G-FEST

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Bret
G-Grasper

Re: G-FEST

Post by Bret »

Correction on Maryland being the most boring state. Thats false. PENNSYLVANIA is the most boring state.
Apparently SWTOR said that I can invite 25 people for a 7 day trial of the game. PM me if interested.

CheetoKamper
G-Force Personnel

Post by CheetoKamper »

Bret wrote:Correction on Maryland being the most boring state. Thats false. PENNSYLVANIA is the most boring state.
It seems like the further noth and east you go the more boring things get. Save for a few places.
He musta thought it was a gun!
I liked Giant Condor and Gabara before it was cool to just sayin.
Shadow arena record (5-3)

KaneLocke
EDF Instructor

Post by KaneLocke »

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Legion1979 wrote:You'll all go when you grow up. Don't worry. ;)
I'm pretty sure almost 20 counts as grow up.
No, no it doesn't.
Proud father, husband, and son.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Maryland can't be as dull as West Virginia. I love my state and its people, but there isn't much to do around here. :(
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

You people obviously never been to Iowa. Talk about DFE around here.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

One of these days I'll make it to G-Fest one of these days.

Michigan is an awesome state to live in there's always plenty to do in all seasons.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Cinematic Kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by Cinematic Kaiju »

Hey guys just a heads up.. registrations have opened for G-Fest this summer. If you registed by end of February you'd be paying $35 rather than $40 (yeah i know 5 isnt much but still! its a little u can save.). I just bought my tickets and I reserved me and my buds hotel room. I cannt deny that i am excited for this, this being my very first G-Fest and all :)

How much do ya guys usually spend when it comes to G-Fest? whats the most you've ever spent?
"The only sensible way to live in this world is WITHOUT rules."
-The Joker
Heath Ledger

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Maryland really isn't that boring. You guys have Washington, D. C. like right next door, and it used to belong to you, and God knows the worst shit in the country goes down there.

Chicago was pretty boring until I found G-Fest.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Um..what? Do you live in MD ; how exactly would you know what it's like? I've lived here for 19 years, and the people are what really kill this place (D.C. included). Also, you can only go downtown so many times before it gets stale. That's common sense.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Cinematic Kaiju
Interpol Agent

They have announced the names for G-Fest 18 in July...

Shinji Higuchi is a director and special effects director most known for his incredible work on the Hei Sei Gamera trilogy from 1995 to 1999. He started out as one of the founding members of the anime studio Gainax, lending his writing, art direction, and story boarding skills to the popular series Neon Genesis Evangelion. In 2001 he contributed FX supervision for Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack. Mr. Higuchi made his directorial debut in 2005 with the release of the Science Fiction/World War II epic: Lorelei. Since then, he has also directed the remake of the classic Toho disaster film: Sinking of Japan, and The Last Princess, a re-telling of Akira Kurosawa’s The Hidden Fortress.

Hiroyuki Watanabe is an actor who made his Tokusatsu debut with Ultraman Gaia in 1998, portraying commander Akio Ishimuro. He then played Yutaka Hirose in Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack in 2001. Mr. Watanbe most recently appeared as Kamen Rider Gaoh in the Kamen Rider Den-O series and movie.

Hiroshi Sagae is a master maquette sculptor, and model maker for the film and toy collectibles industries. He has contributed maquette sculpts and miniature work for numerous modern-day Godzilla and Gamera films. Mr. Sagae is quite famous for sculpting likenesses of actors and actresses, and most recently sculpted Batman for Kaiyodo’s Sci-Fi Revoltech line.

Yoshikazu Ishii was the first assistant director of special effects on Godzilla: Final Wars. He last visited G-FEST XII in 2005, when he was presented with The Mangled Skyscraper Award. We are pleased to have Mr. Ishii return again for this year’s convention.

Robert Scott Field
- The star of Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah, Scott has become an integral part of G-FEST since he first attended in 1999. Each year, G-FEST attendees look forward to renewing their friendship with Scott, and hearing about the latest happenings in the Land of the Rising Sun.

G-FAN editor J.D. Lees will be present at G-FEST XVIII all weekend.
-The Joker
Heath Ledger

gpulse90
G-Force Personnel

Post by gpulse90 »

JVM wrote:Maryland really isn't that boring. You guys have Washington, D. C. like right next door, and it used to belong to you, and God knows the worst shit in the country goes down there.
Getting shot isn't fun. Trust me being in DC with my cousins, you gotta stay in a group, or know people. Cause the sh¡t that goes down there is NOT fun, exciting, but not fun. Too many tourists in one side, and too much troubled sh¡t, on the other side, in DC.
And yes, living in Maryland, is totally boring.
I've been listening to my gut since I was 14 years old, and frankly speaking, I've come to the solution that my guts have sh¡t for brains!

Check out Yamato(it's still developing!) viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4984

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

gpulse90 wrote:
JVM wrote:Maryland really isn't that boring. You guys have Washington, D. C. like right next door, and it used to belong to you, and God knows the worst shit in the country goes down there.
Getting shot isn't fun. Trust me being in DC with my cousins, you gotta stay in a group, or know people. Cause the sh¡t that goes down there is NOT fun, exciting, but not fun. Too many tourists in one side, and too much troubled sh¡t, on the other side, in DC.
And yes, living in Maryland, is totally boring.
Yep, you nailed it. D.C.=Not that great (and fairly dangerous in many parts) and Maryland=boring as hell.
Legion1979 wrote: And seriously, they need to get those film screenings out of the damn theater.
I meant to write to J.D. about how inexcusable it was that ALL of the films screened were DVD's (considering they're all available for screenings from Toho themselves), but never made the time to do so. After seeing beautiful prints of DESTROY ALL MONSTERS and GODZILLA VS. GIGAN in 2008, it was unfortunate to see J.D. settle for the easy way out. Don't hype up these double features if they're going to be nothing more than DVD's projected onto a giant movie screen. That's just wrong, IMO.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Cinematic Kaiju
Interpol Agent

Original prints would be nice, the only original print I've seen on the big screen was Gojira back in 2005 I believe. But, I don't care if they're projected from DVD or not, I love to see the BIg G on the big screen, that's all that matters to me.
-The Joker
Heath Ledger

gpulse90
G-Force Personnel

Post by gpulse90 »

Chris55 wrote:
gpulse90 wrote:
Getting shot isn't fun.

