Godzilla Kaiju Collection

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: Godzilla Kaiju Collection

Post by GigaBowserG »

Zeruel wrote:
GigaBowserG wrote:No idea. I've only ever encountered him once in the arena mode, and they never use special abilities there. It's kind of strange, none of the Ghidorahs so far have any Gravity Beam attacks, despite Heisei Ghidorah using them on one of the old skill promotional banners.
Typically, for monsters other than Godzilla, damaging skills like beams are the second awakened skill. Unfortunately, I haven't evolved any King Ghidorah variant to see if any had Gravity Beams to be sure, but Modified Gigan has Gigarium Cluster and adult Battra has Prism Beam, to name a couple examples.
Does that kaiju encyclopedia list both unawakened and awakened skills for monsters you've obtained? I've only awakened about three or four monsters, but I see extra skills listed there even for unawakened monsters in my kaiju box.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Zeruel
Monsterland Worker

Post by Zeruel »

It does list all available skills, awakened or not. However, each entry displayed is for the highest rank monster obtained in a gacha. This means in most cases, you'll only see two skills, but you'll see the 3rd if you get a 5-star. Evolving doesn't update the entry, either.
<-- Asmodeus (Shin Megami Tensei IV) - designed by Yasushi Nirasawa - Gigan (Godzilla: Final Wars) -->

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

GigaBowserG wrote:
g2vd wrote:Wait Showa Ghidorah is in this game? do you have a picture?
http://i.imgur.com/97fFIRi.png

He's a beaut. And ironically thicker than Heisei Ghidorah and Grand King Ghidorah. lol
Cool! thanks.
Godzilla

AWMGodzilla62
G-Force Personnel

Post by AWMGodzilla62 »

Zeruel wrote:
GigaBowserG wrote:
AWMGodzilla62 wrote:Has anyone here or other boards got a Showa King Ghidorah yet? I'm quite curious what his other powers are once he's awakened!
No idea. I've only ever encountered him once in the arena mode, and they never use special abilities there. It's kind of strange, none of the Ghidorahs so far have any Gravity Beam attacks, despite Heisei Ghidorah using them on one of the old skill promotional banners.
Typically, for monsters other than Godzilla, damaging skills like beams are the second awakened skill. Unfortunately, I haven't evolved any King Ghidorah variant to see if any had Gravity Beams to be sure, but Modified Gigan has Gigarium Cluster and adult Battra has Prism Beam, to name a couple examples.
I know from a friend Mecha King Ghidorah that's awakened that he has his gravity bolts as his third awakened skill. It only hits opponents of the color you're strong against. I'm sure Showa has them too, but I'm curious if Showa Ghidorah is unique though in that he can hit anyone. It looks like his first power strengthens all three team member regardless of their style, so maybe it carries over to all his awakened powers.

I wonder when we'll get a new Gacha, or well, anything new like an event stage? The Gotengo stage runs until the 28th, so I hope we are not going to be left with nothing else until then.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

AWMGodzilla62 wrote:I wonder when we'll get a new Gacha, or well, anything new like an event stage? The Gotengo stage runs until the 28th, so I hope we are not going to be left with nothing else until then.
I've heard, er... a few complaints about this from other Japanese players, to put it nicely. The lack of Twitter feedback and bloated event length has some antsy. Many of the heavy-hitters have been included already save for regular ol' Mothra Leo (Larva, Imago, Rainbow), so I'm very curious to see where they will go next.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

AWMGodzilla62
G-Force Personnel

Post by AWMGodzilla62 »

