Godzilla Trading Battle

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Mr. X
Keizer

Re: Godzilla Trading Battle

Post by Mr. X »

Another shot-in-the-dark question, but I've collected sprites from nearly every Godzilla game, except for this one. Only have shitty Youtube screen-grabs. Surely there's some website with the character sprites from this game out there, right? Right? At least one of each character?

I know this is a long shot that probably won't yield any results, but I figure there's no harm in asking if anyone's seen such a place. The monsters in this game look amazing.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Post by The Godzilla King »

Mr. X wrote:Another shot-in-the-dark question, but I've collected sprites from nearly every Godzilla game, except for this one. Only have shitty Youtube screen-grabs. Surely there's some website with the character sprites from this game out there, right? Right? At least one of each character?

I know this is a long shot that probably won't yield any results, but I figure there's no harm in asking if anyone's seen such a place. The monsters in this game look amazing.
I know how to rip the sprites, I used to post them on Deviantart before. I can extract them and send them to you, but it'll take some time to get all of them.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

The Godzilla King wrote:
Mr. X wrote:Another shot-in-the-dark question, but I've collected sprites from nearly every Godzilla game, except for this one. Only have shitty Youtube screen-grabs. Surely there's some website with the character sprites from this game out there, right? Right? At least one of each character?

I know how to rip the sprites, I used to post them on Deviantart before. I can extract them and send them to you, but it'll take some time to get all of them.
Somebody already said they were going to get them for me. I greatly appreciate the offer, though, means a lot. :D
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by American Godzilla »

If someone does know how to rip the sprites/stills/etc of the kaijus from this cool game (still baffled as to why it wasn't released in USA) then can someone rip the 1998 Godzilla? From the pics and videos I've seen the creators of that game has made the most accurate 98Gojira drawing I've seen.
I'm a believe of God and Jesus Christ my saviour and not afraid to say so.
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Which Godzillas are these?

The one on the left is clearly an early Heisei Godzilla, but which one? I've seen people say Bio-Goji but it looks more like Ghido-Goji to me.

I was never entirely sure on who the one on the right was. One of the late 90's, but again I don't know which specifically.
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Mr. X wrote:Which Godzillas are these?

http://s26.postimg.org/8qnbuvt1l/gtb2.png

The one on the left is clearly an early Heisei Godzilla, but which one? I've seen people say Bio-Goji but it looks more like Ghido-Goji to me.

I was never entirely sure on who the one on the right was. One of the late 90's, but again I don't know which specifically.
Gonna put my vote in for 1991 and 1994.

The one on the left looks too thick to be BioGoji.

And you don't see the 92-93 suits being used too often when it comes to stuff like that. 94 is usually the suit we see.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Zilla103192 wrote:

Gonna put my vote in for 1991 and 1994.

The one on the left looks too thick to be BioGoji.

And you don't see the 92-93 suits being used too often when it comes to stuff like that. 94 is usually the suit we see.
That's what I was leaning towards, on both counts. The bigger chest and head made me think '91 on the left one. But the other I was torn between '92 and '94. I've leaned towards '94 due to the striking resemblance to the Burning G in the game. Heck, might even be Adult Junior. ;)
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Do BioGoji and G1984 share the same roars? If they do, then it would be a tell (the left one has G1984's roar, while the right one has GhidoGoji's).

Likewise, I'm pretty sure the card art for the left Godzilla is BioGoji as well: Image

Yeahh, the model and art don't look very similar, but quite a few of the in-game models are pretty... hit or miss, like Gabara.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

BurningGMK54
Monsterland Worker

Post by BurningGMK54 »

The one on the right is definitely MogeGoji. One of this Godzilla's special attacks is the Spiral Ray which rules out GhidoGoji and BatoGoji and leaves RadoGoji and MogeGoji. What makes it clear that it's MogeGoji and not RadoGoji is the fact that this Godzilla can also turn into Burning Godzilla temporarily. That's why this Godzilla's sprite looks so much like Burning Godzilla.

Proof:
Press the magical button and...
Voila!

