Kaiju Combat - Too Big to Fail!

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
MrGameguycolor
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: Kaiju Combat - Too Big to Fail!

Postby MrGameguycolor » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:18 pm

Showa Gyaos wrote:They're going to need a new antagonist, then.

Bingo.
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

A guy named Peter who is part guy, part game
But 100% Mecha Kaiju Monster

Fear me, I am MattG

https://fat.gfycat.com/DisgustingIdealJay.webm

Living Corpse
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Living Corpse » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:07 pm

Even if this game came out and ended up being a lot of fun, I will be sorely pissed Nemesis and Nemsis Prime are not in it.
Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Postby Showa Gyaos » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:15 pm

It's not coming out at this point. It's been four years and two skreeonking months since the second Kickstarter campaign succeeded.

Development wasn't focused enough. Kaijuland Battles was messed around with for too long, and the constant need for community involvement may have slowed down the process.

It probably would have been easier to do if they'd tried to make a small kaiju fighter that--depending on sales--could be built upon in future installments.
Shhh! The Octopus wrote:Brie Larson could be the Susan Watson character of the film and could warn him. She could say

Koooooooooooong. Duck Koooooooooong. Watch out for his radiation breath Koooooooooooooooong.

KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!!!
Lain Of The Wired
Keizer

Postby Lain Of The Wired » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:22 am

It's a kickstarter that truly ran away with peoples money and it's a crying shame. I remember being a strong supporter of this game a long time ago, but as time went on, Simon just kept rubbing me the wrong way. It seemed like everywhere, he was running into a problem. And people were constantly asking for progress to be shown, and Simon always weasled out of showing anything off.
Eh, at least I got one of my monsters made into a card, even though no one will remember this failed trainwreck in 4 years, it's still pretty cool.

Anyone remember the mess surrounding a backer early on who was supposed to have pledged a shitton of money, then bailed or something? He had a Kaiju that I can't remember its name for the life of me... But anyway, since I had first heard that story of large sums of pledge money going missing, I knew this game would be doomed

Added in 7 minutes 40 seconds:
Kaidra! It was called the Kaidra incident.

Added in 4 minutes 9 seconds:
Simon wrote...
We're calling this "The Kaidra Incident." A member of the Kaiju community - "Blackout" - has this character named Kaidra. People love the character. Blackout was paying $500 in the first kickstarter to have Kaidra put into the game. This time around, he wasn't able to afford it. (He still had a smaller pledge)

Around December 5th, we had a random $10,000 pledge. The backer wrote a cryptic message : "this is for Kaidra, from his fans." I contacted the backer, and he said that he had pooled together money from a bunch of Blackout's friends to make a big pledge. A few days later, a second $10,000 pledge came in.

The community was very excited - and we had some votes on how to handle it.

Then yesterday, as you know, both $10,000 pledges disappeared. Blackout was initially uncommunicative, but has since come forth with "I don't know what happened - I thought the money was all taken care of..."

We have no solid information, but probably one of a few things is going on here:

1 - Blackout made these fake pledges - possibly thinking that they would be symbolic (because he thought we wouldn't meet our goal) or thinking that they would help encourage other investors.

2 - Blackout is telling the truth, and a friend of his made these pledges. In that case the pledges were probably insincere - for one of the same two reasons. Big difference between this and case #1? In this case Blackout feels like total crap.

3 - Everyone is telling the truth, and the money will be re-pledged.

I have a personal opinion about which of these is more likely, but it doesn't really matter. Whether or not we get mad at anyone doesn't change the fact that we're still promoting Kaiju Combat, and we're still going to get it funded. We can deal with the fallout of Blackout's relationship with the community later.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:
ArchdukeSquidlyIII
Interpol Agent

Postby ArchdukeSquidlyIII » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:15 am

At least we still have the trading cards!
/s
Something.
MM Raids Again
Ban Probation

Postby MM Raids Again » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:26 pm

So, I'm just going to say it. After looking up some of the Duncan artwork, I can safely say I am glad this project is effectively dead. The fact that trash was starting to bleed into the genre/fandom is abso-damn-lutely disgusting.
Did you miss me?

The Official Toho Kingdom SHMA Survey
Vote for your 15 most desired kaiju!
We'll narrow it down to 10!
Have your voice be heard!

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26085
Chris55
Super Nintendo Chalmers

Postby Chris55 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:10 pm

2/12/2017 is the 5 year anniversary of the Skype call that started this game. Weird.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.
Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Postby Showa Gyaos » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:17 am

Simon is planning to reboot the forums.

But will anybody care?

http://kaijucombat.com/community/index. ... nch.22155/
Shhh! The Octopus wrote:Brie Larson could be the Susan Watson character of the film and could warn him. She could say

Koooooooooooong. Duck Koooooooooong. Watch out for his radiation breath Koooooooooooooooong.

KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!!!
Scarlet Spider
Interpol Agent

Postby Scarlet Spider » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:47 pm

Nah, not really.
ArchdukeSquidlyIII
Interpol Agent

Postby ArchdukeSquidlyIII » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:34 pm

MM Raids Again wrote:So, I'm just going to say it. After looking up some of the Duncan artwork, I can safely say I am glad this project is effectively dead. The fact that trash was starting to bleed into the genre/fandom is abso-damn-lutely disgusting.

Oh God, why did I have to look it up for myself? Just absolutely sickening.
Something.

Return to “Toho Video Games”