Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
godzilla5417
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

Post by godzilla5417 »

I'd like a Godzilla video game that is a single player beat'em up or a hack & slash where the only playable character is Godzilla, but he would have a very extensive range of comobo's .Preferable produced by Capcom,Platinum games or Team Ninja.
I'am an atheist, and the closest thing to a god that I have is.......GODZILLAAAAAAAAA! :godzilla:

Little known fact, both Zilla and Shin Hangout at the same gay bar called GINO"S!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Take ideas from The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction . That would make a good Godzilla game.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I think that the reason as to why there has not been a free-roaming Godzilla game as of now is due to the fact that if there was, you could have Godzilla move to a ton of particularly sensitive locations in Japan

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

^they could always make up a city, such as Rolisica.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Just a simple melee game with all kaiju (even obscure ones) is all I need. Things like playing scenes from movies and such would be cool, but I'm pretty simple when it comes to games.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

I'd KILL for an EDF style game with Godzilla Monsters. Swap the units for G-Graspers and your set.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

We need a Friday the 13th The Game type of thing, like you play as the humans, trying to survive Toho beasties in Toho movie locations like exploring the mines from Rodan, and trying to survive cave ins, and Meganulons.
Or go to Sogell Island, and fight off normal sized Gimantises, and the gigantic Kamacuras and Kumonga.
There could be a level where Godzilla is fighting Destroyah, and mini Destroyah forms drop off onto the streets and you have to kill/survive them.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

LegendaryMonster
GPN Volunteer

Post by LegendaryMonster »

I would so love a new game like the older Godzilla games with all the classic Kaiju from those but add in The Gargantuas, M.U.T.Os, Kong (toho), Mosnterverse Kong, and the big Skullcrawler.

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

I think an LG game like the Peter Jacksons Kong game would be cool. Alternate between Lieutenent Ford and Godzilla throughout the game.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Do you think a Dynasty Warriors Godzilla game would be cool?

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Post by Dynomy-DX »

I would love to see how a Godzilla Beat-em-up could be done. Give it a more dynamic style for more moves and combo potential, and honestly, it has potential.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I'd still love for a survival Toho game where you can travel to places like the mines from Rodan, or islands from Matango, Son of Godzilla, and Ebirah, Horror of the Deep, fight off Meganulons, Gimantises, Matango, and all sorts of other creatures from Toho's stable.
Sail a boat while avoiding Ebirah or Shockirus, or the giant octopus or even Gaira.
Fight off a city infestation of Destroyah's or Meganula's. Avoid giant monsters until you can hijack weapons like the Gotengo or Super X's, lead kaiju away, or try to to drive them off with firepower. Seems like it'd be really fun if the map was almost Skyrim level, with the chance to go almost anywhere as seen from the movies
Last edited by Lain Of The Wired on Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

The Painkiller
Ronin

Post by The Painkiller »

For a fighting type of game, I think taking inspiration from the final smash idea in Super Smash Bros may be interesting. I would think maybe a meter fills up, and then the monster your playing as could have an ultimate attack, which could affect a specific direction or just a radius around the monster, inspired by abilities in the movies. Ideas I have for certain monsters: Heisei Godzilla transforms into Burning Godzilla and melts down, dealing high damage to anyone in his radius, Mothra's scale ability from 1992 (I forgot it's name), Kiryu's absolute zero cannon, ShodaiGoji somehow detonating the oxygen destroyer? They don't necessarily have to be abilities demonstrated in the movies.
My idea for a story mode would be somewhat similar to Final Wars in a way, and have every if not most kaiju in the series fight each other, like I guess all the "good" kaiju in the series defending Earth against the alien/other "evil" kaiju. Each kaiju in the story would have their own unique missions/events that may also feature missions that are the same for multiple kaiju, assuming you have some where you must work with another. Then in the end all monsters (that are still alive) would be in one gigantic battle between two sides that would basically have 30 monsters on screen at once. This is either the best idea ever, or the worst, but I'm betting on the latter.

