Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
User avatar
Maritonic
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5449
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: UberRichNewYork

Re: Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

Postby Maritonic » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:57 am

Zarm wrote:Are there any redeeming features? I was excited because we might have access to playing PS3 games, finally, and the intro cinematics for this one on youtube, at least, had me pumped. But I've heard nothing except how horrible it is...


It feels like you're playing a Godzilla movie. It's fun at first, but the controls and repeating the same thing over and over wear you down. I pop it in every now and then and enjoy it, but it doesn't hold up like the Pipeworks games. Worth playing at least once, though.
Resized Image

All Hope Is Gone.

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

Online
User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 13138
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

Postby UltramanGoji » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:09 am

Zarm wrote:Are there any redeeming features? I was excited because we might have access to playing PS3 games, finally, and the intro cinematics for this one on youtube, at least, had me pumped. But I've heard nothing except how horrible it is...


PS3-wise? No, not at all. All the additional content (such as playing as other monsters) is only on the PS4 version. PS3 is a straight-up, Godzilla-only game. Not terrible but very repetitive and unfun on higher difficulties until you grind through and level up Godzilla.
Image

User avatar
goji89
Keizer
Posts: 9579
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

Postby goji89 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:12 am

UltramanGoji wrote:
Zarm wrote:Are there any redeeming features? I was excited because we might have access to playing PS3 games, finally, and the intro cinematics for this one on youtube, at least, had me pumped. But I've heard nothing except how horrible it is...


PS3-wise? No, not at all. All the additional content (such as playing as other monsters) is only on the PS4 version. PS3 is a straight-up, Godzilla-only game. Not terrible but very repetitive and unfun on higher difficulties until you grind through and level up Godzilla.


Well, well well. Looks like we agree on something again. Im 100% with the repetitive missions. Yup.

User avatar
Godzilla21
Keizer
Posts: 7176
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:39 pm

Re: Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

Postby Godzilla21 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:29 am

So this game has been sitting on my shelf for a year now and decided to dust it off the other day. It's good and fun for the first 30 minutes or so but gets repetitive real fast. I then played RDR2 and after 9 hours I still felt I hadn't made any dent in the game. It's that good.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

User avatar
Maritonic
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5449
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: UberRichNewYork

Re: Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

Postby Maritonic » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:38 am

Godzilla21 wrote:So this game has been sitting on my shelf for a year now and decided to dust it off the other day. It's good and fun for the first 30 minutes or so but gets repetitive real fast. I then played RDR2 and after 9 hours I still felt I hadn't made any dent in the game. It's that good.


100% this.
Resized Image

All Hope Is Gone.

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

User avatar
goji89
Keizer
Posts: 9579
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

Postby goji89 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:06 am

Godzilla21 wrote: I then played RDR2.


Its R2D2 G21....... :roll: Know your damn Star Trek.

User avatar
LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5306
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: Slocan Park, British Colombia, Canada

Re: Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

Postby LegendZilla » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:16 pm

What other objectives could’be they added to improve?
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5234
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:35 pm

They could've had an objective where you have to fly a kite.

Also, why the skreeonk wasn't Giant Dr. Serizawa in this game?????? If they added some goofy characters it would've been a lot funner.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

User avatar
Maritonic
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5449
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: UberRichNewYork

Re: Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

Postby Maritonic » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:36 pm

They could have made it so Super X and Super X II do NOT attack you at the same time? That would be a real pleasure.
Resized Image

All Hope Is Gone.

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

User avatar
cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff
Posts: 1113
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:55 am

Re: Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

Postby cloverfan98 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:54 pm

The controls are the BIGGEST issue with the game for me. It's an accurate simulation of how Godzilla acts in the films but it doesn't translate into good GAME PLAY. Really makes me appreciate the work that Pipeworks did to make all those kaiju fun to play in their games. Other than that I do find the presentation of this game to be AMAZING. The graphics and large monster cast are really impressive.

User avatar
Maritonic
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5449
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: UberRichNewYork

Re: Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

Postby Maritonic » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:57 pm

cloverfan98 wrote:The controls are the BIGGEST issue with the game for me. It's an accurate simulation of how Godzilla acts in the films but it doesn't translate into good GAME PLAY. Really makes me appreciate the work that Pipeworks did to make all those kaiju fun to play in their games. Other than that I do find the presentation of this game to be AMAZING. The graphics and large monster cast are really impressive.


