Kaiju Fan Confessions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Godzilla21
Keizer

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Post by Godzilla21 »

GalacticPetey wrote:
Genjira Overwatch wrote:Godzilla could beat the shit out of Superman.
This isn't even an opinion. This is just straight up incorrect. Without getting into versus match speculation which I think is a waste of time, Superman has done some insane things. Godzilla's not even in the same ballpark.
I agree. I love Godzilla. But he doesn't stand a chance
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Godzilla21 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:
Genjira Overwatch wrote:Godzilla could beat the poop out of Superman.
This isn't even an opinion. This is just straight up incorrect. Without getting into versus match speculation which I think is a waste of time, Superman has done some insane things. Godzilla's not even in the same ballpark.
I agree. I love Godzilla. But he doesn't stand a chance
At this point, Idc who would win. Endless fan fighting over if two made up characters can beat each other is childish and petty

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

There are different versions of the characters who would fair differently against each other. There's nothing Fleischer Superman can do against, say, Monster Planet Godzilla. But Earth-1 Superman would be a different story.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I think Oodako is a good kaiju. It's not very powerful, but I still think the giant octopus is a worthwhile kaiju.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Ivo-goji wrote:There are different versions of the characters who would fair differently against each other. There's nothing Fleischer Superman can do against, say, Monster Planet Godzilla. But Earth-1 Superman would be a different story.
Perhaps not- but oh, man, would I love to see that cartoon. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Only if it's real 2D animation this time.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Ivo-goji wrote:Only if it's real 2D animation this time.
Totally. If it's not done on the Fleischer style, I'm not on board.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Confession: both the American and Japanese titles for Ghidorah the Three-headed Monster are too much to say. It needs a more economic title. "Godzilla 5" or "Monster 0 -1".
Resized Image

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

The main problem Godzilla faces is that he would have trouble actually hitting Superman. Faster than a speeding bullet and all, you know? Superman is free to zip around and pound on Godzilla all he want, while the sluggish kaiju can only flail slowly around and hope he's lucky enough to land a hit. And even if he does, Superman just shrugs it off and comes back for more.

The obvious counterargument here is that we regularly see Godzilla shoot/swat down jets, helicopters, and fast-moving flying kaiju, but they're all far larger targets, and have to move in much more linear, predictable ways. Superman's antigravity flight allows him to move however he wants to. It'd be like an uncoordinated human trying to swat a sentient and particularly fast fly that was hitting back with a tiny but full-force sledgehammer.

Also, Oodako is absolutely a worthwhile kaiju. Random giant octopi are one of the most classic monsters in the book.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Although, to play Godzilla's Advocate, if there was any kind of film adaptation of this battle, the point would be invalid, as Superman seldom actually seems to use this speed to avoid anything. I mean, the same argument theoretically applies to Superman fighting someone like Batman... but in practice, the writers always just have Superman stand around and take punches, because while his opponent must always be fighting with peak abilities, Superman must inevitably be barely even trying, in order to make it a 'fair fight'. ;)

Maranatha!

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Ivo-goji wrote:Confession: both the American and Japanese titles for Ghidorah the Three-headed Monster are too much to say. It needs a more economic title. "Godzilla 5" or "Monster 0 -1".
Honestly, I'm the opposite. As weird as this might sound, I prefer longer titles for Godzilla films. I love how a lot of the Japanese titles are "grand" and "over-the-top". Three Giant Monsters: The Greatest Battle on Earth and Godzilla, Ebirah, Mothra: Great Duel in the South Seas are really fun titles, in my view. :P

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Gerdzerl wrote:
Ivo-goji wrote:Confession: both the American and Japanese titles for Ghidorah the Three-headed Monster are too much to say. It needs a more economic title. "Godzilla 5" or "Monster 0 -1".
Honestly, I'm the opposite. As weird as this might sound, I prefer longer titles for Godzilla films. I love how a lot of the Japanese titles are "grand" and "over-the-top". Three Giant Monsters: The Greatest Battle on Earth and Godzilla, Ebirah, Mothra: Great Duel in the South Seas are really fun titles, in my view. :P
Don't forget the new Mobile Mechanized City For The Final Battle ! :D
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I love some of those long titles. They offer a little more variety than the oft repeated G vs blank we see in English titles.

And If Godzilla was to fight a DC comic character, I'd prefer one more to his size, like Apache Chief or Giganta.
Last edited by edgaguirus on Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I’ve stopped calling Sea Monster by it’s US and International titles. Big Duel in the South Seas is too awesome to ignore.

TheRedKing1979
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheRedKing1979 »

Showa:
Hedorah is extremely boring and super overrated
GvsMG and TOMG are the best Godzilla films in the series since GTTHM

Heisei:
G85 ruined RoG. I refuse to watched G85 unless Im feeling nostalgic and Dr Pepper is on hand
GvsSG is the weakest of the series. Weaker than GvsKG. SPACE POTATOES

Millenium:
G2K is the best of the series
GMK is overrated and garbage
GFW is fun to watch but not as forgettable as Justice League (2017)

G14 is better than Shin Gojira
Member formerly known as wataru.
Proud American. Southerner. Centrist.
Godzilla vs Biollante (1989) is easily the best Godzilla movie, ever.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Godzilla vs King Ghidorah is a better film than Ghidorah The Three Headed Monster.
Resized Image

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

TheRedKing1979 wrote: G14 is better than Shin Gojira
Shots Fired :lol: .
Ivo-goji wrote:Godzilla vs King Ghidorah is a better film than Ghidorah The Three Headed Monster.
I repeat shots fired!!

(Although I agree with both statements).

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Ivo-goji wrote:Godzilla vs King Ghidorah is a better film than Ghidorah The Three Headed Monster.
I'd agree with that 100%.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

GigaGoji
GPN Volunteer

Post by GigaGoji »

I like Heisei MechaGodzilla more than Kiryu.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

GigaGoji wrote:I like Heisei MechaGodzilla more than Kiryu.
My man.

Killed Fire Rodan and Godzilla......