Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Re: Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

Post by UltimateDitto »

Obviously it won't be like the pipeworks games, but a fun fighting game with a ton of content and a hearty roster sounds lovely. :)
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

Is Rodan broken? I did my first play through with him the other night. I was astonished at how easily I swept through everyone.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Stevo_1985 wrote:Is Rodan broken? I did my first play through with him the other night. I was astonished at how easily I swept through everyone.
If anything, he's one of the weakest on the roster. While great against computer opponents and one of the best city destroyers, against human players, you'll see his glaring weaknesses much more easily. He lacks super armor during his roar attacks (his Sonic Ram rush attack & overhead Swooping Shockwave), and his R2 Area Shockwave has an incredibly short super armor duration. You'll end up using multiple of that move against a rushing Biollante just so you don't get destroyed!
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

UltimateDitto wrote:Obviously it won't be like the pipeworks games, but a fun fighting game with a ton of content and a hearty roster sounds lovely. :)
Boy, that'd be an awesome treat.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

So I've been playing through this game for a long time now, it's not really very good but you'll have more fun if you upgrade the monsters.

But I've always been curious about the "X will arrive in 30 seconds" prompt, because it seems like it really isn't thirty seconds.

So, I timed it. It's twenty seconds between when that message pops up and when the cutscene/cutaway begins.

This game literally cheats. :lol:

Panther10
JXSDF Technician

Post by Panther10 »

UltramanGoji wrote:So I've been playing through this game for a long time now, it's not really very good but you'll have more fun if you upgrade the monsters.

But I've always been curious about the "X will arrive in 30 seconds" prompt, because it seems like it really isn't thirty seconds.

So, I timed it. It's twenty seconds between when that message pops up and when the cutscene/cutaway begins.

This game literally cheats. :lol:

Thank you for your contribution! We've known all of this since late 2014.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Panther10 wrote: Thank you for your contribution! We've known all of this since late 2014.
And people wonder why others rag on TK all the time. :roll:

Panther10
JXSDF Technician

Post by Panther10 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Panther10 wrote: Thank you for your contribution! We've known all of this since late 2014.
And people wonder why others rag on TK all the time. :roll:

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Piss off kid.

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

Panther10 wrote:Thank you for your contribution! We've known all of this since late 2014.
He’s contributed more to this topic than you have.

Panther10
JXSDF Technician

Post by Panther10 »

Oh please, It was one little joke. And just because I haven't talked about the game all that much doesn't mean I'm not a gamer. I've owned the game and have played it as much as you guys have. And lets be honest, that whole "Leveling up your character will make you stronger" was a real 'captain obvious' kind of moment. Who among us would really be able to pass up the chance to poke fun at something like that?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Panther10 wrote:Oh please, It was one little joke. And just because I haven't talked about the game all that much doesn't mean I'm not a gamer. I've owned the game and have played it as much as you guys have. And lets be honest, that whole "Leveling up your character will make you stronger" was a real 'captain obvious' kind of moment. Who among us would really be able to pass up the chance to poke fun at something like that?
There is zero indication in your post that you are replying to the leveling up thing. There are two separate points in the post and I think it would've saved you a lot of face to just remove the unnecessary shit. But, to be honest, it didn't really bother me too much and I actually completely forgot about it until now.

I agree, it is an obvious thing to say. I should probably expand upon it.

The base game (i.e. no upgrades at all) is terrible. The reaction time between moves is atrocious and most of the time you'll be combolocked by the AI. I'm not exactly the best gamer on the planet, but I know some cheap bullshit when I see it. Both moths are extremely guilty of this and fighting Battra Imago is a nightmare.

Not to mention the lack of a block button which is a glaring and unacceptable oversight. The roar mechanic is terrible because the AI is cheap enough to catch you as your character is rearing their head back before the roar happens, meaning the only surefire way to get out of something is to waste your energy with a Roman cancel.

And of course, the fact that destroying the city is a punishment, which I will never understand Godzilla game developers' fascination with. The only way to progress in the game is to level up your meter/power level, and to do that you have to attack the city. But the game punishes you for doing that. The disaster level should not exist. At all. If anything, it should be an optional difficulty setting. And of course,THE MILITARY SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO HARM GODZILLA WITHOUT THE AID OF A SUPERWEAPON.

Like I said, I might just be really bad at this game, but it's extremely frustrating and mind-numbing to grind with. I hope the next game (if there even is one...) is back to the 3D (hell, even 2D) fighting games because a Godzilla Generations-type game just doesn't work.

Now I know these criticisms have been brought up before, but there's 100+ pages to this topic and there's absolutely nothing wrong with talking about things already talked about. There's also no need to respond to my beating of the dead horse either. Let me scream into nothingness, I don't mind!
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

UltramanGoji wrote: THE MILITARY SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO HARM GODZILLA WITHOUT THE AID OF A SUPERWEAPON.
This so much. A freaking battleship killed me as Burning Godzilla. I’m being serious. One of the strongest versions of Godzilla died to a round from a single human battleship.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Here's to hoping for a third Godzilla game to be announced soon! :D
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

I ♡ Image

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

"Third"? What do you consider the second?
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Kinggoji1962
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kinggoji1962 »

Goji wrote:"Third"? What do you consider the second?
City Shrouded in Shadow

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

I suppose that counts..kinda.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Goji wrote:"Third"? What do you consider the second?
Godzilla VS, although it's more of a deluxe edition of Godzilla. :D

I ♡ Image

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

It's definitely just an updated version of an existing game, but if somebody told me "I consider it it's own thing", I wouldn't care enough to argue that it isn't.

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Post by TheSecondComing »

WhatCulture recently named Godzilla #6 "Worst PS4 Games of the Decade (So Far)".