Other than that almost everyone else has ideas that I agree with, so it'd be pointless to continue.
Last edited by The Painkiller on Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

rodan fan1956
Ronin

Post by rodan fan1956 »

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

While this is on topic per say - I have to ask you to cool down on posting your youtube links.

At this point, it's starting to become common place instead of discussion and is boarding on "Advertisement". The occasional long, 20 minute rant/discussion and you posted in the topic prior and want to wrap it up in a YT video is fine, but just a post consisting of links at this pace is going to far.

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

An In idea I had was for a turn based city/area defence game like the super Robot Wars games. But rather then 2D art you'd have 3D models.

The main focus is playing as the earth defence force. Yo control tanks, Maser Cannons, super weapons and giant mechs to fight off attacking kaiju. However it would play differently then other like it. You have a world map with set locations and it your job to monitor monster sightings and get your forces ready to count an invasion. You start out with few resources and weapons but you succeed your funding improves and you are able to better upgrade your army. You can also do special research tasks during active missions in order to gain combat data on monsters to learn their weaknesses, allowing you to develop special weapons to take them down. You can also gain better scouting equipment so you can gain more accurate intel on where a monster may make land fall which will give to time to set up better defences on the map, such as electrical fences.

The monsters all have a general threat level, anguirus and ebira are relatively easy to push back or defeat while others like Godzilla can give you a hard time even with an advanced army. Beating them is not as simple as kill them. At best you can knock them out or drive them off or at a bare minimum try to divert their course to minimise damage. Also monsters may not be alone, randome monsters can pop up and some will even have minions. Rodan and Megagerus may be accompanied by Meganula larva and adults, Godzilla may have giant sealice, Zilla may have his young and most dangerous of all space monsters may be part of an invading army! If defeated monsters will normally leave however if you can develop a Monster Island you can imprison some of the monsters capture although only a limited amount. Monster island has its own research and upgrades better allow it to contain different and more powerful monsters

But you also have giant monsters on your side to. The most common are the giant mechs these you can control like the rest of your army and can likewise be upgraded. However some have issues of their own, low level Kiryu has a high chance of going berserk for example. Good monsters like Mothra and King Ceasar can also join you although conditions must be met, Mothra will only help as long as she and you are on good terms and King Ceasar can only be awakened by finding the statue needed to summon him. Battra can also be earned but that takes a lot more hard work then Mothra. Sometimes monsters will side with you to beat a more dangerous foe or just because they'd rather fight each other which gives you an opening. You can also take control of monsters you have captured by pushing research on psychic control (like in SpaceGodzilla) although this has risks in its early stages and is the kind of choice that will put you on Mothra's bad side.

And that's the rough idea anyway.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

City Shrouded in Shadow looks neat but I think people get really excited about playing the monsters, so something that's a cross between the multiplayer fighting mechanics of the Atari games and the audio/visual quality (accurate designs, powers/abilities, music and sound FX) of the Bandai Namco game would be ideal. I don't know how possible that is, but I've seen a lot of people from hardcore fans to casual gamers reminisce fondly on DAMM and Save the Earth.

As for a roster I think the initial lineup IDW announced for their comics offers enough variety - Godzilla, Anguirus, Rodan, Mothra, King Ghidorah, Kumonga, Hedorah, Gigan, Mechagodzilla, Titanosaurus, Battra, SpaceGodzilla and Destoroyah. I would honestly keep it limited to that and focus on making each monster unique to play (and fight!).

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I think the next Godzilla game needs to go back to 2D.

MrGameguy
EDF Instructor

Post by MrGameguy »

Living Corpse wrote:I think the next Godzilla game needs to go back to 2D.
I agree, quite honestly I'll take another game like Battle Legends and Kaijuu Daikessen over the Pipeworks combat system with an actual combo system and some decent character balance.
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

MrGameguycolor wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:I think the next Godzilla game needs to go back to 2D.
I agree, quite honestly I'll take another game like Battle Legends and Kaijuu Daikessen over the Pipeworks combat system with an actual combo system and some decent character balance.
Or even 2.5D, like Mortal Kombat and Injustice. 3D models and environments but on a 2D perspective.