Godzilla Kaiju Collection

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
User avatar
Zeruel
Samurai
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 4:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Godzilla Kaiju Collection

Postby Zeruel » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:39 am

It says it'll be up through 2/11. I'm also expecting some new missions to show up as well, but we won't see what they are until tomorrow. This Gotengo event's going to last a long while, too, until 2/28.
<-- Asmodeus (Shin Megami Tensei IV) - designed by Yasushi Nirasawa - Gigan (Godzilla: Final Wars) -->

User avatar
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President
Posts: 4590
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:25 am

Re: Godzilla Kaiju Collection

Postby GigaBowserG » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:26 am

Zeruel wrote:It says it'll be up through 2/11. I'm also expecting some new missions to show up as well, but we won't see what they are until tomorrow. This Gotengo event's going to last a long while, too, until 2/28.


Yeah, that's kinda suspicious. They like to hold double special events lately if something lasts that long... Maybe something connected to GFW, since GFW Godzilla, Keizer Ghidorah, and Gotengo all show up at this event? No idea what it could be...

*whistles* On a side note, gave the premium gacha a spin (well, 3 spins). The guaranteed yellow-purple thing was too good to pass up. Purple 4-star SpaceGodzilla, 2 yellow 4-star GFW Anguirus, yellow 4-star G1954, yellow 4-star Jet Jaguar, yellow 5-star non-burning DesuGoji, and yellow 5-star GFW Gotengo! The purple SpaceG and non-burning DesuGoji were worth the rolls. Now all I really want is Eternal Mothra.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

User avatar
Zeruel
Samurai
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 4:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Godzilla Kaiju Collection

Postby Zeruel » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:24 am

GigaBowserG wrote:
Zeruel wrote:It says it'll be up through 2/11. I'm also expecting some new missions to show up as well, but we won't see what they are until tomorrow. This Gotengo event's going to last a long while, too, until 2/28.


Yeah, that's kinda suspicious. They like to hold double special events lately if something lasts that long... Maybe something connected to GFW, since GFW Godzilla, Keizer Ghidorah, and Gotengo all show up at this event? No idea what it could be...

*whistles* On a side note, gave the premium gacha a spin (well, 3 spins). The guaranteed yellow-purple thing was too good to pass up. Purple 4-star SpaceGodzilla, 2 yellow 4-star GFW Anguirus, yellow 4-star G1954, yellow 4-star Jet Jaguar, yellow 5-star non-burning DesuGoji, and yellow 5-star GFW Gotengo! The purple SpaceG and non-burning DesuGoji were worth the rolls. Now all I really want is Eternal Mothra.


Nice, sounds like a great batch. I only had enough for one draw, and the only rare type I got was a purple 4-star Modified Gigan, which I already have, but I'll raise him to get another Skill level. I'll have enough G-Opals for another draw before it ends, though.
<-- Asmodeus (Shin Megami Tensei IV) - designed by Yasushi Nirasawa - Gigan (Godzilla: Final Wars) -->

User avatar
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President
Posts: 4590
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:25 am

Re: Godzilla Kaiju Collection

Postby GigaBowserG » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:50 pm

....uhhh
So tried out GFW Gotengo recently, and used his offensive special skill. Unless I missed something in the fine print, it hits YOUR OWN monsters :lol: Luckily it was both my 6-star guys, so they didn't go down in the middle of battle, but that was pretty amusing.

On another note, Zeruel, did you ever make a write-up of where those "awakening stones" can be found...? TK's search feature is terrible.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

User avatar
AWMGodzilla62
Interpol Agent
Posts: 654
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:22 am

Re: Godzilla Kaiju Collection

Postby AWMGodzilla62 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:27 pm

Did 2 packs and I had absolutely no good luck. Got yet another purple GMK Baragaon, and the only new one I got out of 20 was a yellow Little Godzilla. With the one exception of a green 4 star Megalon, all the rest were 3 stars. I'm glad the packs were forced to give me a yellow and purple because otherwise I think was just a mood to give me garbage lol :lol: Oh well, at least it's nice to know with every pack I get more eggs and I can eventually get something really good!

User avatar
Zeruel
Samurai
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 4:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Godzilla Kaiju Collection

Postby Zeruel » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:54 pm

GigaBowserG wrote:....uhhh
So tried out GFW Gotengo recently, and used his offensive special skill. Unless I missed something in the fine print, it hits YOUR OWN monsters :lol: Luckily it was both my 6-star guys, so they didn't go down in the middle of battle, but that was pretty amusing.

On another note, Zeruel, did you ever make a write-up of where those "awakening stones" can be found...? TK's search feature is terrible.


