Kaiju Fan Confessions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Post by Dracosaurian »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Dracosaurian wrote:The more I look at Anguirus, the more I don't really care for "Ankylosaur " origin/classification. If he were to return in a future film I'd like to see a different one.
Yeah there aren't many "ankylosaur" traits in his overall design, except for his tail and back armor which is more porcupine than Ankylosaur lol. I could see him with more Mammalian Reptile traits similar to the bear/eagle/komodo Legendary Godzilla. Maybe Komodo/Porcupine/Tiger? Mixing it up a bit I could totally see it.
I'm gonna lean more to him being a weird armored land crocodile like Armadillosuchus.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Dracosaurian wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Dracosaurian wrote:The more I look at Anguirus, the more I don't really care for "Ankylosaur " origin/classification. If he were to return in a future film I'd like to see a different one.
Yeah there aren't many "ankylosaur" traits in his overall design, except for his tail and back armor which is more porcupine than Ankylosaur lol. I could see him with more Mammalian Reptile traits similar to the bear/eagle/komodo Legendary Godzilla. Maybe Komodo/Porcupine/Tiger? Mixing it up a bit I could totally see it.
I'm gonna lean more to him being a weird armored land crocodile like Armadillosuchus.

Oh wow, yeah with some spikes that'd definitely be perfect.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

They'd have to change the name.
Last edited by eabaker on Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

TheDolphinKaijuGod
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheDolphinKaijuGod »

I absolutely despise redesigns that make a character like Zone Fighter or Jet Jaguar turn into some edgy Evangelion OC. I'm seeing these more and more now, and I cannot stand it.
Resized Image 

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

TheDolphinKaijuGod wrote:I absolutely despise redesigns that make a character like Zone Fighter or Jet Jaguar turn into some edgy Evangelion OC. I'm seeing these more and more now, and I cannot stand it.
The Gridman anime does an excellent job of taking a good toku design and making it a garbage Eva ripoff.

TheDolphinKaijuGod
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheDolphinKaijuGod »

UltramanGoji wrote:
TheDolphinKaijuGod wrote:I absolutely despise redesigns that make a character like Zone Fighter or Jet Jaguar turn into some edgy Evangelion OC. I'm seeing these more and more now, and I cannot stand it.
The Gridman anime does an excellent job of taking a good toku design and making it a garbage Eva ripoff.
Yeah, I absolutely hate the designs of the Gridman anime. Though the anime in general was kinda trash...
Resized Image 

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

TheDolphinKaijuGod wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
Yeah, I absolutely hate the designs of the Gridman anime. Though the anime in general was kinda trash...
Jet Jaguar could totally work as a modern Pac Rim Mech. Not so much edgy Evangelion though.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Another strange confession. In a film I'd like to see a scene of Godzilla in the process of hunting/eating a lesser monster.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Dracosaurian wrote:Another strange confession. In a film I'd like to see a scene of Godzilla in the process of hunting a lesser monster.
Check out G14 and vs. Hedorah then (although Hedorah’s not a “lesser enemy”)
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Dracosaurian wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Yeah there aren't many "ankylosaur" traits in his overall design, except for his tail and back armor which is more porcupine than Ankylosaur lol. I could see him with more Mammalian Reptile traits similar to the bear/eagle/komodo Legendary Godzilla. Maybe Komodo/Porcupine/Tiger? Mixing it up a bit I could totally see it.

Oh wow, yeah with some spikes that'd definitely be perfect.
That or a long lost predatory offshoot of the Aetosaurs.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Dracosaurian wrote:Another strange confession. In a film I'd like to see a scene of Godzilla in the process of hunting/eating a lesser monster.
But.......but...He doesnt eat nor drink...He lives by feeding on radiation...... :oops:

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

goji89 wrote:
Dracosaurian wrote:Another strange confession. In a film I'd like to see a scene of Godzilla in the process of hunting/eating a lesser monster.
But.......but...He doesnt eat nor drink...He lives by feeding on radiation...... :oops:
Godzilla eats fish :roll:
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Godzilla eats fish :roll:
:roll: .....He eats radiation. I see him him at Chipotle everyday on my way to work.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Toho has toyed around with the idea in a few scripts but it never makes it onto film. Lot's of expanded material though show Godzilla eating whales and even trees

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

The real Godzilla eats at Long John Silvers,
Roland & Emmerich says so…
#slatternking

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Bullshiit....pics or it never happened.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Godzillian wrote:
Toho has toyed around with the idea in a few scripts but it never makes it onto film. Lot's of expanded material though show Godzilla eating whales and even trees
Interesting. If I remember correctly... He did attempt to eat a whale in one of the IDW comics. But yeah, seeing Godzilla actively take down a monster like Ganimes, or Kamoebas again and feed on them afterwards would be pretty cool to see. I mean if Kong did it why not Godzilla?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I'm so adopting Anguirus being an evolved armadillosuchus as a headcanon.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:I'm so adopting Anguirus being an evolved armadillosuchus as a headcanon.
But...don't they literally identify his species in Raids?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Maritonic wrote:But...don't they literally identify his species in Raids?
Dammit!

That's a fair point. :lol:

Maybe if Anguirus gets into the MonsterVerse they could make him that incarnation an armadillosuchus TITAN or at least let people speculate what he is.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.