Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
User avatar
Anguirus'BiggestFan
Ronin
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:14 am
Location: A sofa, you know?

Re: Ebirah for the next game (playable) petition!

Postby Anguirus'BiggestFan » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:51 pm

Red-Death Gigan wrote:Let's show the shrimp some appreciation and get him voted in guys!

I like the idea, but that means we have to let Zilla (cough tuna-face cough) in the game. Nobody wants an impersonator in a godzilla game.

Added in 8 minutes 55 seconds:
Zilla103192 wrote:just dont let pipeworks get ahold of him as a playable character!! we will have a water spitting lobster!

At least, he WILL spit something. Anguirus is vulnerable to beams and loses the game easily.

User avatar
Living Corpse
Keizer
Posts: 8081
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

Postby Living Corpse » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:00 pm

-Actually give us a chance to invade a military/alien base and break in the hanger storing a mech like the Super-X or Mechagodzilla and destroy them before they can be activated.

- On that same token invade a base and destroy several masers/UFOs to lessen the amount that may come at you in a later stage.

-Give us the option to destroy a mind control device so Gigan and King Ghidorah end up attacking alien weapons and not just you.
Image

User avatar
Maritonic
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5183
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: UberRichNewYork

Re: Ebirah for the next game (playable) petition!

Postby Maritonic » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:24 am

Anguirus'BiggestFan wrote:
Red-Death Gigan wrote:Let's show the shrimp some appreciation and get him voted in guys!

I like the idea, but that means we have to let Zilla (cough tuna-face cough) in the game. Nobody wants an impersonator in a godzilla game.


Would love '98 Godzilla in a Godzilla game. Especially if it's a fighting game like Save the Earth. Fill up that roster with as many kaiju as possible.

What fan wouldn't want to recreate the fight from Final Wars in a Godzilla fighting game?
Last edited by Maritonic on Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image

What doesn't kill me makes me Vicious

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

MandaSaurus wrote:I think a lot of you here don't exactly know what LOGIC actually means.

User avatar
Gerdzerl
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3344
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:16 pm
Location: Inside an 80's neon space station in high orbit
Contact:

Re: Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

Postby Gerdzerl » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:35 pm

The 1998 Godzilla being playable in a new fighting game would be a dream come true, especially if he could climb up the sides of buildings.

User avatar
Anguirus'BiggestFan
Ronin
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:14 am
Location: A sofa, you know?

Re: Ebirah for the next game (playable) petition!

Postby Anguirus'BiggestFan » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:48 pm

Maritonic wrote:
Anguirus'BiggestFan wrote:
Red-Death Gigan wrote:Let's show the shrimp some appreciation and get him voted in guys!

I like the idea, but that means we have to let Zilla (cough tuna-face cough) in the game. Nobody wants an impersonator in a godzilla game.


Would love '98 Godzilla in a Godzilla game. Especially if it's a fighting game like Save the Earth. Fill up that roster with as many kaiju as possible.

What fan wouldn't want to recreate the fight from Final Wars in a Godzilla fighting game?


Well, if I recall, Zilla was removed from the game because of a negative fan reaction. I'm not saying Zilla SHOULDN'T be in the game, but I don't think he would be played very much. And I'm sure that fans would want to play as Gorosaurus or Hedorah, too. (I myself want Gorosaurus to be put in the game. I even have a move set thought out for him with wii remote and nunchuck.)

User avatar
UltimateDitto
Futurian
Posts: 1617
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

Postby UltimateDitto » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:38 am

If Ebirah was in Unleashed or any pipeworks game, his design would be similar to the double smash version.

I also imagine Ebirah only being able to physically attack with his claws, since he has tiny legs. Could also his sharp 'nose' to attack as well.

Beam attack, hold z or whatever, charge animation is foam bubbling at the mouth before shooting pressurized water in a 'beam'.

Has average speed great defense, good attack. Great reach with those long claws of his.

Rage would be a bit tough, but I was thinking of a charge attack that, if caught in, continues to push the opponent in front of Ebirah while he rapidly deals damage, pushing them half way across the map, before launching them upward and striking a heavy attack before the opponent lands, sending the opponent flying.
*MechaGoji Bro7503's Mile high quote*

"Did you really just quote ALL of that, JUST to say you didn't know there was a Lion King end credit scene ?" - Lain of The Wired
Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses

GojiDog
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 345
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:16 pm

Re: Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

Postby GojiDog » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:23 am

Godzilla Monster of Monsters on NES was one of those games that I always felt could have been a great game and had the makings of a great game, but a few mishaps kept the quality down.