You know, I was just looking at the Gacha page a couple hours ago and noticed its skill, and thought that was a typo - it has "self" (自) instead of "enemy" (敵) in the description. But it actually does work like that? What's the point?! :?

As for Awakening Stones, I've never written anything on how to obtain them yet, but I guess now's as good a time as any. So, here we go.

Clear "base" Awakening Stones can be obtained by clearing normal stages or event stages. Colored "element" Awakening Stones can be obtained by clearing Izu Oshima (volcano event stage) stages. The color obtained depends on the day.

Monday: Red
Tuesday: Purple
Wednesday: Green
Thursday: Blue
Friday: Yellow
Saturday: any color
Sunday: any color

Event stages (ones with variable difficulties, not the single-difficulty ones like Destoroyah [Final] and Kiryu [Improved] in the past) also drop clear and colored stones. You can obtain clear ones on any stage, while colored ones depends on the stage. Here's typically the pattern, but check the event stage select to confirm the color.

Red: Stage 3 (Easy, Normal, random on Hard)
Green: Stage 1 (Easy, Normal), Stage 3 (random on Hard)
Blue: Stage 2 (Easy, Normal), Stage 3 (random on Hard)
Purple: Stage 1 (Hard)
Yellow: Stage 2 (Hard)
<-- Asmodeus (Shin Megami Tensei IV) - designed by Yasushi Nirasawa - Gigan (Godzilla: Final Wars) -->

User avatar
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President
Posts: 4590
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:25 am

Re: Godzilla Kaiju Collection

Postby GigaBowserG » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:30 am

Oh, had no idea the stones were based on what day of the week it was, that's really interesting. Thanks for those :)

...And yeah, GFW Gotengo's skill lives up to its description, hahaha
Image

Absolutely clueless why it'd have that feature.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

User avatar
Zeruel
Samurai
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 4:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Godzilla Kaiju Collection

Postby Zeruel » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:16 pm

There are a couple new notifications up. First, Burning Godzilla will be the next available egg kaiju. Second, the February special missions are up at least in Japan. You'll probably have to wait until 2/1 for your local time for the missions to appear. From now on, if you already have a required kaiju at the required max level, you'll be able to complete the mission immediately, instead of having to raise the kaiju from scratch.
<-- Asmodeus (Shin Megami Tensei IV) - designed by Yasushi Nirasawa - Gigan (Godzilla: Final Wars) -->

User avatar
Living Corpse
Keizer
Posts: 8081
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Godzilla Kaiju Collection

Postby Living Corpse » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:13 pm

GigaBowserG wrote:Oh, had no idea the stones were based on what day of the week it was, that's really interesting. Thanks for those :)

...And yeah, GFW Gotengo's skill lives up to its description, hahaha
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CaCP_CpUMAAdeJ-.jpg:large

Absolutely clueless why it'd have that feature.


Self-Imposed challenge, win a hard match while hurting yourself.


So anyone try winning matches using just Masers?
Image

User avatar
Zeruel
Samurai
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 4:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Godzilla Kaiju Collection

Postby Zeruel » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:08 pm

Here are the February special missions.

-Raise a 5-star Red Minilla (Showa) to level 40: full set of 6 Rank 3 Health Ability Cores
-Clear Shinjuku_7 on Normal 80 times: Kaiju Experience Boost (S) x3, Core Charge Mini x5
-Clear National Diet Building_7 on Normal 80 times: Leader Experience Boost (S) x3, Core Charge Mini x5
-Clear Hamamatsucho_7 on Normal 80 times: Clear Awakening Stone (M) x15, Leader Experience Boost (S) x3, Core Charge Mini x6
-Clear Thursday's [Wednesday 10 AM EST - Thursday 10 AM EST] Izu Oshima_3 on Hard 50 times: Green Awakening Stone (M) x10, Green Awakening Stone (S) x10, Clear Awakening Stone (M) x10, Clear Awakening Stone (S) x10
-Raise a Rank 2 Health Core_6 to level 9: Clear Awakening Stone (M) x15, 3-star Red CLT-95 [Red-type] x3
<-- Asmodeus (Shin Megami Tensei IV) - designed by Yasushi Nirasawa - Gigan (Godzilla: Final Wars) -->

User avatar
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President
Posts: 4590
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:25 am

Re: Godzilla Kaiju Collection

Postby GigaBowserG » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:06 pm

Living Corpse wrote:So anyone try winning matches using just Masers?