GigaBowserG wrote:
AWMGodzilla62 wrote:I wonder when we'll get a new Gacha, or well, anything new like an event stage? The Gotengo stage runs until the 28th, so I hope we are not going to be left with nothing else until then.
I've heard, er... a few complaints about this from other Japanese players, to put it nicely. The lack of Twitter feedback and bloated event length has some antsy. Many of the heavy-hitters have been included already save for regular ol' Mothra Leo (Larva, Imago, Rainbow), so I'm very curious to see where they will go next.
Being a game developer myself, I understand it takes time to develop content as far as new monsters go, although I'm very curious who will be next. I'm just surprised there's no new 450 opal pack, as that is less about content development and just simply offering what already exists in a new gacha, with maybe a higher 5 star monster rate, red Godzilla coin offers, or higher Showa Ghidorah chances.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

How do I get a Godzilla?
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

AWMGodzilla62
G-Force Personnel

Post by AWMGodzilla62 »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:How do I get a Godzilla?
You could keep restarting the game until your starter is a Godzilla. Another option is to save up to 450 opals and wait for a gacha that shows up that offers a red Godzilla gacha coin along with it. With those coins you're guaranteed to get one.

ゴジマン
G-Force Personnel

Post by ゴジマン »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:How do I get a Godzilla?
I just got a red Godzilla 2014 from the latest special coin event so if you try you might get a Godzilla.
Yes, Hatsune is my Waifu...
goji89 wrote:Shin Goji looks like he has a red apron on. Guess he's still cooking himself extra crispy. :lol: .

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

Every time I try to spend my 2 rainbow coins on the game, I can't. My friend code is 343423461 if you want to add me. I'm Anguirus (My name in the app).
Last edited by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 on Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

AWMGodzilla62
G-Force Personnel

Post by AWMGodzilla62 »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:Every time I try to spend my 2 rainbow coins on the game, I can't. My friend code is 343423461 if you want to add me.
You need to acquire 10 of those rainbow coins to get a monster from that gacha.

EDIT: There appears to be some kind of new notification. I don't know what it says though. Something going on 3/9 and 4/21.

Zeruel
Monsterland Worker

Post by Zeruel »

They're shutting down service. You can purchase G-Opals up until 3/9, and you can play until 4/21. I suppose you could call this their two-month notice instead of two-week notice. Been a year from start to finish...
<-- Asmodeus (Shin Megami Tensei IV) - designed by Yasushi Nirasawa - Gigan (Godzilla: Final Wars) -->

AWMGodzilla62
G-Force Personnel

Post by AWMGodzilla62 »

Zeruel wrote:They're shutting down service. You can purchase G-Opals up until 3/9, and you can play until 4/21. I suppose you could call this their two-month notice instead of two-week notice. Been a year from start to finish...
Well that sucks. I'd be nice of them to do one last patch to be able to play stages offline. Obviously couldn't do player vs player, but I'd be nice to still play with the monsters we have. Give us opals to collect more monsters and just enjoy the offline stages too.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Zeruel wrote:They're shutting down service. You can purchase G-Opals up until 3/9, and you can play until 4/21. I suppose you could call this their two-month notice instead of two-week notice. Been a year from start to finish...
aww, I guess it just wasn't making enough to get by. Has it really only been a year? That's pretty crazy. Was really hoping to see them do Shin Godzilla, too :( No wonder the last event is Final Wars
/crawls back under rock

ゴジマン
G-Force Personnel

Post by ゴジマン »

Well dang it... I loved this game. Now all I have left is that Hatsune Miku one and Minecraft
Yes, Hatsune is my Waifu...
goji89 wrote:Shin Goji looks like he has a red apron on. Guess he's still cooking himself extra crispy. :lol: .

AWMGodzilla62
G-Force Personnel

Post by AWMGodzilla62 »

