Kaiju Fan Confessions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Watch as the next Godzilla incarnation ends up being 600 meters tall.

Ever notice for how every Godzilla incarnation, Toho tends to make him bigger everytime. :lol:

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Watch as the next Godzilla incarnation ends up being 600 meters tall.

Ever notice for how every Godzilla incarnation, Toho tends to make him bigger everytime. :lol:
That's not entirely true considering that MireGoji in 'Godzilla 2000' was downsized from the 328 ft. height of the heisei incarnation in 'G vs. D'.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Leviarex wrote:That's not entirely true considering that MireGoji in 'Godzilla 2000' was downsized from the 328 ft. height of the heisei incarnation in 'G vs. D'.
True. I overlooked that apparently. :lol:

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

I think ShinGoji's atomic breath is the greatest of the entire franchise. Purple color aside, the sheer form and destructive power of it is brilliant. A super fine, cutting laser beam that basically flash melts anything it touches, beautiful. It's the same exact way I'll depict my own Godzilla's atomic breath.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

While I like the majority of the Heisei monsters, MechaGodzilla 2 just looks... dumb

I prefer MG1 and 3 better
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Ryguy wrote:While I like the majority of the Heisei monsters, MechaGodzilla 2 just looks... dumb

Same here. He's kind of dull. Not saying I don't like his design. Just lacking compared to 74 and Kiryu
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Ryguy wrote:While I like the majority of the Heisei monsters, MechaGodzilla 2 just looks... dumb

I personally prefer the Atari version of Mechagodzilla 2, maybe it's because the movie version is not as mobile as Showa or Kiryu?
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

-I like the songs "White Out" and "Good-Bye Godzilla".
- It's hilarious how many people can't except new things/ideas.
- I like all three (ish) new Godzillas in thier own respective ways.
- Michiru Oshima is one of my favorite Godzilla composers.
- I keep forgetting Shin's forms 2 and 3 exist.
- Godzilla vs Mothra is my second least liked Godzilla film.
- Gigan is awesome but I've noticed how he's a fan favorite but at the same time barely talked about. Obviously it's because he's not part of the Big 5 but it still seems like Toho forgets about him.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:- Godzilla vs Mothra is my second least liked Godzilla film.
Which? 64 or 92?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Maritonic wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:- Godzilla vs Mothra is my second least liked Godzilla film.
Which? 64 or 92?
Oh, definitely 1992.

I usually refer to the '64 film as Mothra vs Godzilla ;)
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Which? 64 or 92?
Oh, definitely 1992.

I usually refer to the '64 film as Mothra vs Godzilla ;)
Kinda what I figured, but didn't wanna be a snob about it haha.

Oddly enough, I'm one of the few who finds the original really overrated. Like, there's nothing WRONG with it. I just think most people hold it in such high regard due to nostalgia. Whereas I have a TON of nostalgia for the 92 film.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Maritonic wrote:Oddly enough, I'm one of the few who finds the original really overrated. Like, there's nothing WRONG with it. I just think most people hold it in such high regard due to nostalgia. Whereas I have a TON of nostalgia for the 92 film.
I think it's a great movie, but some fans seem to consider it sacrosanct.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

eabaker wrote:
Maritonic wrote:Oddly enough, I'm one of the few who finds the original really overrated. Like, there's nothing WRONG with it. I just think most people hold it in such high regard due to nostalgia. Whereas I have a TON of nostalgia for the 92 film.
I'm assuming you're referring to '64?

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Maritonic wrote:
eabaker wrote:
Oh, yes, sorry!

Though I do also have nostalgia for '92. I don't think it's a great movie, by any means, but I don't get why so many people dismiss it completely.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

eabaker wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
eabaker wrote:
Oh, yes, sorry!

Though I do also have nostalgia for '92. I don't think it's a great movie, by any means, but I don't get why so many people dismiss it completely.
Yeah, I have no real issues with '64. I get why it's so important, I respect it's position in the genre and the franchise. And I did watch it a lot as a child, so I have some nostalgic love for it. But when I rewatch the films, I see it for more of what it is than what it represents for the franchise. Again, it's great in every respect. I think some fans just over-hype it, though.

92 I just watched a lot when I was younger, but it's not particularly great. But not the worst the franchise has to offer, either.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

I'm just not huge on Mothra's '92 design. Never really liked it. Love her '64 and 2003 designs though.

The '92 Mothra film is just okay for me. Battra is really cool, and it has some great sequences like Godzilla emerging from the volcano, whichj I think is done better here than in Biollante, though I feel Biollante is a much stronger film. The plot in GvM just feels very rehashed and none of the characters really stand out to me.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Showa Anguirus and Showa Gigan are among my most favorite Kaijus ever. Anguirus has one of the most Iconic roars in the franchise second only to Godzilla, followed by Showa Ghidorah then mothra.

Genjira Overwatch
Samurai

Post by Genjira Overwatch »

Final Wars was my childhood
Kiryu is the coolest MG
I find a lot of the later Showa films corny and unbearable
Godzilla could beat the shit out of Superman.
Am I still on? Er, well, we now return you to... Whatever it was you were doing....
Idiots.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Genjira Overwatch wrote:Final Wars was my childhood
Kiryu is the coolest MG
I find a lot of the later Showa films corny and unbearable
Godzilla could beat the poop out of Superman.
How can you say GFW was unbearable but the showa films were corny and unbearable? :lol:

I remember when I was younger I absolutely loved films like Godzilla vs Gigan and Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla. When I found Godzilla Final Wars on a shelf randomly when I was younger I loved the crap out of it cause it felt at the time like a more crazy version of those films.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

Genjira Overwatch wrote:Godzilla could beat the shit out of Superman.
This isn't even an opinion. This is just straight up incorrect. Without getting into versus match speculation which I think is a waste of time, Superman has done some insane things. Godzilla's not even in the same ballpark.
Last edited by GalacticPetey on Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.