I'd almost try this, but remembered - the game doesn't allow you to raise/use duplicate monsters at the same time, and there are only 2 types of raisable maser tanks.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

User avatar
Kaiju Claws
Site Staff
Site Staff
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:14 am
Location: Clinton, IL

Re: Godzilla Kaiju Collection

Postby Kaiju Claws » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:48 pm

So, is the increased chance for Purple/Gold kaiju in the 10 pack still going on? One of the options ended last night, so I'm just curious if it has changed. I don't want to waste my opals this time.
Dungeon Master of the D20 Section

"As long as the arrogance of mankind exists, Godzilla will survive."
- Tomoyuki Tanaka

User avatar
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President
Posts: 4590
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:25 am

Re: Godzilla Kaiju Collection

Postby GigaBowserG » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:56 pm

Kaiju Claws wrote:So, is the increased chance for Purple/Gold kaiju in the 10 pack still going on? One of the options ended last night, so I'm just curious if it has changed. I don't want to waste my opals this time.


It should still be ongoing to the 11th of this month... Yeah... One way to check is to click the "i" info button on the premium gacha page. The 3rd bullet point mentions 「高貴」 or 「野生」, "Noble" or "Wild", for gold or purple monsters.

On another note - I'm in need of a little help collecting some monster pictures! I have nearly all full-body monster portraits collected, just need these last ones:

・done!
Last edited by GigaBowserG on Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

User avatar
Kaiju Claws
Site Staff
Site Staff
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:14 am
Location: Clinton, IL

Re: Godzilla Kaiju Collection

Postby Kaiju Claws » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:41 pm

Thank you for that tidbit Giga! I got a 4 star blue MKG, and best of all a 4 star Jet Jaguar and Heisei King Ghidorah, both gold. :D I was desperately hoping for Showa King Ghidorah, but I will take it!
Dungeon Master of the D20 Section

"As long as the arrogance of mankind exists, Godzilla will survive."
- Tomoyuki Tanaka

User avatar
Zeruel
Samurai
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 4:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Godzilla Kaiju Collection

Postby Zeruel » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:24 pm

They fixed New Gotengo's skill so it hits enemies now. Check your present box for 5 Core Charge Minis, too.
<-- Asmodeus (Shin Megami Tensei IV) - designed by Yasushi Nirasawa - Gigan (Godzilla: Final Wars) -->

User avatar
AWMGodzilla62
Interpol Agent
Posts: 654
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:22 am

Re: Godzilla Kaiju Collection

Postby AWMGodzilla62 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:55 am

Has anyone here or other boards got a Showa King Ghidorah yet? I'm quite curious what his other powers are once he's awakened!

User avatar
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President
Posts: 4590
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:25 am

Re: Godzilla Kaiju Collection

Postby GigaBowserG » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:11 am

AWMGodzilla62 wrote:Has anyone here or other boards got a Showa King Ghidorah yet? I'm quite curious what his other powers are once he's awakened!


No idea. I've only ever encountered him once in the arena mode, and they never use special abilities there. It's kind of strange, none of the Ghidorahs so far have any Gravity Beam attacks, despite Heisei Ghidorah using them on one of the old skill promotional banners.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

User avatar
g2vd
Kwaidan
Posts: 6917
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:36 am

Re: Godzilla Kaiju Collection

Postby g2vd » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:51 am

Wait Showa Ghidorah is in this game? do you have a picture?
Godzilla

User avatar
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President
Posts: 4590
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:25 am

Re: Godzilla Kaiju Collection

Postby GigaBowserG » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:53 am

g2vd wrote:Wait Showa Ghidorah is in this game? do you have a picture?


Image

He's a beaut. And ironically thicker than Heisei Ghidorah and Grand King Ghidorah. lol
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

User avatar
Zeruel
Samurai
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 4:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Godzilla Kaiju Collection

Postby Zeruel » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:24 pm

GigaBowserG wrote:
AWMGodzilla62 wrote:Has anyone here or other boards got a Showa King Ghidorah yet? I'm quite curious what his other powers are once he's awakened!


No idea. I've only ever encountered him once in the arena mode, and they never use special abilities there. It's kind of strange, none of the Ghidorahs so far have any Gravity Beam attacks, despite Heisei Ghidorah using them on one of the old skill promotional banners.


Typically, for monsters other than Godzilla, damaging skills like beams are the second awakened skill. Unfortunately, I haven't evolved any King Ghidorah variant to see if any had Gravity Beams to be sure, but Modified Gigan has Gigarium Cluster and adult Battra has Prism Beam, to name a couple examples.
<-- Asmodeus (Shin Megami Tensei IV) - designed by Yasushi Nirasawa - Gigan (Godzilla: Final Wars) -->


Return to “Toho Video Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest