Godzilla: Save the Earth discussion

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
SomeknowmeasXeno
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Godzilla: Save the Earth discussion

Post by SomeknowmeasXeno »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:Godzilla Unleashed, Imma' let you finish but STE has minigames and more clearer graphics (IMO).
Really? I think PS2 Unleashed looks better than StE, not sure on Wii Unleashed.
"Tonight, when the blood moon finishes rising, I will summon my brother Yuul'syqpoth into this sphere of existence, and that's absolutely fantastic."

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

GU PS2 has better textures in my opinion, but STE PS2 has a much better framerate and moves more smoothly. Sort of depends on your priorities.

I own DAMM on GameCube and STE on PS2, but I got a copy of DAMM on Xbox and after purchasing a new hard drive, got it working the other day. Thinking of getting STE on Xbox as well if the price is right -- how's the backwards comparability? DAMM runs fine on my machine.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showa Gojira »

JVM wrote:GU PS2 has better textures in my opinion, but STE PS2 has a much better framerate and moves more smoothly. Sort of depends on your priorities.

I own DAMM on GameCube and STE on PS2, but I got a copy of DAMM on Xbox and after purchasing a new hard drive, got it working the other day. Thinking of getting STE on Xbox as well if the price is right -- how's the backwards comparability? DAMM runs fine on my machine.
Personally I think Godzilla Unleashed looks better, which is one of it's few advantages. I'm also curious about STE 's backwards compatibility because I found a copy of it for the original Xbox at a retro game store.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:40 pm
Best kaiju game ever. Like, seriously, awesome to play and full of cool little nods to the films that make it up. Ten out of ten. Worth waiting for.

"GODZILLA - ULTRAMAN - GAMERA: ALL MONSTERS ATTACK!"
http://kaijubeatemup.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6vZKr ... XgWG0hADNA
The Thread: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =19&t=5609

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

The Xbox version of STE is the only version you should be playing, anyway. The PS2 version isn't unplayable or anything, but once you go XB, you never go back. It's most definitely the superior port (And yes, it runs smoothly on the 360).
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Showa Gojira wrote:
JVM wrote:GU PS2 has better textures in my opinion, but STE PS2 has a much better framerate and moves more smoothly. Sort of depends on your priorities.

Personally I think Godzilla Unleashed looks better, which is one of it's few advantages. I'm also curious about STE 's backwards compatibility because I found a copy of it for the original Xbox at a retro game store.
Get it. The Xbox Version is the superior verson.
Godzilla

Komenja
Interpol Agent

Post by Komenja »

Gonna have to echo everyone else: Grab that XBOX copy of STE if you can, it totally works on 360.

And ditto, I think Unleashed had better character models but that's kind of it.

StAiRcAsE KiTtY
Terminated
Terminated

Post by StAiRcAsE KiTtY »

I really wish they'd add this game to the PS4 store.
You want a battle...
Here's a war!

RIP, Judas. An amazing idea, gone before it was created.

SomeknowmeasXeno
Terminated
Terminated

StAiRcAsE KiTtY wrote:I really wish they'd add this game to the PS4 store.
You and me both, having at least one game from the Vortaak trilogy on current gen's stores would be great, and it probably would end up being StE, first off anyways. I mean we got Super Star Wars, a fun game even with its difficulty, and who the fuck asked for that? Yeah it was promoting the new films, but still: if we can get a game like Super Star Wars we should be allowed a port of StE or Unleashed. I mean I like Godzilla: The Game, I'm a big fan of the Generations style and love how accurate it is to the films, but I've seen a lot of demand recently to get another Vortaak trilogy style game and I really want a 4th game to. I mean, imagine what they could do with that gameplay on current gen? I want them to go all out if they ever go back to that style, I want my balls-to-the-walls nuts kaiju action. Screw film accuracy with that gameplay, I wanna shoryuken Gigan and then jump and send him flying with a spinning tail-slam followed up by drop-kicking Megalon.
"Tonight, when the blood moon finishes rising, I will summon my brother Yuul'syqpoth into this sphere of existence, and that's absolutely fantastic."

