid. Godzilla on the gamecube dominated much of my time and when I wasn't at home, I was playing Godzilla domination. I still enjoy the game today alot. Like alot alot. I Enjoy it more then I enjoyed it then(somehow), I think it's because the ds Godzilla game we got was HORRIBLE. the game is fun and whenever I pick it up, I'll spend 10min to an hour playin it. When you play it that long, the game really suffers from a small amount of monsters. While I wouldn't go as far to say the monster roster is piss poor, it is a little lacking. Think of it this way, if you can fit a whole metroid or Zelda game on that tiny cartridge, then you can add a bit more crap to a simple Godzilla fighting game. It's odd how a little gameboy game can easily outmatch a DS game, and even some of the other Godzilla games. If your one of the people who are like "OOOOHHH THE MONSTER SELECTION IS TERRIBLLLLLLE!!" then if you want to see some more monsters, there is a pic on deviant art call something like Godzilla domination destroy all monsters which has alot of fan made sprites on there. So ya theres my MASSIVE wall of text, I would have to say, the game is worth getting. 4.5/5
Resized Image

gojizilla97
Monarch Researcher

What was with Megalons colors in Godzilla domination?

Post by gojizilla97 »

The colors are random
Bond. James Bond.