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

I can't even figure out how to play the damn game, let alone how to make Godzilla go burning. lol
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Zilla103192 wrote:I can't even figure out how to play the damn game, let alone how to make Godzilla go burning. lol
The monsters gain EXP for every enemy monster they defeat. Gain enough EXP and grow enough levels, and your kaiju "evolves". I remember Mothra Imago and Fire Rodan being fairly easy to get to, I think by my 2nd battle they'd transformed into their final states. So I'm guessing Burning Godzilla probably requires leveling that MogeGoji to a pretty high level.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

BurningGMK54
Monsterland Worker

Post by BurningGMK54 »

GigaBowserG wrote: The monsters gain EXP for every enemy monster they defeat. Gain enough EXP and grow enough levels, and your kaiju "evolves".
Actually the monsters earn EXP just by doing damage, doesn't matter if they defeat the kaiju they're against as long as they themselves don't die. Half of my kaiju leveled up without even defeating their opponents.
GigaBowserG wrote: I remember Mothra Imago and Fire Rodan being fairly easy to get to, I think by my 2nd battle they'd transformed into their final states. So I'm guessing Burning Godzilla probably requires leveling that MogeGoji to a pretty high level.
Nope, Burning Godzilla's ready to go the moment MogeGoji's on the field. When you go into that "mode" where you can move your kaiju, there will be an extra button to turn into Burning Godzilla when you select MogeGoji. It's not permanent because when the duel is over Burning Godzilla will change back into MogeGoji. Burning Godzilla's so far the oddest character in the game. I honestly don't think you can actually obtain him on his own or evolve into him permanently.

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

BurningGMK54 wrote:
GigaBowserG wrote: The monsters gain EXP for every enemy monster they defeat. Gain enough EXP and grow enough levels, and your kaiju "evolves".
Actually the monsters earn EXP just by doing damage, doesn't matter if they defeat the kaiju they're against as long as they themselves don't die. Half of my kaiju leveled up without even defeating their opponents.
GigaBowserG wrote: I remember Mothra Imago and Fire Rodan being fairly easy to get to, I think by my 2nd battle they'd transformed into their final states. So I'm guessing Burning Godzilla probably requires leveling that MogeGoji to a pretty high level.
Nope, Burning Godzilla's ready to go the moment MogeGoji's on the field. When you go into that "mode" where you can move your kaiju, there will be an extra button to turn into Burning Godzilla when you select MogeGoji. It's not permanent because when the duel is over Burning Godzilla will change back into MogeGoji. Burning Godzilla's so far the oddest character in the game. I honestly don't think you can actually obtain him on his own or evolve into him permanently.
Most correct, but Burning G does not change back necessarily. He only changes back if we tell him to. Pretty useful if he's low on health and you wanna boot his fat ass outta the game and free up some space for fresh combatants. But, I think there's two versions of the game whose difference I can only tell by the "It was born in Hollywood..." cinematic as there's one in YT that's different from mine. Not sure if this difference might be accounting for the behavior you're explaining.

Also, Burning G is obtainable. You have to bring him to your deck (via piece-removal event cards) and discard him. Once that happens, I think a glitch occurs and he's in your deck when the match concludes and you're in the deck menu. Sometimes happens, sometimes doesn't.

BurningGMK54
Monsterland Worker

Post by BurningGMK54 »

NoName wrote: Most correct, but Burning G does not change back necessarily. He only changes back if we tell him to. Pretty useful if he's low on health and you wanna boot his fat ass outta the game and free up some space for fresh combatants. But, I think there's two versions of the game whose difference I can only tell by the "It was born in Hollywood..." cinematic as there's one in YT that's different from mine. Not sure if this difference might be accounting for the behavior you're explaining.
That's probably the case because whenever a match ends he always changes back for me. Didn't know that I can change him back during a match.
NoName wrote: Also, Burning G is obtainable. You have to bring him to your deck (via piece-removal event cards) and discard him. Once that happens, I think a glitch occurs and he's in your deck when the match concludes and you're in the deck menu. Sometimes happens, sometimes doesn't.
Thanks for the tip! Just tried it out and I got it to work but it turned out differently then I thought it would. Instead of replacing my MogeGoji with BG, it separated them. Burning Godzilla was in the deck menu but he wasn't equipped and the MogeGoji I used to get BG was unaffected. Is the glitch supposed to work like that or did I get lucky?

