"Rodan for the NES" thread

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

"Rodan for the NES" thread

Post by Dillyziller »

This is a very strange one because 1, why was it cancelled and 2, why Rodan?
From what I heard the game was suppose to be a sequel to Godzilla: monster of monsters for the NES which I find weird.

There is no screen shots of the game but just shows a picture of Rodan 1965 in Nintendo Power.
http://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/rodan/ad1.htm
^This post in sexually offensive.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Re: "Rodan for the NES" thread

Post by Beef Bigshot »

I don't no how it would be a sequel but you have seen the Godzilla creepypasta replay with rodan, I would have also preferred him over mothra in the original game but then again who wouldn't, mothra sucks. Every time I play I force mothra to suicide while I make Godzilla juggernaut threw the levels
Resized Image

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Didn't Rodan just evolve into Godzilla 2 because they figured a Rodan game wouldn't be popular enough to sell on its own?
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

gvamp wrote:Didn't Rodan just evolve into Godzilla 2 because they figured a Rodan game wouldn't be popular enough to sell on its own?
Correct... in fact it even mentions it in the article as something Nintendo Power mentioned:

http://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/rodan.htm

The game really didn't seem to focus on Rodan anyway in the same way that Godzilla 2 doesn't really focus on Godzilla, just seemed to be a mish-mash of Toho characters that instead of calling it a Rodan game they called it Godzilla 2. Frankly, surprised Toho thought Rodan would have marquee value to support a game on his own, but kind of wish it happened as a Rodan fan.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Beef Bigshot wrote:I don't no how it would be a sequel but you have seen the Godzilla creepypasta replay with rodan, I would have also preferred him over mothra in the original game but then again who wouldn't, mothra sucks. Every time I play I force mothra to suicide while I make Godzilla juggernaut threw the levels
When I first got the game when it was new, I actually didn't know how to use Godzilla very well, so using Mothra was the only way I made progress. Eventually I figured Godzilla out and had 3 seperate game password sets

1 where Mothra was strong
2 where Godzilla was strong
3 where both monsters were equally strong

As for Rodan- yes basically it became Godzilla 2, which was basically just military vs Toho Monsters. I still wish there would have been a genuine sequel to MoM for the original NES. It appears that KotM:Godzilla (gameboy 1993) would have been about the closest thing. I'd love to get a Gameboy ROM of it, but its on the long list of things I'd like to have ;) .
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Is there a discussion page for G:MOM?
Resized Image

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Beef Bigshot wrote:Is there a discussion page for G:MOM?
Sure is, although it hasn't been used in quite some time:

http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =10&t=2718

A shame, as it's a huge piece of Toho loir in my opinion from top to bottom.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Crazy Jim Films
Monarch Researcher

Post by Crazy Jim Films »

I can remember being so excited for that damn game when they advertised in "Nintendo Power". Damn shame it never came to fruition.
Check out the PG version of my short film, "Destroy All Sisters".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNVCmLaqznA&t=1s