Godzilla: Save the Earth discussion

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Monster Zero
EDF Soldier

Re: Godzilla: Save the Earth discussion

Postby Monster Zero » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:28 am

I really like this game but it's not as good as GDAMM.
Resized Image
Hey You! Do you like Comics?! Me too! Which is why I Partnered With my Best Friend to Create a Comic that we Love to Make! It's Called "Roomies!"
https://tapas.io/series/RoomiesofGuyCity
Please Check it Out if You're Interested!
Here's a trailer for it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqX_DNJbnaw
And here's the official Twitter page! Give us a follow for updates, please!
https://twitter.com/RoomiesComic

Just Plain Dan
JXSDF Technician

Postby Just Plain Dan » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:41 pm

It's my favorite of the three; I remember my Dad got it for me as a late B-Day gift, and I had a blast with it. It also introduced to many of the kaiju beyond the Showa series, so there's that :D
Wisper15: Dude, you won the whole da(m)n thread; no need to cause me to collapse my lungs and make me feel as if Destoroyah got into my house.

Living Corpse: This is V of victory. Plain Dan has won the thread.

GodzillavsZilla: The fact that Just Plain Dan's signature looks like quotes by critics about a movie on the back of a dvd... except we're not critics.... we're much worse :lol:.

2004Zilla: Whenever Plain Dan does something prepare to laugh your ass off.

Shadow
EDF Soldier

Postby Shadow » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:09 pm

Oh is that what it that was, silly me. I thought it was Moguera's bottom half flying with an erection. No insult intended.
OT: I like this game very much, the destruction and power is something to be admired.
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Postby The Godzilla King » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:42 pm

SpaceG92 wrote:Someone most likely imported a GU monster into STA via rom. Anyone else notice the she sounds like Baragon in a few shots, most likely replaced Baragon with Biollante. Still interesting to see what people can do in these games though :D

Actually Baragon was not replaced. Proof? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjC4xRAi8No

I replaced Mecha Ghidorah with her. Its a good thing I come from a Star Wars modding site, otherwise Biollante would never have been found.
Long live the King

TitanoGoji

Biollante in godzilla save the earth?

Postby TitanoGoji » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:36 pm

I saw someone post a video on youtube 2 months ago with biollante in godzilla save the earths code can anyone confirm this? https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 8011,d.cGE

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Re: Biollante in godzilla save the earth?

Postby The Godzilla King » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:11 am

TitanoGoji wrote:I saw someone post a video on youtube 2 months ago with biollante in godzilla save the earths code can anyone confirm this? https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 8011,d.cGE

Simon already has. I was the one who got Biollante into the game, SuperGodzillaGaming received permission to reupload a sped up version. My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/DylanRocket
Long live the King

TitanoGoji

Postby TitanoGoji » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:21 am

The Godzilla King wrote:
TitanoGoji wrote:I saw someone post a video on youtube 2 months ago with biollante in godzilla save the earths code can anyone confirm this? https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 8011,d.cGE

Simon already has. I was the one who got Biollante into the game, SuperGodzillaGaming received permission to reupload a sped up version. My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/DylanRocket

why did you slow it down?

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Postby The Godzilla King » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:43 pm

TitanoGoji wrote:
The Godzilla King wrote:

why did you slow it down?

... I didn't. It lags because of my recording program.
Long live the King

TitanoGoji

Postby TitanoGoji » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:58 pm

I played this game a year ago and it's really fun, old and new characters, and new arenas. I would also like to point out that its a big improvement, although i don't care for the points system(I just want to unlock the monster dammit!). This could be why the game is longer though. I think they could of put in two more monsters, Hedorah and Biollante.

GodzillaFan1992
Futurian

Postby GodzillaFan1992 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:29 pm

TitanoGoji wrote:I played this game a year ago and it's really fun, old and new characters, and new arenas. I would also like to point out that its a big improvement, although i don't care for the points system(I just want to unlock the monster dammit!). This could be why the game is longer though. I think they could of put in two more monsters, Hedorah and Biollante.

Biollante was suppose to be in and they had her model complete, but since they weren't sure they had the license from Toho to use her. They didn't want to risk getting in trouble and scrapped her. However her code's are still within the game's file's and if you hack the game. You can actually play as her.

As for Hedorah he was supposed to too, but he was too complex to put in and was scrapped.

There were other Monster's that were supposed to or were considered to be in.

Titanosaurus - Couldn't get the right's to use him. So they used Megaguirus instead. Titanosaurus can still be seen in one of the concept art's though.

Battra - Was going to be a Playable Character and have the Super X-3 be an airstrike, but for reason's unknown scrapped him as a Playable Character and made him an airstrike.

Varan - Was considered, but didn't make the cut.

King Caesar - Same as Varan.

Godzilla 1954 - Scrapped since there were two Godzilla's.

Mechagodzilla (Showa) - Scrapped since there were two Mechagodzilla's.

Super Mechagodzilla - Suppose to replace Mechagodzilla 2, but was cut due to extra time that would be required to fit Garuda and add in new move's.

Gigan (2004) - Orginally was to be playable side by side with Showa Gigan, but due to the budget. Gigan (2004) was scrapped.

Rainbow Mothra - Shown on cover. Probably wasn't considered and was likely a mistake.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1992 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GodzillaFan1992
Futurian

Postby GodzillaFan1992 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:38 pm

Saansilt wrote:
GodzillaFan1992 wrote:
TitanoGoji wrote:I played this game a year ago and it's really fun, old and new characters, and new arenas. I would also like to point out that its a big improvement, although i don't care for the points system(I just want to unlock the monster dammit!). This could be why the game is longer though. I think they could of put in two more monsters, Hedorah and Biollante.

