Mods for the Godzilla fighting games

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Re: Mods for the Godzilla fighting games

Post by AllosaurHell »

Sadly the game engine used for the Pipeworks trilogy isn't available for open source like other game engines are, the game engine is called Spigot I believe if I recall an interview with Simon Strange correctly. It's a shame because I want to make my own fighting games with a similar style of gameplay and want to see Gorosaurus, Zilla and Kong be modded into Save the Earth or Unleashed along with new maps.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I remember Gojirex (the guy who made the Unleashed overhaul) said he wanted to mod the game so Kong, Zilla, Ultraman, Bagan, Giant Condor, Monster X and Gabara could be "playable" but it couldn't work. That stinks.
Last edited by Gigantis on Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

LockBite wrote:While these mods look cool so far, the truth is we don’t have much gameplay to watch. And until some mods come out that genuinely improve the gameplay (there’s a lot of room for improvement in Unleashed), I can’t see myself setting up an emulator, ISO etc just for this.

Still cool to see what’s been made though.
I honestly think if Unleashed had the option of normal controllers then the biggest complaint about the game would be how the story is missing huge chunks. You can see what they were trying to do, make this big post apocalyptic dynamic story with multiple branching paths and outcome. In the right hands and with enough time it would have been amazing.

Sadly it was too ambatious for Pipeworks. The concept wasn't bad, heck it's amazing and if done right would probably be unlike anything we've ever seen in a Godzilla film, just the execution was pretty bad. It's shame too, cause I think an apocalyptic or post-apocalyptic Godzilla story is an amazing concept but even the movies like DAM, GvsD (it's pre), GFW and the anime seem to drop the ball on the concept.

KOTM is the closest we ever got to what I want to see in an apocalyptic Godzilla story and even then it's flawed, we get glimpses but not enough was shown to really let it sink in that King Ghidorah is causing an extinction level event.

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

Living Corpse wrote:
LockBite wrote:While these mods look cool so far, the truth is we don’t have much gameplay to watch. And until some mods come out that genuinely improve the gameplay (there’s a lot of room for improvement in Unleashed), I can’t see myself setting up an emulator, ISO etc just for this.

Still cool to see what’s been made though.
I honestly think if Unleashed had the option of normal controllers
Well, the [REDACTED] version of Unleashed has support for a traditional controller. What I’m talking about is the way beam battles happen WAY too often, monsters’ health regenerates, certain monsters are terribly OP, etc.

VGF2615
Yojimbo

Post by VGF2615 »

There is a new sneak peak of the formerly known "Godzilla Save the Earth Overhaul" now called "Godzilla Save the Earth Melee"

Last edited by VGF2615 on Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

As I mentioned in the pipework's page, this just got a public demo release, go check it out
He Jock it Made of Steel