Kaiju Fan Confessions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Dust_pan
Futurian

Re: Kaiju Fan Coffessions

Post by Dust_pan »

I've never watched Godzilla vs Megaguirus and I don't care.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Rebirth of Mothra 4. (As long as it's a fun movie, of course)
Last edited by Dust_pan on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Q: Will we see that monster that Bryan was going to reveal this morning at the press conference?
Cranston: Oh yeah! The only Godzilla movie with an X-rating.

Megalon7
Monsterland Worker

Post by Megalon7 »

I like the Rebirth of Mothra trilogy

I like all of the Godzilla films made in the 70's

The 70's is probably my favorite decade when it comes to the Godzilla franchise, followed closely by the 60's

Jun Fukuda is probably my favorite Godzilla director, followed by Ishiro Honda

My favorite Godzilla film from Honda is probably Monster Zero or DAM

I don't think GRA really feels like a Godzilla movie

I liked Godzilla as a hero, and wouldn't mind seeing him become a hero again

I think Riichiro Manabe is underrated

I like Minya
Last edited by Megalon7 on Fri May 03, 2013 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

-- I don't like Ultraman. Tried it before. Didn't appeal to me.

-- I'm alright with Final Wars. I don't see it as a good film in the slightest, but an enjoyable affair non-the-less.

Don't think I have much more to confess. Unless you want me to list "How The Majority of TK views Godzilla" like some other people are doing. Which I don't think counts as something you need to confess.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

I've never seen Ultraman and I don't intend to.
I don't own any Godzilla DVDs.
I think Godzilla 2000 is a fantastic example of how not to do a redesign.
I don't think how 'super-duper strong edgy unbeatable badass looking' a monster is really matters.
I think human scenes are as important as the monster scenes are, if not more so.
I think the way some people here talk about Godzilla himself is pretentious as fuck.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

LaserDuel
GPN Volunteer

Post by LaserDuel »

-I can't stand the Showa Gamera films.
-I've never understood the praise Mothra Vs. Godzilla gets.
-My negative opinion of Godzilla's Revenge comes from my last viewing of the film, when I was ten.
-I think Ultraman Nexus is vastly superior to Ultraseven X, which is a pile of crap.
-When I think of Godzilla films, I don't often think about Godzilla.
-I care more about Pacific Rim than the new Godzilla film.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I probably can't name from memory more than Ten of the primary Japanese Actors/Actresses that have appeared in the Toho films over the years.
Same can be said for staff or anyone who worked behind the scens in a Godzilla film. I just rattled off 6 or 7 in my mind, but that was about it.

Of course I have a lot of referrence material, and online sources at my disposal. I wouldn't post information about a film and say "that one actor guy" etc... I'd make the effort to get the names right ;) .
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

I think GMK is way overrated and really just average

The Showa series is my least favorite Godzilla series

I enjoy Godzilla Final Wars more than any Showa film

I really enjoy Godzilla vs. Megaguirus and it could crack my top 5

That's all I can think of for now!
SA
W: 72 L: 72

Instagram: @bloodeejacobreviews

Youtube channel (TV shows, movies, games, horror in general, etc): http://www.youtube.com/c/BloodeeJacob

gojizilla97
Monarch Researcher

Post by gojizilla97 »

I don't like godzilla 1954 that mutch.

I've only seen 2 gamera movies.

I like godzillas revenge, Godzilla vs Gigan, Godzilla vs Megalon and Godzilla final wars.

I think minilla's kinda cute.

I also think Destoroyah is overrated.
Last edited by gojizilla97 on Sat May 04, 2013 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bond. James Bond.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

-I think 95% of the Showa series sucks and is extremely overrated, dont get its love, whereas I find not just Hesei but even the Millenium better, and Hesei is extremely underrated (from what I hear above me).

-I think the Godzilla Final Wars' Godzilla design is one of the best, if not, the best Godzilla design; I don't like a Godzilla with belly or even being bulky.

-I haven't seen Godzilla VS Megalon, Destroy All Monsters, and Godzilla VS Biollante so far.

-I just to like GINO, and it is what brought me into Godzilla and Giant Monsters in general, and as I got deeper into Godzilla and Giant Monsters, my love to GINO faded away and hate somehow got in.

-I have never seen a Gamera film ever, and don't paln seeing it.

-I like Godzilla Neo, they have the best Mosnter redesigns.