And when did you get shot?

My friend did. And by the look of his face before they took him away, you could tell.
I've been listening to my gut since I was 14 years old, and frankly speaking, I've come to the solution that my guts have sh¡t for brains!

Check out Yamato(it's still developing!) viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4984

Cinematic Kaiju
Interpol Agent

Legion1979 wrote:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:Original prints would be nice, the only original print I've seen on the big screen was Gojira back in 2005 I believe. But, I don't care if they're projected from DVD or not, I love to see the BIg G on the big screen, that's all that matters to me.
And that's probably why they'll keep doing it, because your opinion is probably the majority opinion.
Yeah, probably. Should start up a petition or something for original prints. I'd be all for it.
-The Joker
Heath Ledger

hammysammy59
G-Force Personnel

Post by hammysammy59 »

Original prints would be cool and all, but considering I've never seen a Godzilla movie in a theatrical setting--and I probably never will outside of G-Fest--the opportunity to do so is extremely exciting.
Haters gonna hate

DaiKamonohashi
Interpol Agent

Post by DaiKamonohashi »

hammysammy59 wrote:Original prints would be cool and all, but considering I've never seen a Godzilla movie in a theatrical setting--and I probably never will outside of G-Fest--the opportunity to do so is extremely exciting.
Yeah, it's great the first year regardless of whether it's a print or a DVD projection just because you're so caught up in the wonder of it all.

But at least for my group of friends that wonder has more than worn off by the third year and we strongly desire higher-quality screenings. Otherwise, why don't we just plug our computer into the big screen TV at the hotel and watch our own movies there? It's cheaper and the picture won't look as fuzzy!

Eunectes
Gotengo Officer

Post by Eunectes »

Cinematic Kaiju wrote:They have announced the names for G-Fest 18 in July...

Shinji Higuchi is a director and special effects director most known for his incredible work on the Hei Sei Gamera trilogy from 1995 to 1999. He started out as one of the founding members of the anime studio Gainax, lending his writing, art direction, and story boarding skills to the popular series Neon Genesis Evangelion. In 2001 he contributed FX supervision for Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack. Mr. Higuchi made his directorial debut in 2005 with the release of the Science Fiction/World War II epic: Lorelei. Since then, he has also directed the remake of the classic Toho disaster film: Sinking of Japan, and The Last Princess, a re-telling of Akira Kurosawa’s The Hidden Fortress.

Hiroyuki Watanabe is an actor who made his Tokusatsu debut with Ultraman Gaia in 1998, portraying commander Akio Ishimuro. He then played Yutaka Hirose in Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack in 2001. Mr. Watanbe most recently appeared as Kamen Rider Gaoh in the Kamen Rider Den-O series and movie.

Hiroshi Sagae is a master maquette sculptor, and model maker for the film and toy collectibles industries. He has contributed maquette sculpts and miniature work for numerous modern-day Godzilla and Gamera films. Mr. Sagae is quite famous for sculpting likenesses of actors and actresses, and most recently sculpted Batman for Kaiyodo’s Sci-Fi Revoltech line.

Yoshikazu Ishii was the first assistant director of special effects on Godzilla: Final Wars. He last visited G-FEST XII in 2005, when he was presented with The Mangled Skyscraper Award. We are pleased to have Mr. Ishii return again for this year’s convention.

Robert Scott Field
- The star of Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah, Scott has become an integral part of G-FEST since he first attended in 1999. Each year, G-FEST attendees look forward to renewing their friendship with Scott, and hearing about the latest happenings in the Land of the Rising Sun.

In July?

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Cinematic Kaiju
Interpol Agent

DaiKamonohashi wrote:
hammysammy59 wrote:Original prints would be cool and all, but considering I've never seen a Godzilla movie in a theatrical setting--and I probably never will outside of G-Fest--the opportunity to do so is extremely exciting.
Yeah, it's great the first year regardless of whether it's a print or a DVD projection just because you're so caught up in the wonder of it all.

But at least for my group of friends that wonder has more than worn off by the third year and we strongly desire higher-quality screenings. Otherwise, why don't we just plug our computer into the big screen TV at the hotel and watch our own movies there? It's cheaper and the picture won't look as fuzzy!
I understand where you are coming from and it makes complete sense. It'd be nice to see the blu-ray versions on the big screen. That'd be great!
Eunectes wrote:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:They have announced the names for G-Fest 18 in July...

Robert Scott Field

In July?

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
lol it's gonna be nice to finally meet Robert, Shinji wasnt a bad choice but i really wish they would had brought in a big name like last year, Akira Takarada. But i have no complaints, this'll be my first G-Fest and i'm gonna enjoy every second of it :)
-The Joker
Heath Ledger

DaiKamonohashi
Interpol Agent

Post by DaiKamonohashi »

Cinematic Kaiju wrote:I understand where you are coming from and it makes complete sense. It'd be nice to see the blu-ray versions on the big screen. That'd be great!
Blu-ray still wouldn't be as good as a 35mm print though. :/
Shinji wasnt a bad choice but i really wish they would had brought in a big name like last year, Akira Takarada.
Speak for yourself - Higuchi is one of my idols!