I've always kind of thought it would be cool if they kind of brought that game playback but expanded it. Larger monster cast (both enemies and playable "good" monsters) and wouldn't it be great if we got more variety with the stages (different cities, underwater levels, island levels, snowy levels, alien base levels, etc), and took advantage of the chessboard layout by having different spaces be the pathway to unlocking hidden secrets (hidden characters, power ups, etc).

I don't know, but it could be fun.
Last edited by GojiDog on Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
HillyHulk
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:59 pm

Re: Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

Postby HillyHulk » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:37 am

Does anybody here know what "Kaiju Samurai" is? If you don't, it's basically Godzilla as a samurai. I was thinking you could make a Samurai Warriors style game based off that kind of idea. The world could be rather interesting and there could be cool ways to handle the kaiju in making them anthropomorphic warriors.
8-) ... because I can.

User avatar
LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4935
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: Slocan Park, British Colombia, Canada

Re: Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

Postby LegendZilla » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:13 pm

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:How about a Godzilla RTS game? I know we've technically had one before with the NES, but I'm talking about one for the modern era in the same vein as Warcraft or StarCraft. What factions do you think should be available? What should the campaigns be like?

Actually, that seems really obvious and probably the best idea beyond just a Kaiju fighting game. I was also actually thinking something similar to Fire Emblem.

You’d just have big maps, let’s say the size of a Japanese prefecture that has a few cities and some country side areas. You could control the military, and fight off at first things like basic weaker monsters, hordes of smaller monsters (Matango/Meganulon) or even weak aliens or some villainous humans group. You’d start out with basic units like tanks, jets and artillery, and would gradually get stronger weapons like Maser Cannons or even specialized weapons that do more damage depending on the enemy like the spike cannons from G2K or cryo tanks and beams from GVD.

Many different settings could be used, from cities, to the countryside to even the ocean where you’d need special units like submarines or battleships.


Usually at the end of each stage or campaign is a big boss monster, with things like Anguirus starting out first. You could have funds to purchase your military units, or you could invest in landscape traps, like the large electrical fences from early showa or the poison pit from KKVg. For an expensive price you could invest in a risky, but powerful one time or limited use super weapon like Oxygen Destroyer or Dimension Tide. Or, you could invest money (and in game time) to construct bigger and bigger Mecha you could unlock, like the Super X or Moguera and Mechagodzilla. You could use them for a few turns each game to fight monsters or do a good sweep of enemy forces. Maybe you could get alien tech and random drops from enemy plans to do something like upgrade MG2 into SMG.

Different level types could also have a strong monster like
Godzilla advance towards a city and you’re forced to either get rid of Godzilla (for that campaign) or basically stall or trap him before he reaches the city in order for cities to evacuate, or for things like KIryu to show up. Or use troops to lead monsters together to make them fight.

Different stages could also have secret unlockables. Like a level near the Okinawa beach from Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla where you’re fight the aliens and MG. controlling the military and Godzilla. If you blow up the mountain, king ceased could be unearthed and be unlocked to join the fray.

In alternative game modes you could play as an alien faction trying to take over earth with monsters like Godzilla or Mothra defending it and fight off world militaries.

And of course, do to the releas of monster planet, you could have a special mode that’s similar to the films, where you’re trying to reclaim the earth and fight things like Servum.

TBH now that I’m saying this I realize how perfect this would be for an actual game.

Edit: Monster X way above me pretty much has the same idea.


You would be able to play as Godzilla too right?
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

User avatar
G1985
G-Grasper
Posts: 1329
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:10 am

Re: Idea Thread: Toho Video Games 3.0

Postby G1985 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:48 am

LegendZilla wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:How about a Godzilla RTS game? I know we've technically had one before with the NES, but I'm talking about one for the modern era in the same vein as Warcraft or StarCraft. What factions do you think should be available? What should the campaigns be like?

Actually, that seems really obvious and probably the best idea beyond just a Kaiju fighting game. I was also actually thinking something similar to Fire Emblem.

You’d just have big maps, let’s say the size of a Japanese prefecture that has a few cities and some country side areas. You could control the military, and fight off at first things like basic weaker monsters, hordes of smaller monsters (Matango/Meganulon) or even weak aliens or some villainous humans group. You’d start out with basic units like tanks, jets and artillery, and would gradually get stronger weapons like Maser Cannons or even specialized weapons that do more damage depending on the enemy like the spike cannons from G2K or cryo tanks and beams from GVD.


You would be able to play as Godzilla too right?


This exact idea has already been done:
Godzilla: Archipelago Shock (Sega Saturn)

Image


Return to “Toho Video Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest