Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Re: Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

Post by the-killer-wc »

After so many years, i finally got this for the ps4, today is in offer for 17 dollars. Had a 20 psn card with its name on it xD Downloading and waiting.

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

I started playing this today. I got it a while ago and tried it.. I guess I wasn't thrilled with the controls and game modes so it was short lived and therefore banished to the back of the cabinet next to a plethora of Barney vhs's and my wife's home movies... however... my PS4 library is still small so I gave it a second chance.. playing GoD mode today I was thoroughly enjoying it now that I have a grasp on combos and dodging etc.. DAMM and STE were ok.. and I know they are very popular but it never gave me the feeling I was a towering Kaiju. I much prefer the slow lumbering speed.. though it is a bit of a nuisance when facing off against the super x's/gotengo. This takes a more serious approach and I love it. Some of the sfx really made me feel like I was watching an old heisei film. That and they did my favorite Kaiju Showa MG/MG2 justice. My favorite Kaiju and I never played him in unleashed.. his moveset was just silly to me and he looked terrible.. he's my favorite overall character right now granted I haven't played with them all yet... and.. not gonna lie. I thoroughly enjoyed kicking Kiryu's ass with the OG. "You're mistaken if you think your powers are a match for Mechagodzilla."

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

Panther10
JXSDF Technician

Post by Panther10 »

I love playing as Biollante in this game. Her range attacks are absolutely devastating thanks to her flailing vines and immense girth. She is the only monster that I have been able to play as at Lvl. 1 50cm and be able to beat someone like a 100m tall Battra larvae or Destroyah. And once you level her up completely and make her grow to 100m she's just unstoppable.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Panther10 wrote:I love playing as Biollante in this game. Her range attacks are absolutely devastating thanks to her flailing vines and immense girth. She is the only monster that I have been able to play as at Lvl. 1 50cm and be able to beat someone like a 100m tall Battra larvae or Destroyah. And once you level her up completely and make her grow to 100m she's just unstoppable.
Because she's the most broken kaiju in the game. I'm not alone when I say that. I've seen tons of people complain about Biollante, and I agree with them.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Panther10
JXSDF Technician

Post by Panther10 »

Kaijunator wrote:
Panther10 wrote:I love playing as Biollante in this game. Her range attacks are absolutely devastating thanks to her flailing vines and immense girth. She is the only monster that I have been able to play as at Lvl. 1 50cm and be able to beat someone like a 100m tall Battra larvae or Destroyah. And once you level her up completely and make her grow to 100m she's just unstoppable.
Because she's the most broken kaiju in the game. I'm not alone when I say that. I've seen tons of people complain about Biollante, and I agree with them.

Meh...I'm not about to complain. I mean considering how many times I used to die inside of 15 seconds when facing off against a 100m tall monster while I'm in the first or second stage in hard mode while experimenting with other monsters. (Not 10 minutes after I've even began playing, mind you) You ask me, that is the part of the game that's broken. I mean really, how exactly is it fair for a novice player to have to face off against one of the hardest bosses in the game before you've even had a chance to level up you're monster and unlock new combos?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Ive defeated 100m monsters as a leveled up 50m Godzilla. Just jump around a lot; and try to dodge attacks and fire atomic breath. So rewarding once you win. Heck, one time I managed to defeat a 90m Destoroyah as Godzilla 1964.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Panther10 wrote:
Kaijunator wrote:

Meh...I'm not about to complain. I mean considering how many times I used to die inside of 15 seconds when facing off against a 100m tall monster while I'm in the first or second stage in hard mode while experimenting with other monsters. (Not 10 minutes after I've even began playing, mind you) You ask me, that is the part of the game that's broken. I mean really, how exactly is it fair for a novice player to have to face off against one of the hardest bosses in the game before you've even had a chance to level up you're monster and unlock new combos?
Do what MechaGoji Bro7503 said. Don't stay up close, especially with Destoroyah. He is a beast when it comes to melee. I've defeated 100m kaiju before as a 50-60m one multiple times using that tactic. If Biollante or Kiryu appeared often as the 100m kaiju, then you could say that it's broken, as those are the two most OP kaiju (Bio has her strength and reach while Kiryu doesn't suffer knockbacks on attacks).
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

