Which Game had the Best Story

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Which Game had the Best Story

Post by Beef Bigshot »

So ya, which game do you think had the best story/plot. dont forget to factor in the experience as you play threw the game and the plot develops.

im going to cash my vote in for G:MOM. this game has the traditional, aliens invade blow shit up plot as some of the later games. the thing that makes this game special for me is the "Quest" involved in going to fight ghidorah and defeat the aliens. its cool to go and destroy all the alien forces on all the planets then finally beat them on planet X. the end message really gives you a sense of accomplishment.

what games stories did you guys like
Resized Image

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Re: Which Game had the Best Story

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

Yeah, until you run in to hell demons who taunt you with memories of your dead girlfriend and chase you through fellish landscapes. :twisted:
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Considering Godzilla Unleashed was the only game that had an actual, in depth plot even though it wasn't a good one... I pick it.

#BotM

Godz
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godz »

I'd actually go with Monster of Monsters over GU for plot. Made more sense and felt more like a Godzilla movie!
SAVE_US.GDZ

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

"Various monsters that Godzilla had previously defeated, have kidnapped his son, Minilla, and hidden him somewhere inside the Labyrinth of Matrix. It is up to Godzilla to fight the monsters' attacks and solve their many puzzles, all while navigating a much larger maze."

Reminds me of a few recent tv shows and blockbuster films.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Living Corpse wrote:Super Godzilla. Best plot, felt like an actual movie with a progressing story with plot twists invloving G and Ghidorah cells.

If only the game play was as stellar.
This. It's not something you really think about, as most people are focused on progressing to the next monster battle & receiving upgrades due to plot... but it was certainly interesting. The human characters felt like they were ripped from the Japanese G movies, and to this day, the aliens still have me wondering who they are/what they are named, and where they originate.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

Godzilla 2.

Seriously, that game IS fun if you're in the right mood.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

what, to be frustrated?? ive never been able to "work" it correctly which is annoying.
Super Godzilla. Best plot, felt like an actual movie with a progressing story with plot twists invloving G and Ghidorah cells.
you know, i honestly forgot about this one. i do have to say it was actually really interesting as the aliens sorta had a "create the ultimate monster" thing goin. its only true downside is the gameplay. if they had gone with more of a GMOM feel, then it would have been better and easily my favorite game.

sadly this isnt so :(
Resized Image

MrGameguy
EDF Instructor

Post by MrGameguy »

Probably Super Godzilla for reasons stated above.
It felt like a Godzilla movie.
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Living Corpse wrote:
TourettesGigan wrote:Probably Super Godzilla for reasons stated above.
It felt like a Godzilla movie.
Now if only the gameplay didn't. I'm stuck half the time not doing anything but watching. :P
lol, i remember the day i sat down and told myself that i was gonna beat the game. took me like an hour or an hour and a half so it wasnt to long, still, bagan........
Resized Image

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

Honestly, none of the games had very good stories; I came for the monsters and gameplay, not plot.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Super Godzilla's gameplay was awkward and frustrating, but the artwork was cool and it's the only Godzilla game I've played with an actual coherent plot. (I've never played G:U...) Super Godzilla is the closest any of the Godzilla games ever got to feeling like an interactive version of a Godzilla movie. Actually, now I'm feeling the urge to play it...I haven't touched that game in a decade...

TheMariobros17
Interpol Agent

Post by TheMariobros17 »

Space Hunter M wrote:http://i.imgur.com/AFdkI6h.png
Godzilla 2.

honestly i don't think that game is fun at all no matter which mood your in it has bad music frustrating gameplay that depends on a slot machiene and the enemy keeps regenerating health you don't and to top it all off you don't even get to play as the monsters your the military. it is an insult to the first game. :mad: i'm sorry but that is just my opinion
I maybe called TheMariobros17 on here but I am now known as everywhere else, Super Mariozilla!
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCbn_ ... 426S5Y90NA
Resized Image

VideoGameFan1526
Young Farmer

Post by VideoGameFan1526 »

Godzilla Unleashed

Jiragozira14
Interpol Agent

Post by Jiragozira14 »

Honestly, I'd say Unleashed has the most in-depth story. If that story is good, though, is up for debate; though I really don't like the way Story Mode essentially railroads you into that faction's ending; like if you play as Titanosaurus and get 100% with ED and GDF relations and 0 with Alien and Mutant relations...you still get shoved into the Tyrant ending.

If the game had numerous outcomes for different monsters and all the different alliances one can have in that Story Mode, I would have eaten Story Mode up. But I pretty much never touch it anymore.

So I guess I'll say Destroy All Monsters Melee had the most Godzilla-esque story, but Unleashed could have surpassed it if there was more of the story besides the railroad, barebones endings.
Chris55 wrote:
JVM wrote:Bagan should come back, but not in a movie.
Then how? Game? Books? His own line of condoms?
Shigeru Miyamoto wrote:So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well.
Mr. X wrote:If you say so. If he does end up being under $140, I'll buy one for every person in this thread.