Two of the Big Five have never met

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
HayesAJones
Keizer

Re: Two of the Big Five have never met

Post by HayesAJones »

A team-up would be too much, but it'd be awesome if they fought.

gpulse90
G-Force Personnel

Post by gpulse90 »

Yeah, but that would kinda be disapointing. He could've replaced the Gotengo, but still, I kinda don't see MG in GFW.
I've been listening to my gut since I was 14 years old, and frankly speaking, I've come to the solution that my guts have sh¡t for brains!

Check out Yamato(it's still developing!) viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4984

Darkness
Interpol Agent

Post by Darkness »

Heisei MechaGodzilla was built using the futuristic tech from the remains of Mecha-King Ghidorah, so technically they have in some interesting way met.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

There was a rumor that Ghidorah was in Anguirus' role in the original GvMG and was actually killed by MG, I believe it was printed in a magazine ages ago. However, it's been debunked several times and it's generally believed to be an error.

Still, would've definitely showed MG's badassery, would it not?
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

hammysammy59
G-Force Personnel

Post by hammysammy59 »

Living Corpse wrote:You know what? If there is a 70th anniversary film or something then the next big thing Toho should do is make Godzilla: All Stars and have Godzilla, Mechagodzilla, King Ghidorah, Rodan and Mothra fight each other.
I really like this idea. It'd be a nice half-way point between the standard 2-4 monster movie and the big crazy "everyone but the kitchen sink" movies. Maybe Ghidorah and Mechagodzilla team against Godzilla, Mothra and Rodan?
Haters gonna hate

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Ghidorah is considered the arch enemy of Godzilla. Perhaps they thought MG would upstage the killer of planets.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Malchik
EDF Instructor

Post by Malchik »

Living Corpse wrote:You know what? If there is a 70th anniversary film or something then the next big thing Toho should do is make Godzilla: All Stars and have Godzilla, Mechagodzilla, King Ghidorah, Rodan and Mothra fight each other.
Sounds like a fan-wank. "Godzilla and Friends: See them fight yet again."

Malchik
EDF Instructor

Post by Malchik »

Hellspawn28 wrote: It could have been a mixed up with Baragon. A lot of people over the years though Anguirus' role in the movie was writen for Baragon. A few Godzilla books made the same mistake as well.
That sounds more likely.

Mini-Godzilla
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mini-Godzilla »

Mechagodzilla x Mecha King Ghidorah x Moguera x Mechanikong

There. That should please everyone.
Godzilla says I should learn to fight my own battles!

DaiKamonohashi
Interpol Agent

Post by DaiKamonohashi »

Always thought it'd be cool to see a movie with two opposing alien races invading Earth at the same time - one using Ghidrah and the other using Mechagodzilla - with Godzilla and humanity trapped in the middle.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Toho would most likely have pit the two monsters against each other. That matchup would be intense.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

hammysammy59
G-Force Personnel

Post by hammysammy59 »

Mini-Godzilla wrote:Mechagodzilla x Mecha King Ghidorah x Moguera x Mechanikong x Jet Jaguar

There. That should please everyone.
Fixed.
Haters gonna hate

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

JVM wrote:There was a rumor that Ghidorah was in Anguirus' role in the original GvMG and was actually killed by MG, I believe it was printed in a magazine ages ago. However, it's been debunked several times and it's generally believed to be an error.
Whaa..? That's the first I've ever heard of such a thing. Was this an American magazine? Because if so, I think we have our answer.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Burnbreath
Ronin

Post by Burnbreath »

Maybe send MG to repel KG but fails and the real G takes out KG. the end

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Goji wrote:
JVM wrote:There was a rumor that Ghidorah was in Anguirus' role in the original GvMG and was actually killed by MG, I believe it was printed in a magazine ages ago. However, it's been debunked several times and it's generally believed to be an error.
Whaa..? That's the first I've ever heard of such a thing. Was this an American magazine? Because if so, I think we have our answer.
I said it was debunked already :P Yeah, an American magazine shortly before the U. S. premiere IIRC. I'm searching as I speak for the topic that discussed it.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

Throw the Showa-background for MG in and do the same for Ghidorah and team the two up and pit them against the Earth Defenders (Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra, Anguiras, more?). That would be a hell of a movie
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

That is a battle I would like to see.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

MG and KG teaming up would be cool, but it may compromise the threat of either supervillain, and if you put in 4 good guy monsters, the film could become a clusterfook. I'm a little more in support of if MG and Godzilla teamed up against the grand return of an awe-inspiring planet destroyer KG. It would be particularly cool if it was Kiryu. Nothing can stand against the power of two Godzillas, not even KG!
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

Well, there are plenty of monsters as powerful as Godzilla. But the power of 2 Godzillas....that has yet to be seen.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

KaneLocke
EDF Instructor

Post by KaneLocke »

Am I the only person who would like to keep the two separate? I love both, but here's the thing: ONLY as villains.

No more heroic crap from MG. No more hero crap from KG. A team-up? HELLZ no. It would end up detracting from the power each other has. They are, without doubt, Godzilla's two greatest foes. By having them team up or even fight, one of them will, inevitably, come out looking worse, which is just unfair to both. Allow the speculation to continue. Who is the more iconic enemy? Who is the more powerful foe? These are essential debates in the fandom. By answering these questions definitively, things would only end up worse.

They've never met, and Toho is BRILLIANT for that reason.
Proud father, husband, and son.