G-FEST

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
DarkLord
Monarch Researcher

Re: G-FEST

Post by DarkLord »

Cinematic Kaiju wrote:It'd be nice if we could all get together and also do dinner at dennys or something. I wonder if we'd have time to do Pacific Rim... because G-Fest starts at what? 10 or 11am? And doesn't end on Friday til around 6 or so? And then they have the movie showings of whatever Godzilla/kaiju movie they decide to play like right afterwards? I don't remember the times of when they play the films. But I'm pretty sure we could find some time to see the movie, even if its on the last day of G-Fest.

Regarding the hotel, I have to stay at Crowne Plaza because of all the merch id be lugging around. I'm always making a trip back to my room every half hr/45 mins with hands full of toys lol but when the price is split between a couple people its not that bad of a price for the weekend.

Sounds good...., and it's something we should be able to sort out as all the film showings are to be held on the Thursday, prior to G-Fest starting proper on the Friday. ;)

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I've been kicking around the idea of returning to the G-Fest fold (haven't been to one since around 2001), but probably not this Summer. The wedding and the honeymoon in Scotland will probably take up most of my vacation time this year. But we'll see...
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Cinematic Kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by Cinematic Kaiju »

Chris55 wrote:I don't know if I'll be able to go. Then again, I might just show up without saying a word to anyone.
I know how that feels man. I come out of G-Fest making maybe 1 or 2 new friends, so you'll never know!
DarkLord wrote:Sounds good...., and it's something we should be able to sort out as all the film showings are to be held on the Thursday, prior to G-Fest starting proper on the Friday. ;)
I'm sure something will be figured out. But I don't wanna miss the movies that play Friday and Saturday nights, so I might go see it as G-Fest comes to a close on Sunday. But, its still 7 months away, we'll see how things pan out.
"The only sensible way to live in this world is WITHOUT rules."
-The Joker
Heath Ledger

Cinematic Kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by Cinematic Kaiju »

I love how I walked into G-Fest this past summer and some one came up to me and was like "hey you're the guy that spent $5500 last year?" Lol I guess one can really judge a persons character while carrying multiple bags back and forth to a hotel room that's full of Godzilla merch haha.
"The only sensible way to live in this world is WITHOUT rules."
-The Joker
Heath Ledger