More Playable Super Weapons (Poll)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.

Would you like more playable super weapons in future games like the Super-X2 and Gotego?

Yes, it would add some variety!
50%
Maybe, 3D is harder then 2D so if they can pull it off....
15%
No, I just want my monsters and mechas thank you very much.
35%

Total votes: 20

Zilla103192
Keizer

Re: More Playable Super Weapons (Poll)

Post by Zilla103192 »

Living Corpse wrote:EDIT: LOL at the guy who just voted no and didn't give a reason.
People really aren't required to post if they vote...

But I voted no, I was never interested in the super weapons. I just like to kick ass as a giant monster/mech.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

I asked myself something like this recently (especially in regards to Kaiju Combat), but when I thought about it... while I love the idea of the Gotengo or any of the Super-X's being playable, I seriously doubt I'd play them myself. They'd just be there to pretty up the roster, I'd MUCH prefer to play as an actual monster.

But I certainly wouldn't be against the idea of them showing up, like how they were in Kaijuu Daikessen or Battle Legends. This gets a "Maybe" from me, though; they worked really well in 2-D, I see them having a bit more trouble being as effective in a larger 3-D environment...
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Cosbydaf
JXSDF Technician

Post by Cosbydaf »

Wouldn't mind playing as the Gotengo, but in general I'd prefer monsters.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Cosbydaf wrote:Wouldn't mind playing as the Gotengo, but in general I'd prefer monsters.
Have to agree with this.

Playing as the Super-X2 in Godzilla Battle Legends was fun, as was the Gotengo in Godzilla Destroy All Monsters... but there are a lot of monsters I would rather see put in a game before being able to play one of the "ships". The Gotengo works the best as it's the most iconic, you can pool together a decent set of moves for it, and the thing is huge.

Part of the reason why the others wouldn't be so great is that they aren't nearly as interesting compared to the kaiju, and... more to the point, they are annoying to fight against. The Super-X2 was fun to play as, but frustrating to fight with the thing being so small (and that was in a 2D environment).
If it bites... don't mess with it!