Favorite Godzilla Video Game

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Gigan X3
Futurian

Re: Favorite Godzilla Game

Post by Gigan X3 »

JVM wrote:M'kay. Which one IS then?
All the NES Godzilla games are worse.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?
He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Aw, I like those games :? But then again...nostalgia is a powerful thing. Both games are quite monotonous though, especially Godzilla 2.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Toxic Toast
Monsterland Worker

Post by Toxic Toast »

zilla103192 wrote:this one is...

I'm gonna have to agree. It's too bad all that dot art went to waste on this disaster.
Mothra's promise: "As long as you remain friends of the the Earth, then Mothra will remain your ally."

gojiguy
Monsterland Worker

Post by gojiguy »

Goji wrote:I tried to find the Xbox port of DAM:M for months, and was never able to. Now Gamestop stopped carrying Xb(1) games, so I doubt I'll ever get it now. (No way I'm going to ebay that game, shipping and all; no thanks). I did always want to see how Kiryu was different in that game, compared to STE. That's my biggest curiosity.
yeah, on ebay the xbox version is kinda expensive. like, 30 dollars is the cheapest i could find with shipping included. Maybe it was produced in lower quantities?

However, the version I'm most interested in is the Japanese gamecube version. It has Kiryu, Japanese voice work, etc but its VERY hard to even find footage of this game online (the only footage online has the sound replaced with smash bros music (;-_-)). It's hard to find but I intend to get it and a freeloader some day.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP THINK I FOUND IT

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Duuuuude, if that's the case, you SO have to bring that to G-fest :D
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Toxic Toast wrote:
zilla103192 wrote:this one is...

I'm gonna have to agree. It's too bad all that dot art went to waste on this disaster.
wait... what do you agree with and whats the disaster?
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Gigan X3 wrote:
Monster of Monsters is the best Godzilla game. And I love the system in Godzilla 2, except the bomb.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

JVM wrote:
Gigan X3 wrote:
Monster of Monsters is the best Godzilla game. And I love the system in Godzilla 2, except the bomb.
Godzilla Monster of Monsters is not only one of the blandest and most repetitive games I've ever played but it also has a very lame soundtrack. I like Godzilla 2 though.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Save the Earth for me. Sad to say that this one had so much things planned for it that were cut. :cry: And Goji, try to find a game store around you that specializes in older games. The place where I get most of my Xbox games is Play N Trade.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Gigan X3 wrote:
Godzilla Monster of Monsters is not only one of the blandest and most repetitive games I've ever played but it also has a very lame soundtrack. I like Godzilla 2 though.
GMoM isn't bland or repetitive. The fight system is great for the time and the destruction scenes are the only real destruction levels we've ever had.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

JVM wrote:
Gigan X3 wrote:
GMoM isn't bland or repetitive. The fight system is great for the time and the destruction scenes are the only real destruction levels we've ever had.
Hell No, it's not great for its time, specially not 2 years after Street Fighter was released!
The only decent thing about it is the sprites which are pretty cool, but the stages are repetitive, the system is limited and the odd timer doesn't help.

With so little to do, it's far, FAR from being the best, Domination's better. You can destroy, have more than 3 moves, can select between 6 characters and has awesome artwork.
Chris55 wrote:

Toxic Toast
Monsterland Worker

Post by Toxic Toast »

JVM wrote:
Gigan X3 wrote:
Give Godzilla Generations a try. It's nothing but destruction levels.

I'm not sure I'd even say Monster of Monsters has destruction levels, though. You don't trash cities, just move to the right and destroy or avoid enemies, like tons of NES side-scrollers.
Mothra's promise: "As long as you remain friends of the the Earth, then Mothra will remain your ally."

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

guys... let him go. he's obviously trolling.

how can ANYBODY say that this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjS2ebKo ... re=related

is at all remotely close to being more fun then this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ2ehp19g-c
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

Hahahahahaha! That made my night.
Chris55 wrote:

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

WooHoo!

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

zilla103192 wrote:guys... let him go. he's obviously trolling.

Take a look around here and here

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

JVM wrote:
zilla103192 wrote:guys... let him go. he's obviously trolling.

Take a look around here and here
Thanks, You proved nothing again!
Chris55 wrote:

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

^ yea... even through the entire first page, everyone said either STE or Unleashed

Darth Calypso
Gotengo Officer

Post by Darth Calypso »

I'm at a tie between DAMM and STE.

Edit: I didn't really like GU mostly because of the short movies in the story mode were alot like Twisted Metal 2 while in STE the intro movie alone was better than that and because GU was only on 1 of the the 3 major game systems.(Wii,Xbox 360, and PS3)
Last edited by Darth Calypso on Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Think With Your Dipstick Jimmy
My edited images, drawings, music, and SFX

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Should add this link as well.