Godzilla: Save the Earth discussion

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
CheetoKamper
G-Force Personnel

Re: Godzilla: Save the Earth discussion

Post by CheetoKamper »

Kaijunator wrote:
CheetoKamper wrote:
M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:Put Zilla and Hedorah in both of their spots.
I'd prefer Hedorah and Gabara or Varan.
Varan is in Unleashed. I'd prefer they keep Krystalak and Obsidius. I think they're cool kaiju.
I'd rather have 2 Varans than them. :lol:
He musta thought it was a gun!
I liked Giant Condor and Gabara before it was cool to just sayin.
Shadow arena record (5-3)

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

The Godzilla King wrote:
JVM wrote:Wait, Biollante was at G-FEST? Shoot, if I'd known that I'd have checked it out. Of course, I was only there Sunday afternoon. If it's happening next year, I'd love to know. I always had a feeling she was unlockable -- there's references to her in the PS2 game disc, but I had no idea how to enable them. I do recall bringing it up here in the long, long ago.
It's actually very simple, just a little bit of hex editing the vol file.
JVM wrote:When I think of STE, the main things I miss that weren't carried over into GU were the Survival and Challenge modes, and by extension, Action mode.
I think Survival may have been a feature originally planned to be in Godzilla Unleashed. There's a file in the game called "GameType_Survival" or something like that.
I sort of tried to do that, except I had no method of testing it at the time since I was just using files copied from the disc. Crazy to think how close I came to the discovery :P

Cool! I wonder why it was cut. I was never a big fan of it as a kid but with today I'd play the heck out of it.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Jatahaxe
Interpol Agent

Post by Jatahaxe »

Exactly. The way kaiju appear in G:U (at least in the story mode) is by randomly dropping in. How cool would it be to have a survival mode where you have a certain amount of time to defeat a monster before another monster drops in, and you must defeat them quickly lest you suddenly have two to three other monsters ganging up on you!
Monsters are the real people.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

The Godzilla King wrote:
Mr. Strange wrote:These files do NOT exist on the Xbox version
Interestingly, the files actually do exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjqg72VZxXU

The HUD doesn't get displayed correctly however.
Amazing, I thought the Biollante files were only in the PS2 version.
Godzilla

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

JVM wrote: Of course, I was only there Sunday afternoon. If it's happening next year, I'd love to know.
I can tell you right now that Sunday afternoon at G-Fest is borderline dead, especially the game room. You couldn't have picked a worse day (and time) to go. The modded Xbox belongs to Nick Huber, and he'll more than likely be there next year.
g2vd wrote: Amazing, I thought the Biollante files were only in the PS2 version.
Yeah, it's a fairly recent discovery.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Post by The Godzilla King »

Goji wrote:
JVM wrote: Of course, I was only there Sunday afternoon. If it's happening next year, I'd love to know.
I can tell you right now that Sunday afternoon at G-Fest is borderline dead, especially the game room. You couldn't have picked a worse day (and time) to go. The modded Xbox belongs to Nick Huber, and he'll more than likely be there next year.
g2vd wrote: Amazing, I thought the Biollante files were only in the PS2 version.
Actually I discovered the files back in June of last year.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

^ I know, I'm familiar with your YT page. A year and some change is still pretty recent, especially considering it took nearly 10 years to discover her in either version. :)
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

The Godzilla King wrote:
Actually I discovered the files back in June of last year.
I'm aware - I remember when the video was new. For an eleven-year-old game I consider it recent :P
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Godzilla Lover101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla Lover101 »

It'd be amazing to get a remake of this game. Film accurate models for each character, new characters, new stages, film accurate powers, a destruction mode in style of Godzilla Generations. Be amazing.
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

I found a ton of unused sound effects in the Xbox version of the game:

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Very strange Battra's roar went unused. He could've roared when shooting his eye lasers, at least.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Jatahaxe
Interpol Agent

Post by Jatahaxe »

I see that they cut out the "Airstrike" part of "Battra Airstrike" for Battra's intro in G:U (PS2). I'm pretty sure I could even hear where it was sloppily cut.

