Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

Post by Maritonic »

Damn, I didn't think it was *that* bad. Faulted, sure, but not THAT bad.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Don't you know? Okay is aweful nowdays.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

TheSecondComing wrote:WhatCulture recently named Godzilla #6 "Worst PS4 Games of the Decade (So Far)".

s://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqxhk63jfxs[/youtube]
Please don’t give this piece of shit channel any attention, views or ad revenue. They’re an abhorrent company.

No, I’m not mad about this, I don’t really like the game either but WhatCulture is a terrible awful channel that nobody in their right mind should watch.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

It’s been said time and time again this game appeals to the diehard fans. It’s a niche game and those generally don’t bode well with the general public.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Anyone mind giving suggestions as to improve this game?

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

LegendZilla wrote:Anyone mind giving suggestions as to improve this game?
Throw it away....... :lol: .

There really isn't anything you can do to improve it.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

-Being able to block.
-More mission variety.
-Make in game dialogue less repetitive.
-Larger maps.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

*Proper blocking without having to rely on roars.
*Larger movepools for all monsters not named Godzilla (Gigan especially)
*Remove G2014's ability to gain a huge increase in his Breath gauge from attacks.
*Much shorter emergency dodges for select monsters? Perhaps just make them moves that don't do a lot of damage in a single hit and are more for spacing, similarly to Rodan's.
*Vastly lower Burning Godzilla's Breath gauge charge, maybe make it like Heisei Godzilla's Spiral Breath.
*Allow any monster to be in any faction (ex. Mothra as an Invader, Biollante as a Defender).
*LOCAL MULTIPLAYER.

...Among other tweaks. These're just some of the ones that come to mind first.
Last edited by GigaBowserG on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

The ability to aim breath attacks. And that's it. I'm one of those diehard fans who consider the game near-perfect otherwise.
Last edited by G1985 on Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Panther10
JXSDF Technician

Post by Panther10 »

I would like to see more realistic physics when buildings blow up or when monsters get hit by beam attacks. Increased HP for opponents in single player mode. Maybe there should also be a kind of tiered attack mechanic for certain monsters that have the ability to change their base weapon type or the ability to metamorphosis during the heat of battle. Like for instance, every monster has a "special" mana bar and the higher the bar is filled means that now players can toggle this special ability on and off. So for instance, Godzilla can switch from his standard atomic breath to the red spiral beam, has increased durability and healing, and it can even double his growth rate for a short period of time. All of these abilities can turn the tide of battle even when facing against a superior foe

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Post by Red-Death Gigan »

An Xbox One release would've been nice...
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Post by Red-Death Gigan »

Only having an Xbox One, I have never gotten to play this game. I have seen numerous YouTube videos, and it looks like a lot of fun... repetitive, but fun. Looks to me like "Hollywood" Godzilla 2014 is the strongest in this game. This game has the ONLY version of Rodan that I've ever been excited to play as (both looks & move set). I wish they'd come out with an updated/polished-up version for Xbox One, PS4, & Switch. It would sell really well around when the new Godzilla movie comes out next year!
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Add a block ability for the love of god, and significantly decrease the build up of special attacks. That way there isnt as much G14 tail spam. Also make multiplayer a 4 player free for all instead of 3. More often than not one person is always going to get ganged up on by the other two.

I'll take the above over better graphics and building physics as the above make the multiplayer almost unplayable. More often than not you'll run into LPGs, Burning Godzillas and Biollantes who will special spam you to death in seconds.
Last edited by Breakdown on Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Breakdown wrote:Add a block ability for the love of god, and significantly decrease the build up of special attacks. That way there isnt as much G14 tail spam. Also make multiplayer a 4 player free for all instead of 3. More often than not one person is always going to get ganged up on by the other two.

I'll take the above over better graphics and building physics as the above make the multiplayer almost unplayable. More often than not you'll run into LPGs, Burning Godzillas and Biollantes who will special spam you to death in seconds.
Im goji89 and I approve this post.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Ya know I've always felt like the roster for this game was missing something, but I've never quite been able to put my finger on what. But last night I realized what it was. Titanosaurus.

I just feel like Titanosaurus would be such a fun addition to this game. And he needs more love. GIVE MY BOY MORE LOVE HE DESERVES IT!
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Dr. Professor wrote:Ya know I've always felt like the roster for this game was missing something, but I've never quite been able to put my finger on what. But last night I realized what it was. Titanosaurus.

I just feel like Titanosaurus would be such a fun addition to this game. And he needs more love. GIVE MY BOY MORE LOVE HE DESERVES IT!
Good god, you're right! Titanosaurus would be a spectacular addition to the roster. I can imagine it now - destroying locations as Titano, using the tail fan, fighting Gigan or someone like that. Would be so cool.
Resized Image

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

I hope they make a sequel. I hope it is a mixture like destroying buildings and a better fighting mechanics. Also expand the roster add more characters like. Titanosaurus, Megalon, Baragon, Varan, Gorgosaurus, and maybe even obscure ones like Ebirah, Manda, Zilla, Koumnga, Kamakrus, and orga. I also want diffrent skins for godzilla like Godzilla 2000, Gmk, Kiryugoji, and even shin godzilla. Also moves for godzilla like His Famous tail slide kick, or his body slam. I am hoping in the future they make a sequel to this game for other consoles like the xbox or ninteno console.
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

SuperPawnageGigan wrote:I hope they make a sequel. I hope it is a mixture like destroying buildings and a better fighting mechanics. Also expand the roster add more characters like. Titanosaurus, Megalon, Baragon, Varan, Gorgosaurus, and maybe even obscure ones like Ebirah, Manda, Zilla, Koumnga, Kamakrus, and orga. I also want diffrent skins for godzilla like Godzilla 2000, Gmk, Kiryugoji, and even shin godzilla. Also moves for godzilla like His Famous tail slide kick, or his body slam. I am hoping in the future they make a sequel to this game for other consoles like the xbox or ninteno console.
Considering how hated this game is, and how quickly developers just dropped it and left, a sequel is very unlikely.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Maritonic wrote:Considering how hated this game is, and how quickly developers just dropped it and left, a sequel is very unlikely.
While the negative reception in the West is mostly to blame for why DLC was never pursued, I believe the contract between Toho and Legendary/WB has been the biggest factor for why we never saw a follow-up of some kind, and why Godzilla's been relegated to video game collaborations (City Shrouded in Shadow, Eternal Linkage, Monster Strike, etc.). Once 2020+ hits, we'll probably see more G games coming from Japan again.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Which monsters did you find the best for clearing stages?

For me personally Ghidorah was number one, his flying gravity beams decimated large chunks of the map in a single pass. His move set was also great for speeding through generators.

Rodan was second as, while he didn't have anywhere near the mass destruction ability of Ghidorah, his dive bomb was a one hit kill on the generators and he was by far one of the fastest monsters in the game.

Destroyah was also good thanks to his beam automatically sweeping in arcs and lines allowing for better control and more destruction.

Worst was by far Battra, stupide git couldn't hit the broad side of Mt. Fuji.