Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
UltimateDitto
Futurian

Re: Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

Postby UltimateDitto » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:38 am

If Ebirah was in Unleashed or any pipeworks game, his design would be similar to the double smash version.

I also imagine Ebirah only being able to physically attack with his claws, since he has tiny legs. Could also his sharp 'nose' to attack as well.

Beam attack, hold z or whatever, charge animation is foam bubbling at the mouth before shooting pressurized water in a 'beam'.

Has average speed great defense, good attack. Great reach with those long claws of his.

Rage would be a bit tough, but I was thinking of a charge attack that, if caught in, continues to push the opponent in front of Ebirah while he rapidly deals damage, pushing them half way across the map, before launching them upward and striking a heavy attack before the opponent lands, sending the opponent flying.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

GojiDog
Interpol Agent

Postby GojiDog » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:23 am

Godzilla Monster of Monsters on NES was one of those games that I always felt could have been a great game and had the makings of a great game, but a few mishaps kept the quality down.

I've always kind of thought it would be cool if they kind of brought that game playback but expanded it. Larger monster cast (both enemies and playable "good" monsters) and wouldn't it be great if we got more variety with the stages (different cities, underwater levels, island levels, snowy levels, alien base levels, etc), and took advantage of the chessboard layout by having different spaces be the pathway to unlocking hidden secrets (hidden characters, power ups, etc).

I don't know, but it could be fun.
Last edited by GojiDog on Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

HillyHulk
Yin-Yang Master

Postby HillyHulk » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:37 am

Does anybody here know what "Kaiju Samurai" is? If you don't, it's basically Godzilla as a samurai. I was thinking you could make a Samurai Warriors style game based off that kind of idea. The world could be rather interesting and there could be cool ways to handle the kaiju in making them anthropomorphic warriors.
8-) ... because I can.

LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LegendZilla » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:13 pm

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:How about a Godzilla RTS game? I know we've technically had one before with the NES, but I'm talking about one for the modern era in the same vein as Warcraft or StarCraft. What factions do you think should be available? What should the campaigns be like?

Actually, that seems really obvious and probably the best idea beyond just a Kaiju fighting game. I was also actually thinking something similar to Fire Emblem.

You’d just have big maps, let’s say the size of a Japanese prefecture that has a few cities and some country side areas. You could control the military, and fight off at first things like basic weaker monsters, hordes of smaller monsters (Matango/Meganulon) or even weak aliens or some villainous humans group. You’d start out with basic units like tanks, jets and artillery, and would gradually get stronger weapons like Maser Cannons or even specialized weapons that do more damage depending on the enemy like the spike cannons from G2K or cryo tanks and beams from GVD.

Many different settings could be used, from cities, to the countryside to even the ocean where you’d need special units like submarines or battleships.

Usually at the end of each stage or campaign is a big boss monster, with things like Anguirus starting out first. You could have funds to purchase your military units, or you could invest in landscape traps, like the large electrical fences from early showa or the poison pit from KKVg. For an expensive price you could invest in a risky, but powerful one time or limited use super weapon like Oxygen Destroyer or Dimension Tide. Or, you could invest money (and in game time) to construct bigger and bigger Mecha you could unlock, like the Super X or Moguera and Mechagodzilla. You could use them for a few turns each game to fight monsters or do a good sweep of enemy forces. Maybe you could get alien tech and random drops from enemy plans to do something like upgrade MG2 into SMG.

Different level types could also have a strong monster like
Godzilla advance towards a city and you’re forced to either get rid of Godzilla (for that campaign) or basically stall or trap him before he reaches the city in order for cities to evacuate, or for things like KIryu to show up. Or use troops to lead monsters together to make them fight.

Different stages could also have secret unlockables. Like a level near the Okinawa beach from Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla where you’re fight the aliens and MG. controlling the military and Godzilla. If you blow up the mountain, king ceased could be unearthed and be unlocked to join the fray.

In alternative game modes you could play as an alien faction trying to take over earth with monsters like Godzilla or Mothra defending it and fight off world militaries.

And of course, do to the releas of monster planet, you could have a special mode that’s similar to the films, where you’re trying to reclaim the earth and fight things like Servum.

TBH now that I’m saying this I realize how perfect this would be for an actual game.

Edit: Monster X way above me pretty much has the same idea.

You would be able to play as Godzilla too right?
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

G1985
G-Grasper

Postby G1985 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:48 am

LegendZilla wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:How about a Godzilla RTS game? I know we've technically had one before with the NES, but I'm talking about one for the modern era in the same vein as Warcraft or StarCraft. What factions do you think should be available? What should the campaigns be like?

Actually, that seems really obvious and probably the best idea beyond just a Kaiju fighting game. I was also actually thinking something similar to Fire Emblem.

You’d just have big maps, let’s say the size of a Japanese prefecture that has a few cities and some country side areas. You could control the military, and fight off at first things like basic weaker monsters, hordes of smaller monsters (Matango/Meganulon) or even weak aliens or some villainous humans group. You’d start out with basic units like tanks, jets and artillery, and would gradually get stronger weapons like Maser Cannons or even specialized weapons that do more damage depending on the enemy like the spike cannons from G2K or cryo tanks and beams from GVD.

You would be able to play as Godzilla too right?

This exact idea has already been done:
Godzilla: Archipelago Shock (Sega Saturn)

Return to “Toho Video Games”