Komenja
Interpol Agent

Post by Komenja »

SomeknowmeasXeno wrote:
You and me both, having at least one game from the Vortaak trilogy on current gen's stores would be great, and it probably would end up being StE, first off anyways. I mean we got Super Star Wars, a fun game even with its difficulty, and who the skreeonk asked for that? Yeah it was promoting the new films, but still: if we can get a game like Super Star Wars we should be allowed a port of StE or Unleashed. I mean I like Godzilla: The Game, I'm a big fan of the Generations style and love how accurate it is to the films, but I've seen a lot of demand recently to get another Vortaak trilogy style game and I really want a 4th game to. I mean, imagine what they could do with that gameplay on current gen? I want them to go all out if they ever go back to that style, I want my balls-to-the-walls nuts kaiju action. Screw film accuracy with that gameplay, I wanna shoryuken Gigan and then jump and send him flying with a spinning tail-slam followed up by drop-kicking Megalon.
Woah mama, if this game was re-released with online multiplayer servers... I don't think I'd do anything else but work, sleep, and get wrecked online for weeks straight.

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Post by The Godzilla King »

Does anyone know if the PS2 version used Gamespy servers? Just curious.

By the way, Biollante is actually playable in the Xbox version as well. Without going into detail, you just need to extract biollante.zip, rename the biollante.cmf to whoever (Godzilla2k for example), then rezip the file and rename it to whoever (Godzilla2k) and paste it over the existing zip file.

SomeknowmeasXeno
Terminated
Terminated

Komenja wrote:
SomeknowmeasXeno wrote:
You and me both, having at least one game from the Vortaak trilogy on current gen's stores would be great, and it probably would end up being StE, first off anyways. I mean we got Super Star Wars, a fun game even with its difficulty, and who the skreeonk asked for that? Yeah it was promoting the new films, but still: if we can get a game like Super Star Wars we should be allowed a port of StE or Unleashed. I mean I like Godzilla: The Game, I'm a big fan of the Generations style and love how accurate it is to the films, but I've seen a lot of demand recently to get another Vortaak trilogy style game and I really want a 4th game to. I mean, imagine what they could do with that gameplay on current gen? I want them to go all out if they ever go back to that style, I want my balls-to-the-walls nuts kaiju action. Screw film accuracy with that gameplay, I wanna shoryuken Gigan and then jump and send him flying with a spinning tail-slam followed up by drop-kicking Megalon.
Woah mama, if this game was re-released with online multiplayer servers... I don't think I'd do anything else but work, sleep, and get wrecked online for weeks straight.
Know what else would be great? If they allowed Biollante to be accessed as a secret character, like Akuma in some of the Street Fighter games. I mean, she is fully completed in the game.

Added in 13 minutes 21 seconds:
Actually, here's a question. Who was your guy's and girl's main/s? Doesn't just have to be in StE, could be any of the three games. My main, because I'm more of a 'shoto' guy, was always Godzilla 90s. My main was Godzilla 90s throughout the entire series. I am just that basic.

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

SomeknowmeasXeno wrote:Know what else would be great? If they allowed Biollante to be accessed as a secret character, like Akuma in some of the Street Fighter games. I mean, she is fully completed in the game.
That actually wouldn't be a great idea. She actually is not complete, for example, she doesn't have a rage attack. She's incredibly broken as well. Her tentacle burrow attack is both graphically glitched and extremely overpowered. Her burrowing move can also cause the game to crash if she attempts to go through the boundaries. She also can spam her acid spray indefinitely as long as you hold the jump button. Her get-up attacks play animations, but do not actually damage enemies. If a re-release contained Biollante, she'd definitely need a lot of work done, such as bug fixing and balancing, or she would have to be only playable offline.

Anyway, my main kaiju would have to be Godzilla 90's as well, at least for STE, DAMM, and the PS2 version of Unleashed. I always thought he looked cooler than Godzilla 2000 and I also really hated that stupid high-pitched roar they gave G2000 in STE.

SomeknowmeasXeno
Terminated
Terminated

Yeah, what was with that roar? It still weirds me out. I went for 90s for pretty much all the same reasons, plus I also chose him over 2000 out of spite because 2000 always got the spotlight in those games and that really annoyed me. Another reason I'm not a big fan of Wii Unleashed, only 2000 was playable in the story in that version for some reason and I just can't connect with him as a hero. I just don't see it. He looks like the angry brother, the rapheal of the duo. But I can connect with 90s more in terms of Unleashed's story. It's a weird thing to say, I know, but 90s just looks more heroic to me. Plus I love the Heisei era.

