Kaiju Fan Confessions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Post by KaijuCanuck »

goji89 wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster is fun, but compared to everything else of that era, kinda weak.
Choose your next words wisely Canadian.
You wanna go out for a rip, bud?

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
goji89 wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster is fun, but compared to everything else of that era, kinda weak.
Sure, but lets have a dart first but I swear if you burn a hole on my shirt your face is going straight into the first snowbank I see bud.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

goji89 wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Sure, but lets have a dart first but I swear if you burn a hole on my shirt your face is going straight into the first snowbank I see bud.
Fuckin’ rights, bud! Let’s give ‘er! Afterwards we can rip on over to the hockey game and chirp the ref for not calling some of those greasy dangles.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
goji89 wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
skreeonkin’ rights, bud! Let’s give ‘er! Afterwards we can rip on over to the hockey game and chirp the ref for not calling some of those greasy dangles.
Fucking right aye. We can stop by Timmies for them Timbits, but Im kinda short a few toonies for the two-four and the mickey. I just dont want to come off as a keener bud, so we can chill on the chesterfield.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

goji89 wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
goji89 wrote:
skreeonkin’ rights, bud! Let’s give ‘er! Afterwards we can rip on over to the hockey game and chirp the ref for not calling some of those greasy dangles.
skreeonking right aye. We can stop by Timmies for them Timbits, but Im kinda short a few toonies for the two-four and the mickey. I just dont want to come off as a keener bud, so we can chill on the chesterfield.
You just googled Canadian slang, didn't you? ;)

Also - are mickey and keener Canadian slang? You guys don't say mickey and keener? Mind genuinely blown.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
goji89 wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
skreeonking right aye. We can stop by Timmies for them Timbits, but Im kinda short a few toonies for the two-four and the mickey. I just dont want to come off as a keener bud, so we can chill on the chesterfield.

Also - are mickey and keener Canadian slang? You guys don't say mickey and keener? Mind genuinely blown.
:evil: Damn right I had to google Canadian slang. I asked Alexa and she shut herself down.....I had no other option.

And we do use mickey slang for beer. "Im going out for a mickey" keener we dont use, to us it would just mean to be keen...someone who is acute and is observant.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

goji89 wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
goji89 wrote:

:evil: Damn right I had to google Canadian slang. I asked Alexa and she shut herself down.....I had no other option.

And we do use mickey slang for beer. "Im going out for a mickey" keener we dont use, to us it would just mean to be keen...someone who is acute and is observant.
Ohhhh for beer. That's crazy, I think we only use it for hard liquor. Also that's totally different for what keen means for us, it means like someone is very eager. To be a 'keener' has a negative connotation of being so eager it's annoying - also known as a 'try-hard'.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

I would like to see/hear a modern day kaiju film with a soundtrack provided by
an electronic artist like Perturbator or The Algorithm...Hell I'd even take a score
by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross at this point.

I know its tradition for kaiju films to have classical music scores...but I personally
think its time for something different & experimental.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

goji89 wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Fucking right aye. We can stop by Timmies for them Timbits, but Im kinda short a few toonies for the two-four and the mickey. I just dont want to come off as a keener bud, so we can chill on the chesterfield.
I just read this entire exchange with a Scottish accent for some reason.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Man, that post is making me miss the old Timbits Timmie Ho's used to serve. Now they're just overloaded with frosting and are such a sugary mess. Blech.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

UltramanGoji wrote:Man, that post is making me miss the old Timbits Timmie Ho's used to serve. Now they're just overloaded with frosting and are such a sugary mess. Blech.
You were a Canadian all along?
Yech.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

G2000 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:Man, that post is making me miss the old Timbits Timmie Ho's used to serve. Now they're just overloaded with frosting and are such a sugary mess. Blech.
Yech.
Nah, Western New York. Check the Location. We get a lot of crossover out this way.

And honestly, I wish I was at this point in time.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Grievous wrote:I would like to see/hear a modern day kaiju film with a soundtrack provided by
an electronic artist like Perturbator or The Algorithm...Hell I'd even take a score

I know its tradition for kaiju films to have classical music scores...but I personally
It could work. I liked that Bilusaludo's synth theme in the second anime film.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

Destorogoji wrote:
Grievous wrote:I would like to see/hear a modern day kaiju film with a soundtrack provided by

It could work. I liked that Bilusaludo's synth theme in the second anime film.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng35VDeIS8k
Hell Yeah! That was my favorite musical moment of the entire Anime trilogy.

More of that please!
Last edited by Grievous on Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

I would have shit myself if Trent Reznor or Nine Inch Nails did the Bilusaludo theme…

Here’s a confession, this is my favorite theme from the anime, I love how much it reminds me of the Biollante theme, and kinda has hints from the Attack On Titan live action- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8rGNdJH-7C4
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:I would have poop myself if Trent Reznor or Nine Inch Nails did the Bilusaludo theme…
Ewww...

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

UltramanGoji wrote:
G2000 wrote:
Yech.
Nah, Western New York.
Whew. Was worried for a second there.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Yeah, it's an average film that has a good amount of both good and bad. The good like the interactions between the characters and Ghidorah's spectacular rampage ends up getting countered by smaller things that build up, like dropped plot points, a weird interjection, Malness catching a boulder, and various effects errors. It's no Dogora but it certainly isn't as good as Mothra vs Godzilla.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:
Yeah, it's an average film that has a good amount of both good and bad. The good like the interactions between the characters and Ghidorah's spectacular rampage ends up getting countered by smaller things that build up, like dropped plot points, a weird interjection, Malness catching a boulder, and various effects errors. It's no Dogora but it certainly isn't as good as Mothra vs Godzilla.
I'd agree, and I'd also say it is the inferior to Invasion of Astro-Monster. But still notable in the history of the series for introducing Ghidorah, and also being the first to have a fight with more than two kaiju - which in 1964, probably seemed a very exciting upping of the ante to fans.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

I think Ghidrah is awesome when you consider that it was produced between August and December of 1964. :mrgreen:
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.