Speaking of G:U PS2, when playing as Obsidius, I once somehow activated Orga's grappling move (the "rotating toss") from the Wii version, but the animation was different. I'm left to assume Orga had it at some point, Obsidius being a clone of Orga in PS2 version, and that it had to have been in S:TE, G:U being a clone of that game, and I still don't know what button/s I pressed to make it happen, as I was never able to recreate it.
The same even happened in G:DAMM, when my Dad, who I played it with a lot was using Orga. The animation for it looked much better. He said "I wish I knew how I did that". So did I.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Jatahaxe wrote:Speaking of G:U PS2, when playing as Obsidius, I once somehow activated Orga's grappling move (the "rotating toss") from the Wii version, but the animation was different. I'm left to assume Orga had it at some point, Obsidius being a clone of Orga in PS2 version, and that it had to have been in S:TE, G:U being a clone of that game, and I still don't know what button/s I pressed to make it happen, as I was never able to recreate it.
The same even happened in G:DAMM, when my Dad, who I played it with a lot was using Orga. The animation for it looked much better. He said "I wish I knew how I did that". So did I.
His rotating toss from GU is actually taken from his unique throw only available when you are in Rage mode in GDAMM/GSTE. I believe it temporarily replaces his default toss. Or all of them. It's been a while since I've tried it :P
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Jatahaxe
Interpol Agent

Post by Jatahaxe »

GigaBowserG wrote:
Jatahaxe wrote:Speaking of G:U PS2, when playing as Obsidius, I once somehow activated Orga's grappling move (the "rotating toss") from the Wii version, but the animation was different. I'm left to assume Orga had it at some point, Obsidius being a clone of Orga in PS2 version, and that it had to have been in S:TE, G:U being a clone of that game, and I still don't know what button/s I pressed to make it happen, as I was never able to recreate it.
His rotating toss from GU is actually taken from his unique throw only available when you are in Rage mode in GDAMM/GSTE. I believe it temporarily replaces his default toss. Or all of them. It's been a while since I've tried it :P
Oh wow. I never knew that. Just looked again at his G:DAMM stats on the main site. Even weirder that it seemed to remain in STE.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

GigaBowserG wrote:Very strange Battra's roar went unused. He could've roared when shooting his eye lasers, at least.

From my interview with Simon 10 YEARS AGO! (insert "I'm old cuz I was alive back then" musings)

Question: Why does Battra make no sound?

Strange: Toho never gave us a good sound for Battra. We should have pressed on this, but we were scrambling at the end of the project, and this got dropped.

http://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/gste/interview.htm
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

I found a test rail map:

Godzilla Lover101
Gotengo Officer

I always found it weird they named Moguera "Moguera 2." The original is almost unheard of by general people, so it doesn't make sense to name Moguera the 2nd one, since hardly anybody knows about the original Moguera. Plus it makes it more confusing "if there's a 2nd Moguera, how can I unlock the first" mentality.
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Godzilla Lover101 wrote:Plus it makes it more confusing "if there's a 2nd Moguera, how can I unlock the first" mentality.
Not really, Heisei Mechagodzilla's been Mechagodzilla 2 long before the Showa one ever showed up (and Kiryu being Mechagodzilla 3). Truly doubt confusion over unlocking the first would be a thing. I kind of liked how they labeled the Heisei Moguera as the 2nd. It's not totally incorrect. But speaking personally, naming incarnations after their years as opposed to numbers is preferred (Mechagodzilla 1993 and Moguera 1994 instead of MG2 and Moguera 2).
/crawls back under rock

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

As a kid new to the Godzilla fandom it did confuse me - I still kind of lol over the fact there's MechaGodzilla 2 and MechaGodzilla 3 but no MechaGodzilla 1, although I get the development reasons.

Godzilla Lover101
Gotengo Officer

JVM wrote:As a kid new to the Godzilla fandom it did confuse me - I still kind of lol over the fact there's MechaGodzilla 2 and MechaGodzilla 3 but no MechaGodzilla 1, although I get the development reasons.
And when Showa MechaG finally came, he was just a clone of MechaG 2 with no finger missiles. :-(