How did you first get into Godzilla?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Tatsunoshi
Monsterland Worker

Re: How did you first get into Godzilla?

Post by Tatsunoshi »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:
Tatsunoshi wrote: Probably the coolest viewing experience was going to the drive-in in 1965 to see Ghidrah The Three-Headed Monster and having my dad buy us all the promo Ghidrah cardboard masks they were selling.
What did they look like?
It's a 2-D flat diecut mask featuring Ghidrah's three heads. You wore it with the middle one attached to your head with a 'rubber band' strap. The other two heads are drawn to be looking towards the sides and are attached to the middle head by necks that had "GHIDRAH" written on each (in a "Misfits" kind of font)-it's pretty wide. It's mostly bright green with 'negative' white spaces for the horns and teeth, with red for the inside of the mouths, the lettering, and around the eyes. Vicious looking for its day and gave a really weird effect when worn. When I go back to Japan I'll take a couple of shots.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:
Tatsunoshi wrote: Probably the coolest viewing experience was going to the drive-in in 1965 to see Ghidrah The Three-Headed Monster and having my dad buy us all the promo Ghidrah cardboard masks they were selling.
What did they look like?
Found this:

Tatsunoshi
Monsterland Worker

Post by Tatsunoshi »

Glad to see the Twin Drive-in wasn't price gouging; the masks were selling for ten cents each, which is probably what it cost them (if they only bought 100).

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

KaijuFiend wrote:
M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:
What did they look like?
Found this:
http://40.media.tumblr.com/1335879b2505 ... o1_500.jpg
Now that's a mask if I ever found one. :P
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.