Godzilla: Domination (GBA)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Zilla103192
Keizer

Re: What was with Megalons colors in Godzilla domination?

Post by Zilla103192 »

There is a thread for Godzilla Domination already, this could of gone in there...
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Yep^^

I think it either was limitation of gameboy(doubt it) or....
They wanted a more colorful monster selection
Resized Image

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

zilla103192 wrote:There is a thread for Godzilla Domination already, this could of gone in there...
Yeah but this is kind of a differant story with Dominations.

Anyway, Megalon in this game always reminded me of Trendmaster Megalon for some reason.
^This post in sexually offensive.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Dillyzilla the Kaiju wrote:Anyway, Megalon in this game always reminded me of Trendmaster Megalon for some reason.
I don't think that's coincidence, as yes the coloring of Megalon was pretty close to his Trendmasters counterpart. Never bothered me, though, as all of them took a lot of creative liberties versus their movie counterparts and was very cartoony to begin with.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Godzilla: Domination (GBA)

Post by Dillyziller »

Why was Godzilla green in the english ver but grayish-black in the japanese ver?
Also with MechaGodzilla. In english, its like the 1993 ver. But the japanese one is Kiryu.

And did the jap version originaly come with mini figures?>>>>> http://img.neoseeker.com/boxview.php?ii ... type=front

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

So wait, if two monsters were cut from the game because of budget, why was the japanese version with three different monsters. I mean they took the time to sprite them, especially mechagodzilla, but whynot add gigan(hedorah doesn't seem likely). And anguirus. I would have easily accepted a green Godzilla and the mechagodzilla 2 and take two more monsters. They kinda dropped the ball on that
Resized Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Beef Bigshot wrote:So wait, if two monsters were cut from the game because of budget, why was the japanese version with three different monsters. I mean they took the time to sprite them, especially mechagodzilla, but whynot add gigan(hedorah doesn't seem likely). And anguirus. I would have easily accepted a green Godzilla and the mechagodzilla 2 and take two more monsters. They kinda dropped the ball on that
It's a lot cheaper to reskin existing sprites than to create new ones from scratch, think of move ideas, and animate them.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

ya but still, gigan would have been sweet
Resized Image

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

Beef Bigshot wrote:ya but still, gigan would have been sweet
Yeah, you cant have Megalon with out Gigan.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Dillyzilla the Kaiju wrote:Why was Godzilla green in the english ver but grayish-black in the japanese ver?
Also with MechaGodzilla. In english, its like the 1993 ver. But the japanese one is Kiryu.

And did the jap version originaly come with mini figures?>>>>> http://img.neoseeker.com/boxview.php?ii ... type=front
To make it appear as a tie in with Tokyo SOS

And yes, it did, but I am not sure if it always came with the toys, or if a special collectors edition of the game came with the toys.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Baragon98
Interpol Agent

Post by Baragon98 »

Its a awesome game! The only thing that have annoyed me,its because the GameCube version have exclusive monsters(I only hear by other people,and saw some images) But the GBA version continues an nice game :)
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."