Godzilla DAMM Unused Stages

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
TheEmeraldElf
Ronin

Godzilla DAMM Unused Stages

Post by TheEmeraldElf »

Great Caesar's Ghost, I've got a question regarding the unused stages in Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee. Is it possible to access them with an Action replay code? The site has pictures of the stages in question, I'm wondering how they managed to access the stages. Any information at all would be great, thanks. :D

P.S. Here is the page in question... http://tohokingdom.com/vg/gdamm/environ ... tml#unused
That's a lot of fish...

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Re: Godzilla DAMM Unused Stages

Post by The Godzilla King »

Interesting, probably requires hex editing or replacing game files. I doubt any code can do that.

I'll try this later on, if I can get Biollante, I can probably get the stages.

TheEmeraldElf
Ronin

Post by TheEmeraldElf »

Cool, thanks for the help. I didn't know you could get Biollante in DAMM, makes me wonder what the PS2 version would've been like. I remember seeing somewhere that a PS2 version was planned and was going to have Baragon as an exclusive character. God, I miss the good old days with Godzilla...

I know this doesn't relate to "this" topic, but does anyone think it's possible to insert new monsters in a game like Godzilla Unleashed similar to the way Super Smash Bros Brawl adds custom characters?

Imagine it, King Kong vs Gamera vs Clover... A kid can dream...
That's a lot of fish...

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

No, I got Biollante in STE actually.

I'm not sure how you add custom characters to SSBB, but it probably wouldn't work unless someone figures out how to create models, animations, and somehow replace a character with them. I have, however, replaced skin textures to create the 2002 Godzilla in GU.

TheEmeraldElf
Ronin

Post by TheEmeraldElf »

Really?! That's pretty cool, we need a new console Godzilla game to coincide with the release of Godzilla 2014, it's been far too long. Godzilla on PS4/Xbox One with online.... Oh My God....zilla.
That's a lot of fish...

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

A lot of this talk (including the GU reskins) require softmodding your Nintendo Wii. Dumping files, some edits here and there, or using certain homebrew apps.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

TheEmeraldElf
Ronin

Post by TheEmeraldElf »

Yeah, I figured, be cool though. I might look into it...somehow...

Thanks for the info...
That's a lot of fish...

Jiragozira14
Interpol Agent

Post by Jiragozira14 »

In reply to the G:U thing; it's possible, but I don't know if it could go beyond reskins or model swaps, unless we get our hands on the development engine (which is highly unlikely at this point).

And the unused arenas are...boring. XD But seeing as they're generic testing stages, I get why that's the case. But yeah, it's likely you could get into the functional one with an AR. The non-functional ones..well, they crash the game. XD
Chris55 wrote:
JVM wrote:Bagan should come back, but not in a movie.
Then how? Game? Books? His own line of condoms?
Shigeru Miyamoto wrote:So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well.
Mr. X wrote:If you say so. If he does end up being under $140, I'll buy one for every person in this thread.

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

I've been messing with the files of the game, I couldn't get the stages to work, it'd crash the game. However, I did find out that the Super X 3 was supposed to be in the game.

I'm trying one last time through the City Select text file.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

The Godzilla King wrote:I've been messing with the files of the game, I couldn't get the stages to work, it'd crash the game. However, I did find out that the Super X 3 was supposed to be in the game.

I'm trying one last time through the City Select text file.
woah cool!
Resized Image

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

The Godzilla King wrote:I've been messing with the files of the game, I couldn't get the stages to work, it'd crash the game. However, I did find out that the Super X 3 was supposed to be in the game.
I guess that isn't too surprising, seeing how it appeared in the following game Save the Earth. Somehow missed it in there, though...

Edit, what do you know, SUPERX3 AI :o Very cool.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Mr. Strange
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Strange »

TheEmeraldElf wrote:Great Caesar's Ghost, I've got a question regarding the unused stages in Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee. Is it possible to access them with an Action replay code? The site has pictures of the stages in question, I'm wondering how they managed to access the stages. Any information at all would be great, thanks. :D

P.S. Here is the page in question... http://tohokingdom.com/vg/gdamm/environ ... tml#unused
No, you cannot access them with an Action Replay Code.

The only one of those actually used or built was the Test_City - where we set building height limits for which buildings could be walked through, which picked up, etc. The rest aren't really levels - just words or practice files. No art or development time was spent on any of them - it's the programming equivalent of putting "Hello, World" on the screen.

TheEmeraldElf
Ronin

Post by TheEmeraldElf »

WOW! SuperX3 is in this game?! Good work finding that... Wonder what else is in this game.....Wonder if MechaGodzilla 3 has any data on the US Gamecube Disc...
That's a lot of fish...

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

TheEmeraldElf wrote:WOW! SuperX3 is in this game?! Good work finding that... Wonder what else is in this game.....Wonder if MechaGodzilla 3 has any data on the US Gamecube Disc...
Nope; Kiryu was created quite a while after the release of the US version. Can't remember the dates, but there was a pretty big span of time between the US release and the Japanese release. There's data of MG2 on the Japanese version, though.
/crawls back under rock

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

I wonder if someone could take Kiryu's files out of the Japanese files and replace some kaiju like MG2 in the US version. I'd test this but I don't have the Japanese version.

Everything I've done so far excluding Texture mods crashes the game.