Kaiju Fan Confessions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Post by GigaBowserG »

MinorBone Good wrote:I really don't like Varan. He's just too bland of a kaiju for me. I personally just always just think in my head "Oh, so it's just Godzilla but with flying squirrel wings."
Not too big on Varan either, but I still need to watch his movie :P His gangling, wrinkly design is very off-putting to me. And yet his scrapped concept for GMK (with Anguirus) is one of my favorites.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I have no real feelings about Varan as a character one way or the other. His movie, for me, is possibly the most boring Toho kaiju flick ever.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

MinorBone Good wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
MinorBone Good wrote:I really don't like Varan. He's just too bland of a kaiju for me. I personally just always just think in my head "Oh, so it's just Godzilla but with flying squirrel wings."
I hate to be THAT GUY here, but have you watched Varan? Or are you basing this on his appearance in Destroy All Monsters and the video games?
I did, (To be fair it was the dubbed version and I haven't seen it in a year and a half) and I just didn't like the film. I would LOVE for Varan to come back though, as I could see a lot potential with him.

Forgive me TK Gods for I have sinned. :lol:
Nah, I mean, if you've seen his film and feel the way you do cool. I was only asking because I know I used to have an issue with Varan when all I'd seen was Destroy All Monsters, but I changed my mind when I saw Varan.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

Ok, this one may be controversial, but...

I liked Ghidorah more as hero than an antagonist.
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

ManuJM1997 wrote:I liked Ghidorah more as hero than an antagonist.
:shock:

No judgment here, but...

Wow. I think this may be a first.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

eabaker wrote:

No judgment here, but...

Tbh, in part is because GMK was the first Toho Godzilla that I watched
And ironically, my favourite Ghidorah is Grand King Ghidorah, arguably the most evil
But as a concept, good or at least Force of Nature/Cosmos Ghidorah is preferable for me than Evil Ghidorah.
Last edited by Manuelito Canelito on Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

ManuJM1997 wrote:Ok, this one may be controversial, but...

I liked Ghidorah more as hero than an antagonist.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

ManuJM1997 wrote:
eabaker wrote:

No judgment here, but...

Tbh, in part is because GMK was the first Toho Godzilla that I watched
And ironically, my favourite Ghidorah is Grand King Ghidorah, arguably the most evil
But as a concept, good or at least Force of Nature/Cosmos Ghidorah is preferable for me than Evil Ghidorah.
I gotta admit, as much as like the classic "psychotic space dragon who ruins everything lulz" Ghidorah, I've come to love GMK's take on Ghidorah. I mean we've seen other mean monsters turn into forces for good before (e.g. Anguirus, Baragon, Mechagodzilla/Kiryu) and we all know Godzilla himself has played both sides of the fence; plus, I thought it was interesting to see Godzilla and Ghidorah's roles as ruthless destroyer and determined hero turned around. I also thought that the mystical element works really for Ghidorah, too, seeing as he's based on Asian dragons and Orochi.

i.e. You're not alone, my friend!
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Also, as great as Ghidorah's introduction in GTTHM is, it can't topple this epic shit

Last edited by Manuelito Canelito on Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

In my opinion war of the gargantuas has some of thee best miniatures and camera shots in the Showa series. Im watching it now.....And I just Love how they show Gairas speed as he runs through the forests and towns also the brotherly love that is there....but in the end how Sanda comes to terms about his brother.....Its quite easily one of my favorites and probably ties 2nd place with G vs Gigan.

My dream would have been to see the Gargantuas against Godzilla.....the ruthlessness of Gaira and the strength of Sanda it would have been too epic.
Last edited by goji89 on Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jackzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by jackzilla »

I guess this fits in this topic since it is a confession of sorts...

At the start of my Sophomore Year of High School in September 2014, I told my teacher they were making Godzilla 2. I showed him an article saying GODZILLA 2 CONFIRMED. Some kid that was nearby saw it and said in a really snotty voice, "Godzilla 2? As if one wasn't enough." and sneered at me after saying it. I was wearing a Godzilla shirt at the time, so it's clear he was doing it to tick me off. So...I told him to shut the fuck up before I punch him. Aaaaaaaaand I got sent to the principals office.

To be fair...I think most people would agree this kid was being a dick and that he deserved to have some sort of comeback thrown to him.
Last edited by jackzilla on Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
LONG LIVE THE KING

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

I feel like DAM gets sadder every time I watch it. Not because the film itself is sad or anything, just knowing that it was the last big Toho kaiju film for years after it was finished and how it basically was the end of an era in film history. Gets me everytime

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

goji89 wrote:In my opinion war of the gargantuas has some of thee best miniatures and camera shots in the Showa series. Im watching it now.....And I just Love how they show Gairas speed as he runs through the forests and towns also the brotherly love that is there....but in the end how Sanda comes to terms about his brother.....Its quite easily one of my favorites and probably ties 2nd place with G vs Gigan.

My dream would have been to see the Gargantuas against Godzilla.....the ruthlessness of Gaira and the strength of Sanda it would have been too epic.
I will always love that Airport scene in that film.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Post by TheSecondComing »

jackzilla wrote:To be fair...I think most people would agree this kid was being a dick and that he deserved to have some sort of comeback thrown to him.

Yeah, but a clever one. No school is going to allow profanity, especially right in front of the teacher.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Here are what I consider to be the 5 worst Godzilla films in the franchise in no order. Judge me as you will
-Godzilla Final Wars
-Godzilla vs Megaguirus
-Godzilla 98
-Godzilla vs Megalon
-Godzilla vs Mothra

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Mine would be:
5- Godzilla vs. Megalon
4- Godzilla vs. Megaguirus
3- Godzilla 1998
2- Godzilla: Monster Planet
1- Godzilla's Revenge

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

TheSecondComing wrote:
jackzilla wrote:To be fair...I think most people would agree this kid was being a dick and that he deserved to have some sort of comeback thrown to him.

Yeah, but a clever one. No school is going to allow profanity, especially right in front of the teacher.
I used the word fuck in front of more than one teacher in high school with no consequences.

The threat of violence seems like the bigger issue.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

I think we need a Godzilla film that isn't about military and scientists standing around watching Godzilla do his thing. Why not have some family stuck in a city trying to escape as Godzilla battles another kaiju?

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Godzillian wrote:I think we need a Godzilla film that isn't about military and scientists standing around watching Godzilla do his thing. Why not have some family stuck in a city trying to escape as Godzilla battles another kaiju?
G14

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Literally two films ago. Two.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.