Biollante was suppose to be in and they had her model complete, but since they weren't sure they had the license from Toho to use her. They didn't want to risk getting in trouble and scrapped. However her code's are still within the game's file's and if you hack the game. You can actually play as her.

As for Hedorah he was supposed to too, but he was too complex to put in and was scrapped.

So no chance to get hedorah at all?
Oh well.
Does anyone else dislike the tower defense bonus level?

Pretty much. He was also suppose to be in Unleashed, but was scrapped due to complex cell shading that was required due to his blob like form, as well as due to his changes of forms, which were impossible to do with the Wii. However its sound files are still left in the game and Hedorah's wire frame also appears in the game but cannot be used.

TitanoGoji

Postby TitanoGoji » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:06 pm

GodzillaFan1992 wrote:

Biollante was suppose to be in and they had her model complete, but since they weren't sure they had the license from Toho to use her. They didn't want to risk getting in trouble and scrapped her. However her code's are still within the game's file's and if you hack the game. You can actually play as her.

There were other Monster's that were supposed to or were considered to be in.

Titanosaurus - Couldn't get the right's to use him. So they used Megaguirus instead. Titanosaurus can still be seen in one of the concept art's though.

Battra - Was going to be a Playable Character and have the Super X-3 be an airstrike, but for reason's unknown scrapped him as a Playable Character and made him an airstrike.

Varan - Was considered, but didn't make the cut.

King Caesar - Same as Varan.

Godzilla 1954 - Scrapped since there were two Godzilla's.

Mechagodzilla (Showa) - Scrapped since there were two Mechagodzilla's.

Super Mechagodzilla - Suppose to replace Mechagodzilla 2, but was cut due to extra time that would be required to fit Garuda and add in new move's.

Gigan (2004) - Orginally was to be playable side by side with Showa Gigan, but due to the budget. Gigan (2004) was scrapped.

Rainbow Mothra - Shown on cover. Probably wasn't considered and was likely a mistake.

Well almost all of these characters are on the Wii version of unleashed and battra was in the PS2 version

TitanoGoji

Postby TitanoGoji » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:15 pm

Godzilla14 wrote:What about Rodan Rails?

Wish we had that instead of some concept art

Gothicserpent
Futurian

Postby Gothicserpent » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:18 pm

This is probably a REALLY stupid question, but could STE possibly have a downloadable re-release someday? It would all depend on who owns the rights to the game of course, but it would be neat to see STE with online battles.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"

GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

Godzillasylum
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Godzillasylum » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:04 pm

Godzilla Save The Earth was my ALL time favorite game (and still is). This game WAS my childhood and I loved this game dearly. My favorite character was Godzilla 2000 of course :P and not to toot my own horn but I was pretty good at that game, nearly no one could defeat me. This game I hold dear to my heart and no game since has ever replaced it as my favorite game and most likely never will. I'm really hoping that they come out with a new next-gen Godzilla game, that would seriously be a dream come true and I would play nothing but that, I have heard of Kaiju Combat and am kind of excited for it but so far there is no Godzilla confirmed for it yet so I haven't been following up on it. If it's anything like Godzilla Save The Earth I'll gladly buy it, and hopefully it'll come out for consoles (since I have a PS4 I would LOVE to play it on that).
Good hunter... May you find your worth in the waking world.

Mr. Strange
Interpol Agent

Postby Mr. Strange » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:11 pm

Saansilt wrote:Orga was broken. Seriously broken.

At the 2013 G-Fest an Orga player won the tournament.

Then I played an exhibition match against him using Gigan, and won. Good match!

I would say that King Ghidorah and Anguirus are closer to "broken" when played expertly than Orga ever is.

Beef Bigshot
Keizer

Postby Beef Bigshot » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:26 pm

Mr. Strange wrote:
Saansilt wrote:Orga was broken. Seriously broken.

At the 2013 G-Fest an Orga player won the tournament.

Then I played an exhibition match against him using Gigan, and won. Good match!

I would say that King Ghidorah and Anguirus are closer to "broken" when played expertly than Orga ever is.

Anguirus is annoying and if you play your cards correctly, King Ghidorah can be lethal will his long-ish range melee attacks
Resized Image

Monster Zero
EDF Soldier

Postby Monster Zero » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:37 pm

whenever I play this game, I always win. I'm invincible. I am never defeated.
Resized Image
Hey You! Do you like Comics?! Me too! Which is why I Partnered With my Best Friend to Create a Comic that we Love to Make! It's Called "Roomies!"
https://tapas.io/series/RoomiesofGuyCity
Please Check it Out if You're Interested!
Here's a trailer for it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqX_DNJbnaw
And here's the official Twitter page! Give us a follow for updates, please!
https://twitter.com/RoomiesComic

CheetoKamper
Interpol Agent

Postby CheetoKamper » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:56 am

[quote="Monster Zero"]whenever I play this game, I always win. I'm invincible. I am never defeated.[/qu
:shock: Wow you must play the CPU on easy a lot then huh? ;)
He musta thought it was a gun!
I liked Giant Condor and Gabara before it was cool to just sayin.
Shadow arena record (5-3)

Beef Bigshot
Keizer

Postby Beef Bigshot » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:05 pm

Monster Zero wrote:whenever I play this game, I always win. I'm invincible. I am never defeated.

if only i could play you now.......

anywho, im pretty good with my king ghidorah and my mechagodilla, although mechagodzilla is pretty ridiculous especially in DAM
Last edited by Beef Bigshot on Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image

Return to “Toho Video Games”