I definitely agree. Though I question some of the roster; why the larva need to be two separate characters, unable to transform. Why we need both Mechagodzilla and Mechagodzilla II. All those spots could have been used for other kaiju.

But yeah; graphics are a lot of fun, and I'll always be championing they're use of the '56 Rodan design.
Resized Image

All Hope Is Gone.

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

User avatar
SG-17
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:40 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

Postby SG-17 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:40 pm

I hope we get a sequel to this next year for KotM. Maybe with gameplay somewhere between the 2015 game and the Pipeworks games.

User avatar
GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer
Posts: 8510
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:11 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:25 pm

SG-17 wrote:I hope we get a sequel to this next year for KotM. Maybe with gameplay somewhere between the 2015 game and the Pipeworks games.

Sadly most likely not gonna happen. Especially given the bad reviews it got.

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
Futurian
Posts: 1555
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:48 pm

They can't make the sequel. It'd break the universe. :lol:

Added in 2 minutes 26 seconds:
Just realized you guys don't know the joke. I heard (it may be wrong) the main devolper confirmed his plan for a sequel would be a updated remake of Super Godzilla with Godzilla 2002. Including a fight with Bagin. Which is why we'll never get a sequel: because Batan can't be in anything!
Image

#MinillaForSmash2018

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

User avatar
Living Corpse
Keizer
Posts: 8585
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

Postby Living Corpse » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:09 pm

-Actually give us a chance to invade a military/alien base and break in the hanger storing a mech like the Super-X or Mechagodzilla and destroy them before they can be activated.

- On that same token invade a base and destroy several masers/UFOs to lessen the amount that may come at you in a later stage.

-Give us the option to destroy a mind control device so Gigan and King Ghidorah end up attacking alien weapons and not just you.
Image

User avatar
UltimateDitto
Futurian
Posts: 1683
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

Postby UltimateDitto » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:32 pm

Living Corpse wrote:-Actually give us a chance to invade a military/alien base and break in the hanger storing a mech like the Super-X or Mechagodzilla and destroy them before they can be activated.

- On that same token invade a base and destroy several masers/UFOs to lessen the amount that may come at you in a later stage.

-Give us the option to destroy a mind control device so Gigan and King Ghidorah end up attacking alien weapons and not just you.

I actually would love to gun down some black hole ape men!
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Online
User avatar
TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller
Posts: 1984
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:25 am

Living Corpse wrote:-Actually give us a chance to invade a military/alien base and break in the hanger storing a mech like the Super-X or Mechagodzilla and destroy them before they can be activated.

- On that same token invade a base and destroy several masers/UFOs to lessen the amount that may come at you in a later stage.

-Give us the option to destroy a mind control device so Gigan and King Ghidorah end up attacking alien weapons and not just you.


- An actual option to act as a good or bad monster regardless of what character you played as instead of just choosing a good monster or a bad monster. For all it's failures, this is one thing Godzilla: Unleashed got right.

- More Toho-centric locations would've been nice, like Monster Island, Infant Island, Children's Land, Planet X, Mt. Fuji, etc.

- Perhaps some sort of "follow Miki's telepathic signals to the destination" mission.

- An option to ally with a monster against another monster would've been nice too.

- On a similar note, up the chances of a multi=monster fight. It's been a while since I played the game, but I think the likelihood of a three-way monster battle is only, what? Once per play through?
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

User avatar
Dr. Professor
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3479
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:37 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

Postby Dr. Professor » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:18 pm

Look this is gonna sound immature, but I'm just gonna say it. GODZILLA 1964 LOOK LIKE HE GOT A BUNCH OF GOD DAMN DOOKIE ALL OVER HIS BACK KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN?
Resized Image

User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5234
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:35 pm

Dr. Professor wrote:Look this is gonna sound immature, but I'm just gonna say it. GODZILLA 1964 LOOK LIKE HE GOT A BUNCH OF GOD DAMN DOOKIE ALL OVER HIS BACK KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN?

I FEEL YA I FEEL YA
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

User avatar
Dr. Professor
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3479
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:37 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

Postby Dr. Professor » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:40 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:Look this is gonna sound immature, but I'm just gonna say it. GODZILLA 1964 LOOK LIKE HE GOT A BUNCH OF GOD DAMN DOOKIE ALL OVER HIS BACK KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN?

I FEEL YA I FEEL YA

HELL YEAH BROTHER I KNEW YOU WOULD.
Resized Image


Return to “Toho Video Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests