Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Hedorah
Xilien Halfling

Re: Minilla needs to be in the next Godzilla game

Post by Hedorah »

Minilla all teh way, I'd prefer him over Zilla, simply because Minilla is a Toho creation and should be respected before Zilla
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

Godzilla 2000 wrote:tl;dr is just l33tsp34k for "you talk too damn much."
I wrote: Fuck the Dave the isn't footings happen

KaneLocke
EDF Instructor

Post by KaneLocke »

No.

Most uninteresting monster in all of kaijudom. S'all I gots to say.
Proud father, husband, and son.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

varan is a very interesting monster... its a giant gliding iguana squirrell... cant get much more interesting then that!
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

KaneLocke
EDF Instructor

Post by KaneLocke »

Tyler wrote:^ Varan's got a bone to pick with you!
No, I'd say he's got a bone to pick with you.

Varan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Minilla.

Godz
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godz »

I've wanted Minya in as a Dan Hibiki-esque character since God:DAMM was announced. Hopefully he'll get his day.
SAVE_US.GDZ

hammysammy59
G-Force Personnel

Post by hammysammy59 »

Yeah, based on screen-time alone Minilla has seniority over a LOT of monsters that have actually made it into video games. Yeah, I'm looking at you Varan with the four-second cameo in one Godzilla movie.

I'm sure a big reason he hasn't been included in the Pipeworks games is a gameplay balance issue. He's a baby monster, you can't (reasonably) have him stand up to someone like Mechagodzilla in a one-on-one fight and have it be anything but a total slaughter, but on the other hand beefing him up to match those heavy-hitters would be VERY untrue to the character.

The solution of course, lies in making the next Godzilla game play like a modern wrestling title <cue broken record>. In wrestling games, you've got EVERYBODY, from the heavy-hitter superstars to the cannon-fodder losers. They get away with this by posting each fighter's stats and ratings right there on the character select screen, so you know EXACTLY what you're getting into. That's the sort of thing I want to see in the next Godzilla game. That's the sort of set-up that would allow us to have Space Godzilla and Giant Condor in the same game, which would make me the happiest boy at the ball. Not only would it make lower-tier monsters a possibility, but it creates a sort of built-in handicap system. Want to lay waste to all but the most powerful monsters? Pick King Ghidorah! Want to scrape your way to the top the hard way? Take control of Gezora and see how far you can get!

But yeah, Minilla for the win. For better or worse he's a BIG part of Godzilla's Showa career, it's about time he got some video game lovin'.
Haters gonna hate

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Yes. His appearance in Godzilla: Trading Battle wasn't enough to please me, so...the more, the merrier. :D
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

KaneLocke
EDF Instructor

Post by KaneLocke »

Godz wrote:I've wanted Minya in as a Dan Hibiki-esque character since God:DAMM was announced. Hopefully he'll get his day.
Now, I love Dan, so don't mistake me when I say I reeeeaaaallly don't want a joke-ish character for the next G game.

Stubby arms, short legs, smoke rings, and his pappy's beam. I just don't see how he could be any fun.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Re: Zilla for the next game (playable) petition!

Post by Showa Gyaos »

^^I could see this happening, even for Pipeworks' current engine. :lol:

I'd be fine with him, but I'd like to see him with an atomic ray. Guy's pretty much a lame copy without one.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.

Gib money.

hammysammy59
G-Force Personnel

Post by hammysammy59 »

KaneLocke wrote:
Godz wrote:I've wanted Minya in as a Dan Hibiki-esque character since God:DAMM was announced. Hopefully he'll get his day.
Now, I love Dan, so don't mistake me when I say I reeeeaaaallly don't want a joke-ish character for the next G game.

Stubby arms, short legs, smoke rings, and his pappy's beam. I just don't see how he could be any fun.
Short and speedy! Hard to hold onto and hard to hit. When you do land those hits though, you rock his shit pretty hard. He'd be kind of like an even more extreme version of how Zilla would handle.

I think he'd be hilarious to play as. Your friend is using some mega-bruiser like Biollante and you've got Minilla. You run up to Bio, land a flurry of (weak) hits, then run off laughing maniacally, doing your damnedest to evade the deadly tentacle whips. Playing against Minilla WOULD be annoying... that is until you knock the little bastard on his ass and wail on him. Or throw him through a skyscraper. Yep, I wants me some Minilla in the next game. He just sounds too fun, and would be a proud stamp of Godzilla's wackier Showa past.
Haters gonna hate

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

KaneLocke wrote:Now, I love Dan, so don't mistake me when I say I reeeeaaaallly don't want a joke-ish character for the next G game.

Varan's movie was no fun at all, and he was finally in a video game after such a long wait. :roll:
ScrumpBump wrote:

Gib money.

KaneLocke
EDF Instructor

Post by KaneLocke »

Showa Gyaos wrote:
KaneLocke wrote:Now, I love Dan, so don't mistake me when I say I reeeeaaaallly don't want a joke-ish character for the next G game.

Varan's movie was no fun at all, and he was finally in a video game after such a long wait. :roll:
... which has fuck all to do with anything I said.

Ultraman Omega
Monsterland Worker

Post by Ultraman Omega »

^^^Just the imagery of Minilla vs. Biollante makes me want Godzilla's illegitimate son added to a game.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Chris55 wrote:He probably would have been in if the Wii did DLC
I thought after DAMM Pipeworks swore off DLC?
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

well... people can change their minds...
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

KaneLocke wrote:
Showa Gyaos wrote:... which has skreeonk all to do with anything I said.
In other words, Varan, as much as I love him, was given a slot. BEFORE Godzilla's son. Who is more renowned than Varan.
ScrumpBump wrote:

Gib money.

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

If Minilla is to be a Joke Character, he should be just like Pichu en Melee, have him be able to kill himself without knowing, obvious joke character not viable in serious matches that is bound to lose all of his matches with some potential just for the laughs.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?
He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

hammysammy59
G-Force Personnel

Post by hammysammy59 »

Whooooooah dude just because Pichu was lame and hurt himself doesn't mean he wasn't deadly in the hands of a skilled player. That's what I want from Minilla: seemingly jokey, but if you get his rhythm/style down, he can (almost) run with the big dawgs. To me that's just good game design.
Haters gonna hate

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

hammysammy59 wrote:Whooooooah dude just because Pichu was lame and hurt himself doesn't mean he wasn't deadly in the hands of a skilled player. That's what I want from Minilla: seemingly jokey, but if you get his rhythm/style down, he can (almost) run with the big dawgs. To me that's just good game design.
I said LIKE, I played Pichu more than Pikachu( Pichu's Up Smash is sexier ), I can kick ass with Pichu against some average players but against top players your chances are close to Zero. I'd would know since I play bottom tier characters Mewtwo and Bowser.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?
He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

zilla103192 wrote:well... people can change their minds...
Well, the statement was reiterated in cut material from Project G according to Gvamp in the other topic we had our DLC debate in.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.