-I would have seen Godzilla VS Batman if it was made, even if the idea sounds ridiculous.
Yooo 8-)

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

JGAR4Entertainment wrote:-I have never seen a Gamera film ever, and don't paln seeing it.
Any particular reason why not?
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

They don't grab my attention. I'm fighting against myself to watch the loved Hesei Gamera series, but I can't!
Yooo 8-)

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

JGAR4Entertainment wrote:-I think 95% of the Showa series sucks and is extremely overrated, dont get its love, whereas I find not just Hesei but even the Millenium better, and Hesei is extremely underrated (from what I hear above me).
So in other words...

When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

MaxRebo320 wrote:
JGAR4Entertainment wrote:-I think 95% of the Showa series sucks and is extremely overrated, dont get its love, whereas I find not just Hesei but even the Millenium better, and Hesei is extremely underrated (from what I hear above me).
So in other words...

When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch
What a great post! :roll:

Seriously though, not everyone has to drool over the Showa series. I've said many times I like ALL Godzilla films to a point, Showa doesn't suck, but it's my least favorite series.
SA

Youtube channel (TV shows, movies, games, horror in general, etc): http://www.youtube.com/c/BloodeeJacob

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

MaxRebo320 wrote:
So in other words...

I'm curious how one can dismiss 95% of a series that only consists of 15 entries. Does that mean that 14.25 of them are bad? Is the remaining .75 consecutive within a single movie, or is it made up of good bits of several different movies?
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

eabaker wrote:
MaxRebo320 wrote:
So in other words...

I'm curious how one can dismiss 95% of a series that only consists of 15 entries. Does that mean that 14.25 of them are bad? Is the remaining .75 consecutive within a single movie, or is it made up of good bits of several different movies?
Wow, wait to take his different opinion and really pick it apart! :roll:

Just accept that not everyone adores the Showa series. It's my least favorite series, but I still like it and I don't think it sucks though.
SA

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

MaxRebo320 wrote:
So in other words...

WTF are you trying to say?? Are you asking if my friends thought Hesei was more fun than Showa? Well, for them, yes. My friends liked the Hesei and Millenium more than Showa. Out of the Showa, they only liked:

-Ghidorah the 3-headed monster
-Godzilla VS Mecha-Godzilla (1974)
-King Kong VS Godzilla
-Mothra VS Godzilla
-Invasion of Astro Monster

So yeah, get mad all you want, but I confess that in my opinion Showa sucks and is extremely overrated.

eabaker wrote:
MaxRebo320 wrote:
So in other words...

What I mean is most or more than half. In this case, (IN MY OPINION) In only liked Gojira, King Kong VS Godzilla, Mothra VS Godzilla, Ghidorah the 3-headed monster, and Invasion of the Astro Monster.

I guess I'm already pissing many people off already...
Yooo 8-)

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

GodzillaDude wrote:
eabaker wrote:
MaxRebo320 wrote:So in other words...

Wow, wait to take his different opinion and really pick it apart! :roll:

Just accept that not everyone adores the Showa series. It's my least favorite series, but I still like it and I don't think it sucks though.
I wasn't attempting to pick apart his opinion; it's not like he made a case and I debated it. My statement had nothing to do with his opinion. I was making a joke. You might have been able to tell from the fact that it was not a statement that anybody would ever make in earnest.
Last edited by eabaker on Fri May 03, 2013 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

JGAR4Entertainment wrote: What I mean is most or more than half. In this case, (IN MY OPINION) In only liked Gojira, King Kong VS Godzilla, Mothra VS Godzilla, Ghidorah the 3-headed monster, and Invasion of the Astro Monster.
I don't get how you could hate the 70's films for being "campy", yet like KKVG. That one is just as comedic in tone.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

MaxRebo320 wrote:
JGAR4Entertainment wrote: What I mean is most or more than half. In this case, (IN MY OPINION) In only liked Gojira, King Kong VS Godzilla, Mothra VS Godzilla, Ghidorah the 3-headed monster, and Invasion of the Astro Monster.
I don't get how you could hate the 70's films for being "campy", yet like KKVG. That one is just as comedic in tone.
Actually, unlike most of the 70s flicks, KKvsG is a film that one could argue represents something of the camp aesthetic.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

MaxRebo320 wrote:
I don't know, I just find it superior than most, you have a problem with my opinion? Is this how you usually act when someone doesn't like the Showa era?
Yooo 8-)