Komenja
Interpol Agent

Post by Komenja »

SomeknowmeasXeno wrote:Actually, here's a question. Who was your guy's and girl's main/s? Doesn't just have to be in StE, could be any of the three games. My main, because I'm more of a 'shoto' guy, was always Godzilla 90s. My main was Godzilla 90s throughout the entire series. I am just that basic.
Godzilla 90's was one of my favorites too. His tail attacks had such good reach! Orga was my favorite in DaMM thanks to his wrestling moves and great damage, and Jet Jaguar was my favorite in STE and Unleashed. JJ has so many awesome moves I'd say these games are responsible for making Jet Jaguar cool. Just listen to his theme in Unleashed.

SomeknowmeasXeno
Terminated
Terminated

Komenja wrote:
SomeknowmeasXeno wrote:Actually, here's a question. Who was your guy's and girl's main/s? Doesn't just have to be in StE, could be any of the three games. My main, because I'm more of a 'shoto' guy, was always Godzilla 90s. My main was Godzilla 90s throughout the entire series. I am just that basic.
Godzilla 90's was one of my favorites too. His tail attacks had such good reach! Orga was my favorite in DaMM thanks to his wrestling moves and great damage, and Jet Jaguar was my favorite in STE and Unleashed. JJ has so many awesome moves I'd say these games are responsible for making Jet Jaguar cool. Just listen to his theme in Unleashed.
I think they're the reason he even has fans.

Zentenk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zentenk »

Godzilla 90s was my fav along with Gigan, way back when I first got the game. I can tell by looking at my old high scores list. Then it was Kiryu a few years later, I change what I play each year I guess. My current favorites are Megaguirus and Rodan.

CheetoKamper
G-Force Personnel

Post by CheetoKamper »

SomeknowmeasXeno wrote:
Komenja wrote:
I think they're the reason he even has fans.
Oh trust me he had fans long before any of these games came out it's just that they became a lot more noticeable once someone actually gave a damn about him other than those of us who were already fans.
He musta thought it was a gun!
I liked Giant Condor and Gabara before it was cool to just sayin.
Shadow arena record (5-3)

SomeknowmeasXeno
Terminated
Terminated

Oh I know he had already fans, but like you said they weren't that noticeable until he was put in StE and then Unleashed. Damn, he was good in those games though. I think someone on the development team REALLY liked Jet Jaguar. Hell, those games are the only reason I like Baragon, they did a good job at making each kaiju fun to play. Jet Jaguar was never the mecha I played seriously though, that was MechaGodzilla 2 and Kiryu, mostly Kiryu now though... anybody else hate fighting MechaGodzilla 2 in DAMM? He's a joke these days but back then when I first got the game he seemed broken in that fight.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

If this game was re-released in any form, making Biollante unlockable without modification would be a real treat.
That actually wouldn't be a great idea. She actually is not complete, for example, she doesn't have a rage attack. She's incredibly broken as well. Her tentacle burrow attack is both graphically glitched and extremely overpowered. Her burrowing move can also cause the game to crash if she attempts to go through the boundaries. She also can spam her acid spray indefinitely as long as you hold the jump button. Her get-up attacks play animations, but do not actually damage enemies. If a re-release contained Biollante, she'd definitely need a lot of work done, such as bug fixing and balancing, or she would have to be only playable offline.
If they actually went to the trouble of editing the game to add her to a menu or a cheat code in the first place, I think all of this wouldn't be too difficult to do. You'd have to re-hire a few developers and bug-testers in any case. It's all a pipe dream, but yeah, she'd need some fixing, but it could be done.

I'm still surprised they couldn't fix her up for GU PS2, although I do wonder if that's because the developers were convinced she was totally deleted.
Personally I think Godzilla Unleashed looks better, which is one of it's few advantages.
Like I said, it depends on priorities. The textures are much better, but the glitchy framerate and nostalgia causes me to go back to STE when I play PS2... although I play GU on Wii frequently, so I'm not really missing out on anything but Battra.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

JVM wrote:I'm still surprised they couldn't fix her up for GU PS2, although I do wonder if that's because the developers were convinced she was totally deleted.
Well they used the same texture for both STE and GU with only some differences in color, so she couldn't have been completely deleted. There actually is a few references to her in some of the script files in the PS2 version, but no actual character files. I also noticed that the PS2 version of GU contains a few leftover files from the PSP version, an unused map called "60.zip", and all of the music for the Wii-exclusive kaiju.