Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Re: Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

Postby Living Corpse » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:39 pm

Part of me wishes we had a mini-game with some Godzilla games where you play soldiers using different guns throughout the Godzilla films to fight off smaller monsters like the sea lice, Matango, smaller Destroyers, and Servum. The characters you can play and unlcok range from the swat guys sent to fight the Destroyers with flamethrowers, one of the astronauts from DAM armed with the Exploration car's Maser gun and soldiers from the anime trilogy armed with Electromagnetic Induction Rifles.

Now should it be first or third person, I dunno. I know Japan isn't big on first person shooters.

skuzzy-punk-kid
Yin-Yang Master

Postby skuzzy-punk-kid » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:13 am

Meh, I'm down for another Pipeworks fighter, just as long as it avoids the horrid Wii mechanics.

@Living Corpse, love your user avatar btw.
Last edited by skuzzy-punk-kid on Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
What :g2k:is :g2k:so :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:wrong :g2k:with :g2k:the :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:?
The :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:is :g2k:not :g2k:causing :g2k:you :g2k:any :g2k:freakin' :g2k:harm :g2k:!!!

Cryptid_Liker
Interpol Agent

Postby Cryptid_Liker » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:14 pm

Living Corpse wrote:Part of me wishes we had a mini-game with some Godzilla games where you play soldiers using different guns throughout the Godzilla films to fight off smaller monsters like the sea lice, Matango, smaller Destroyers, and Servum. The characters you can play and unlcok range from the swat guys sent to fight the Destroyers with flamethrowers, one of the astronauts from DAM armed with the Exploration car's Maser gun and soldiers from the anime trilogy armed with Electromagnetic Induction Rifles.

Now should it be first or third person, I dunno. I know Japan isn't big on first person shooters.

From this description, I think it could be a 2.5D bullet hell shooter.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:31 am

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Part of me wishes we had a mini-game with some Godzilla games where you play soldiers using different guns throughout the Godzilla films to fight off smaller monsters like the sea lice, Matango, smaller Destroyers, and Servum. The characters you can play and unlcok range from the swat guys sent to fight the Destroyers with flamethrowers, one of the astronauts from DAM armed with the Exploration car's Maser gun and soldiers from the anime trilogy armed with Electromagnetic Induction Rifles.

From this description, I think it could be a 2.5D bullet hell shooter.

Maybe over the shoulder shooter like the later Resident Evil & Hitman games.

tyrantgoji
EDF Soldier

Postby tyrantgoji » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:59 pm

A game that acts as a sequel to Shin Godzilla, where you shoot down those goj-humanoids Resident Evil style!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and i do not regret it.

Return to “Toho Video Games”