Does anyone wish they had used showa gigan as opposed to FW? I dunno.. at least I would have rather him had his traditional claws and not the upgraded chainsaws. Would not have minded Megalon either.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

I'm honestly still stunned that Megalon and at least one of the MUTOs weren't in this game.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:I'm honestly still stunned that Megalon and at least one of the MUTOs weren't in this game.
The Japanese HATE gaijin monster
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:I'm honestly still stunned that Megalon and at least one of the MUTOs weren't in this game.
While Showa MG is my favorite Kaiju.. I don't think we needed 1 and 2. That space could have been Megalon. Given his ability for flight and burrowing it would have made for a unique skill set.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Stevo_1985 wrote:Does anyone wish they had used showa gigan as opposed to FW? I dunno.. at least I would have rather him had his traditional claws and not the upgraded chainsaws. Would not have minded Megalon either.
Nope. Chainsaw Gigan looks fiercer than the normal Gigans.

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

Kaijunator wrote: Nope. Chainsaw Gigan looks fiercer than the normal Gigans.
Well maybe I'm just partial to the Showa series. FW left a sour feeling in my stomach. Not that I don't like the redesign but the chainsaws are a bit much IMO.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Stevo_1985 wrote:
Kaijunator wrote: Nope. Chainsaw Gigan looks fiercer than the normal Gigans.
Well maybe I'm just partial to the Showa series. FW left a sour feeling in my stomach. Not that I don't like the redesign but the chainsaws are a bit much IMO.
FW had some good things about it. Chainsaw Gigan was one of them. Also the Japanese today are probably more familiar with the FW design than the Showa design.

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

Kaijunator wrote: FW had some good things about it. Chainsaw Gigan was one of them. Also the Japanese today are probably more familiar with the FW design than the Showa design.
Meh.. the only thing I slightly enjoyed in the film was the original gotengo duking it out with Godzilla. I hated the redesign of that.. and unfortunately that model made it into this game.

Playing this a lot recently.. is it me or are the mothra and battra larvae real mothers to fight against.. that and just a rant but I wish they played jet jags theme when playing as him..

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

Kinggoji1962
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kinggoji1962 »

I love playing as super mechagodzilla, I feel like a huge tank that can take out any kaiju.

Added in 8 minutes 50 seconds:
Do I need any upgrades in evolution mode when I try to fight destroyah as 100m burning godzilla? I'm really early in the game and haven't got any upgrades.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Kinggoji1962 wrote:Do I need any upgrades in evolution mode when I try to fight destroyah as 100m burning godzilla? I'm really early in the game and haven't got any upgrades.
Yes. Destoroyah is a BEAST with melee. He will spam his melee attacks until you die.

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Panther10
JXSDF Technician

Post by Panther10 »

Kaijunator wrote:
Kinggoji1962 wrote:Do I need any upgrades in evolution mode when I try to fight destroyah as 100m burning godzilla? I'm really early in the game and haven't got any upgrades.
Yes. Destoroyah is a BEAST with melee. He will spam his melee attacks until you die.
The good news is once you level up Burning Godzilla completely, Destroyah is a synch. BG's red spiral ray is pretty strong. Especially if you taunt before you fire the ray.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

the-killer-wc wrote:After so many years, i finally got this for the ps4, today is in offer for 17 dollars. Had a 20 psn card with its name on it xD Downloading and waiting.
A year and a half? :)

What did you think of the game?
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

Kinggoji1962 wrote: Do I need any upgrades in evolution mode when I try to fight destroyah as 100m burning godzilla? I'm really early in the game and haven't got any upgrades.
I was just playing it today. You can do it without upgrades. I found i just keep him spaced and beam spam. But upgrading the charge gauge helps.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla