Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
AbudJasemAlBaldawi
Yin-Yang Master

Re: Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

Postby AbudJasemAlBaldawi » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:07 am

I wish Toho would license their Kaiju to Capcom or SNK for a Kaiju fighting game. That would be so tight.
Spoiler:

Gotengo
Ronin

Postby Gotengo » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:49 am

I hope the next game will have Keizer Ghidorah and Gotengo playable.
Godzilla PS4 Wishlist:
Keizer Ghidorah #1
Gotengo
M.O.G.U.E.R.A.

SomeknowmeasXeno
Terminated
Terminated

Postby SomeknowmeasXeno » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am

Before I start here's the control scheme, using the PS layout, that I would like in the game.

Left Stick - Movement (Walk/Run/Fly/Burrow)
Right Stick - Manual camera control / aim breath attack if in use
X - Jump / get up / ascend (If flying, has to be held, has a usage timer limit)
Square - Punch attack / light throw
Triangle - Kick attack/ heavy throw
Circle - Tail / drill / hook / horn attack / special throw
R1 - Breath attack (Hold to charge, tap for special 'burst' breath attack, such as a fireball for Godzilla)
R2 - Special ability (Dependent upon monster: fly for King Ghidorah, Burrow for Baragon, equip weapons pack for Kiryu, etc)
L1 - Block (Tap to grab a building or kaiju)
L2 - Crouch
L2 + R2 - Ultimate attack (If available, such as Godzilla's Red Spiral Ray)
L1 + Right Stick - Dodge/Roll in the direction the stick is pushed. Push towards an incoming physical attack the moment it hits to parry it.
Select - Roar (Refills one bar of the energy meter if pulled off without being hit)

Playable kaiju/mechas:
Earth Defenders - Godzilla; Millenium Godzilla, Final Godzilla, Legendary Godzilla, Anguirus, Rodan, Mothra, Baragon, King Ceasar, Varan, Zilla Jr
GDF - Kiryu; MechaGodzilla 2, Jet Jaguar, Mecha King Ghidorah, Moguera
Mutants - Shin Godzilla; Space Godzilla, Male M.U.T.O, Female M.U.T.O, Obsidious, Krystalak, Biollante, Destroyah, Megaguirus, Battra, Hedorah, Titanosaurus, Bagan
Aliens - Showa Gigan; Final Gigan, King Ghidorah, Megalon, Orga, MechaGodzilla, Monster X/Keiser Ghidorah
('Guests' I know would probably never get in but would love to see: Arstron (ED), Ultra Man (ED or GDF), Mothra Leo (ED), Cyber-Zilla (Aliens) and Gamera (ED))

Gameplay:
A 3D arena fighting game heavily akin to the Vortaak trilogy games but with a few new mechanics, for example you can now dodge and parry physical attacks like you can in a game like Metal Gear Rising. You got your health and energy meters as normal, as well as ammo for attacks like Kiryu's missiles and stamina for the use of abilities such as burrowing, high flying and also for how much you can block attacks without having your guard broken. You can fight in 1v1 battles or anything up to 4 players/computers at once, maybe even up to 6 monsters in a battle online. Each monster has their own stats; combos, special moves, strengths and weaknesses (Even all the Godzillas are different from one another in one way or another). Buildings are also fully destructible. You can even pick up some and throw them at enemies, or get something like a harbour crane and use it like a club.

Game modes:
Arcade - Fight through 8 stages against the computer.
Versus - Fight against the computer or other players locally.
Online - Fight against other players online.
Survival - Fight until you lose or defeat the entire cast
Destruction - Destroy an arena to earn more points then the computer or another player (can be played online).
Mini-Games: Select a kaiju and play against the computer or other players in side games like boulder basketball or tag, etc.
Practice: Learn the basics of the game or how to play a certain monster (If they're unlocked) effectively.

Also all monsters would have unlockable skins, like 54 Godzilla for Godzilla; SNES Bagan for Bagan, Kiryu Saga Godzilla for Millennium, etc. Basically all of their different era designs if they're not already a separate character. Some could even be based upon toy variations, like Legendary Godzilla with blue dorsal plates. You'd buy these, along with other kaiju, stages and maybe some goodies like concept art from an in-game store using points you earn from winning matches and mini-games/challenges.

A story mode would be nice but not necessary.

I posted that in the Your Dream Godzilla Game Thread, fits here as well.
"Tonight, when the blood moon finishes rising, I will summon my brother Yuul'syqpoth into this sphere of existence, and that's absolutely fantastic."

Jatahaxe
Interpol Agent

Postby Jatahaxe » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:15 pm

Having just watched Son of Godzilla again, I suddenly realized how awesome it would be to have Sollgel Island a selectable stage in a Godzilla game with the experiments going on and the environment changing every minute or so.
Monsters are the real people.

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:57 am

I would do mine with human and monster gameplay
The world is very sexy, it's part of my collapse.

"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"I dont piss on broken ego's.....I poop them out MechaGoji Bro Seven Thousand Five Hundred and Three or Seventy Five Zero Three choose...." - goji89 (12/20/2018) aka god

godzilla5417
Terminated
Terminated

Postby godzilla5417 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:13 pm

I'd like a Godzilla video game that is a single player beat'em up or a hack & slash where the only playable character is Godzilla, but he would have a very extensive range of comobo's .Preferable produced by Capcom,Platinum games or Team Ninja.
I'am an atheist, and the closest thing to a god that I have is.......GODZILLAAAAAAAAA! :godzilla:

Little known fact, both Zilla and Shin Hangout at the same gay bar called GINO"S!

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:14 pm

Take ideas from The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction . That would make a good Godzilla game.

"I dont piss on broken ego's.....I poop them out MechaGoji Bro Seven Thousand Five Hundred and Three or Seventy Five Zero Three choose...." - goji89 (12/20/2018) aka god

LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LegendZilla » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:03 am

I think that the reason as to why there has not been a free-roaming Godzilla game as of now is due to the fact that if there was, you could have Godzilla move to a ton of particularly sensitive locations in Japan
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:44 am

^they could always make up a city, such as Rolisica.

Mr. Yellow
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Mr. Yellow » Wed May 10, 2017 8:32 am

Just a simple melee game with all kaiju (even obscure ones) is all I need. Things like playing scenes from movies and such would be cool, but I'm pretty simple when it comes to games.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

GIGAN05
EDF Soldier

Postby GIGAN05 » Wed May 10, 2017 2:40 pm

I'd KILL for an EDF style game with Godzilla Monsters. Swap the units for G-Graspers and your set.
TK's Jojo. It's MUDA.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Lain Of The Wired » Sun May 28, 2017 4:03 pm

We need a Friday the 13th The Game type of thing, like you play as the humans, trying to survive Toho beasties in Toho movie locations like exploring the mines from Rodan, and trying to survive cave ins, and Meganulons.
Or go to Sogell Island, and fight off normal sized Gimantises, and the gigantic Kamacuras and Kumonga.
There could be a level where Godzilla is fighting Destroyah, and mini Destroyah forms drop off onto the streets and you have to kill/survive them.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

LegendaryMonster
Samurai

Postby LegendaryMonster » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:14 am

I would so love a new game like the older Godzilla games with all the classic Kaiju from those but add in The Gargantuas, M.U.T.Os, Kong (toho), Mosnterverse Kong, and the big Skullcrawler.

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Postby Stevo_1985 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:54 pm

I think an LG game like the Peter Jacksons Kong game would be cool. Alternate between Lieutenent Ford and Godzilla throughout the game.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LegendZilla » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:06 pm

Do you think a Dynasty Warriors Godzilla game would be cool?
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

Dynomy-DX
Ronin

Postby Dynomy-DX » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:38 am

I would love to see how a Godzilla Beat-em-up could be done. Give it a more dynamic style for more moves and combo potential, and honestly, it has potential.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Lain Of The Wired » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:12 pm

I'd still love for a survival Toho game where you can travel to places like the mines from Rodan, or islands from Matango, Son of Godzilla, and Ebirah, Horror of the Deep, fight off Meganulons, Gimantises, Matango, and all sorts of other creatures from Toho's stable.
Sail a boat while avoiding Ebirah or Shockirus, or the giant octopus or even Gaira.
Fight off a city infestation of Destroyah's or Meganula's. Avoid giant monsters until you can hijack weapons like the Gotengo or Super X's, lead kaiju away, or try to to drive them off with firepower. Seems like it'd be really fun if the map was almost Skyrim level, with the chance to go almost anywhere as seen from the movies
Last edited by Lain Of The Wired on Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

The Painkiller
Young Farmer

Postby The Painkiller » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:29 am

For a fighting type of game, I think taking inspiration from the final smash idea in Super Smash Bros may be interesting. I would think maybe a meter fills up, and then the monster your playing as could have an ultimate attack, which could affect a specific direction or just a radius around the monster, inspired by abilities in the movies. Ideas I have for certain monsters: Heisei Godzilla transforms into Burning Godzilla and melts down, dealing high damage to anyone in his radius, Mothra's scale ability from 1992 (I forgot it's name), Kiryu's absolute zero cannon, ShodaiGoji somehow detonating the oxygen destroyer? They don't necessarily have to be abilities demonstrated in the movies.
My idea for a story mode would be somewhat similar to Final Wars in a way, and have every if not most kaiju in the series fight each other, like I guess all the "good" kaiju in the series defending Earth against the alien/other "evil" kaiju. Each kaiju in the story would have their own unique missions/events that may also feature missions that are the same for multiple kaiju, assuming you have some where you must work with another. Then in the end all monsters (that are still alive) would be in one gigantic battle between two sides that would basically have 30 monsters on screen at once. This is either the best idea ever, or the worst, but I'm betting on the latter.

Other than that almost everyone else has ideas that I agree with, so it'd be pointless to continue.
Last edited by The Painkiller on Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

rodan fan1956
Ronin

Postby rodan fan1956 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:32 pm

SpaceG92
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Postby SpaceG92 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:51 pm

rodan fan1956 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e4de6yB8U4

While this is on topic per say - I have to ask you to cool down on posting your youtube links.

At this point, it's starting to become common place instead of discussion and is boarding on "Advertisement". The occasional long, 20 minute rant/discussion and you posted in the topic prior and want to wrap it up in a YT video is fine, but just a post consisting of links at this pace is going to far.

Return to “Toho Video Games”