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

BurningGMK54 wrote:
Thanks for the tip! Just tried it out and I got it to work but it turned out differently then I thought it would. Instead of replacing my MogeGoji with BG, it separated them. Burning Godzilla was in the deck menu but he wasn't equipped and the MogeGoji I used to get BG was unaffected. Is the glitch supposed to work like that or did I get lucky?
No, this is exactly how it works. I don't even think its a glitch because the creators might have expected players to somehow obtain Burning G to complete the Album. Though he can be won in the dual mode.

American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by American Godzilla »

Seeing as I've never played this cool looking game, I have two questions...

1: How does the 1998 Godzilla compare to the 1994 Gojira (offensively, defensively, and in general overal play)?

2: Any chance of a fan-made English edition of this game?
I'm a believe of God and Jesus Christ my saviour and not afraid to say so.
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

American Godzilla wrote:Seeing as I've never played this cool looking game, I have two questions...

1: How does the 1998 Godzilla compare to the 1994 Gojira (offensively, defensively, and in general overal play)?

2: Any chance of a fan-made English edition of this game?
#2, sadly no. The game *does* have some kind of story, and is very dialogue-heavy during the story scenes. There's also translating the monster cards themselves... While the attacks wouldn't be a big issue, each card is featured in an album/database with pretty lengthy descriptions. And the Japanese in-game text is kind of hard to read due to how pixelated the font is.

#1, I haven't gotten too far in the game myself, but G1998 was one of my first monsters... and was easily one of the strongest in my deck. He was my go-to whenever I had him in my hand or on the field. Naturally, he's not too good at taking hits, but makes up for it by being surprisingly great offensively. That gas breath is destructive :P
/crawls back under rock

Gojira tai Mosura
G-Grasper

Post by Gojira tai Mosura »

It's a pretty fun game, but some sprites and sound effects are absolutely awful. Same goes for the Godzilla March they play. Just bad.
That and it's difficult to even understand what you're doing because everything is in Japanese. But sometimes I end up having a ton of fun even though I'm just randomly doing things for the most part.
Also, is it just me, or are some of the monsters not even related to Godzilla? I saw something that looked like Dogora once.

To answer the "Who is the second Godzilla question":
Mr. X wrote: Which Godzillas are these?

They're both GhidoGoji, but the one on the right is just one with the Spiral Atomic Breath. Even has the same roar.
Or it really is MogeGoji and Toho decided they preferred the classic '89/'91 roar for Heisei Godzilla... before throwing that out the window with Burning Godzilla.
Gojira Tai Mosura: Clumsiest Toho Kingdom Member Ever.
I disappear for fifteen thousand minutes, come back for two seconds.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Gojira tai Mosura wrote:It's a pretty fun game, but some sprites and sound effects are absolutely awful. Same goes for the Godzilla March they play. Just bad.
That and it's difficult to even understand what you're doing because everything is in Japanese. But sometimes I end up having a ton of fun even though I'm just randomly doing things for the most part.
Also, is it just me, or are some of the monsters not even related to Godzilla? I saw something that looked like Dogora once.
Dogora is just one of many playable non-Godzilla monsters in the game.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Going to revive an old thread.

Recently found some new sprites from this game, including the characters from the story mode. Never played the game and only seen some walkthroughs, but I haven't seen some of these characters before - in the game or otherwise. Long story short - can anybody identify/name any of these guys?

Most are probably original characters, like the whole top row, but beyond that? Some are obvious, like the Godzillas and a lot of alien races including Xiliens, Muans, Mysterians, Mechagodzilla's space monkeys, and more - I think I even see the very obscure Commander Hell? - but I don't know about a lot of others, like if the swirly-glasses dude is meant to be a Space Hunter Nebulan alien. Likewise, is patchy supposed to be an older Serizawa? Why is Mr. T in a Godzilla game? I have many questions, comparatively few answers.