GigaBowserG wrote: aww, I guess it just wasn't making enough to get by. Has it really only been a year? That's pretty crazy. Was really hoping to see them do Shin Godzilla, too :( No wonder the last event is Final Wars
I think this game could have made more money if the stuff you could buy wasn't so expensive and good Kaiju weren't so impossible to acquire. Lets look at the the opals in the store for example. 24 opals are $2.13... That can't even buy you a single gacha spin! My app Power Falls, which is a full video game app, can be purchased for $0.99! 24 opals which can't even give you a single gacha spin is double that?! Now the most expensive option, 900 opals for $60.22?! That's a full blown day one console video game price for just 2 spins on the 10 Kaiju Gacha! Mind you that unless there's some bonus attached like "guaranteed one purple or yellow monster", 99% of the monsters will be commons. As far as eggs go, at the very most you would get 48 eggs from those two gacha spins, no where close to getting to purchase a guaranteed good yellow or purple monster for 240 eggs. I see ZERO motivation to spend money on opals when everything is so random! If 450 opals were $0.99 or something reasonable like that, I probably would have bought some. Or even buy any monster of your choice for $0.99.

As for Shin Godzilla, he may not appear in Kaiju Collection, but I can say he will appear in a certain fan video game for sure ;)

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

AWMGodzilla62 wrote:I think this game could have made more money if the stuff you could buy wasn't so expensive and good Kaiju weren't so impossible to acquire. Lets look at the the opals in the store for example. 24 opals are $2.13... That can't even buy you a single gacha spin! My app Power Falls, which is a full video game app, can be purchased for $0.99! 24 opals which can't even give you a single gacha spin is double that?! Now the most expensive option, 900 opals for $60.22?! That's a full blown day one console video game price for just 2 spins on the 10 Kaiju Gacha! Mind you that unless there's some bonus attached like "guaranteed one purple or yellow monster", 99% of the monsters will be commons. As far as eggs go, at the very most you would get 48 eggs from those two gacha spins, no where close to getting to purchase a guaranteed good yellow or purple monster for 240 eggs. I see ZERO motivation to spend money on opals when everything is so random! If 450 opals were $0.99 or something reasonable like that, I probably would have bought some. Or even buy any monster of your choice for $0.99.
Yeah, those opal prices were absolutely ridiculous. I get that they were probably trying to cover licensing costs. Also willing to bet most people interested in the game were younger audiences who wouldn't be able to afford to roll with those prices. I was fine with how they handled events, but those store prices... Just too much.

Being able to purchase separate monsters would've been really cool. I'd've probably dished out a buck or three for the likes of Burning Godzilla or Eternal Mothra. The stronger the monster, the more it'll cost - throwing around $0.99 for something like Kamacuras, but $4.99 for Mecha-King Ghidorah. Maybe give a price to every monster, but have the color random...? Or make purple and golds higher than the red/blue/green ones. I dunno. Something could've been done there, I feel.
As for Shin Godzilla, he may not appear in Kaiju Collection, but I can say he will appear in a certain fan video game for sure ;)
That works :huge:
/crawls back under rock

AWMGodzilla62
G-Force Personnel

Post by AWMGodzilla62 »

GigaBowserG wrote: Yeah, those opal prices were absolutely ridiculous. I get that they were probably trying to cover licensing costs.
Probably the case. But I think they would have had an easier time covering the cost with lower priced items and having multiple sales. I know I would have thrown down $0.99 several times for a 10 Kaiju gacha pack. They would be way more likely to acquire $60 by getting multiple people to buy 10 pack gachas here and there then by trying to convince just one person to cough off $60 for 900 opals. Even if they did convince one person, I highly doubt they would do it again once they see how many monsters in the gacha are common. Once thing I've discovered venturing into the app development world is that people do not like to spend money as it is, and those prices were ridiculous with little reward.

One thing that surprised me that they could have made money off of was that there were no advertisements. I don't believe Toho would be against it since Godzilla Smash 3 had ads.

Oh well, I'm going to be sad to see this app go. I really wish they would release one last patch to play stages offline, but I know that's wishful thinking.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

On another note, managed to collect pictures for all 100+ of the monsters (colored vehicles included) :) Really looking forward to having those submitted for the main site. At the very least the art of these monsters will stay around for anyone who wanted to see them.
/crawls back under rock

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Oh, you are awesome. I was considering asking if anyone had pics of the monsters beyond the ones already posted. Glad to hear I'll get to see them.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."