Kaiju Fan Confessions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
edgaguirus
Keizer

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Post by edgaguirus »

Moguera is very capable of distance combat, but close up fighting didn't seem to be taken into account when designing it. Those arms aren't exactly useful for grabbing or clubbing. The drill nose gives it at least one weapon in close range fighting.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Komenja wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Electrically charged hull.
What are the deets on that?
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:BIG OL PLASMA CANNON
I do appreciate a good ol "eat my chest laser" but it's risky with the start up; someone smart'll side-hop when they see those arms go to the side, and then you're vulnerable on the end lag and free game for punishing if they were right next to you. It's safer to throw that out from like mid-range, not up-close.
Also the fact it's a maser cannon so it's powerful but frail. Spacegodzilla jammed his tail into it later on when he saw it's chest open up.
tyrantgoji wrote:I always thought the drill nose was cool yet laughable. But i gotta give G-Force credit, they put it to good use at least. :lol:
Japan and it's drills.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

I honestly had no issue with Godzilla laying the smackdown to King Ghidorah when underwater in Kotm.

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

The Toho LoVision transfer of Rodan is one of the worst Toho ever did. Looks like a string-out of the original negative or an intermediate, without any timing... lighting and color balance changes from shot to shot. It is so flat and murky that it actually gives me eye strain. Everyones' faces are buried in the low mids for no reason. The color blue basically doesn't exist. But they removed the wires holding up Rodan! Priorities! The transfer Criterion/Janus has to use is probably pre-wire removal, though. Can't let North America have even marginally, debatably improved versions of their awful transfers.

To Toho, Tokyo Laboratory, whichever idiots decided that these movies need to look awful indefinitely... what are timing decisions based on? Because you're obviously not looking at skin tones, or even the shooting environment. How hard is it to expose and balance a shot of some people outside in the bright sun realistically, or at least so that I won't have eye strain? This is colorist 101, you dinguses. Embarrassing. Cheapens the hell out of these movies. We should all thank God Toho doesn't own Gate of Hell.
Last edited by Tamura on Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:50 am, edited 9 times in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Although I oppose to the idea of an team-up in Godzilla vs. Kong the only way I wouldn't mind is if it was akin to how Godzilla did with King Caesar in 1974's Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Although I oppose to the idea of an team-up in Godzilla vs. Kong the only way I wouldn't mind is if it was akin to how Godzilla did with King Caesar in 1974's Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla.
How would that work? Hell, how are those two even REMOTELY the same?

RIP Evan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:How would that work? Hell, how are those two even REMOTELY the same?
Simple actually.

Just have Mechagodzilla interrupt their fight and seeing he's the bigger threat decides to dispose of him first. After defeating Mechagodzilla they can resume back to their fight.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

That's just not good writing.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

That's not what happened in Mechagodzilla and also a stupid thing in general. So, they literally take a break for a random Mechagodzilla fight and then go back like nothing happened?

RIP Evan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:That's not what happened in Mechagodzilla and also a stupid thing in general. So, they literally take a break for a random Mechagodzilla fight and then go back like nothing happened?
Huh I swore it was. I must had misinterpreted it.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

Although I don't care for the KiryuGoji design in the two 'Godzilla x Mechagodzilla' films, I love Matt Frank's take on it for 'Rulers Of Earth' enough to make it my second favorite Godzilla incarnation. My first is GhidoGoji from 'Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah'.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Leviarex wrote:Although I don't care for the KiryuGoji design in the two 'Godzilla x Mechagodzilla' films, I love Matt Frank's take on it for 'Rulers Of Earth'
This. ROE also helped me gain some appreciation for the actual suit, though that weird down-curved snout will probably always bug me.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I honestly thought it through. The more I think about it the more I don't have a problem with an team-up occurring especially given previous incarnations of Godzilla teamed up before and Legendary is one of the more heroic versions.

That said whatever happens in the film. My body is ready for November! :D
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:I honestly thought it through. The more I think about it the more I don't have a problem with an team-up occurring especially given previous incarnations of Godzilla teamed up before and Legendary is one of the more heroic versions.

That said whatever happens in the film. My body is ready for November! :D
Good to hear! I suspect a team-up is pretty much inevitable (I admit it's not what I'm hoping for, either), so we might as well make the best of it when it comes along!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

eabaker wrote:Good to hear! I suspect a team-up is pretty much inevitable (I admit it's not what I'm hoping for, either), so we might as well make the best of it when it comes along!
Gotta understand too that complaining doesn't change a thing either.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Personally, I'd prefer a fight to determine who's the real king of Skull Island, but I could handle a team up if it's done right.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

edgaguirus wrote:Personally, I'd prefer a fight to determine who's the real king of Skull Island, but I could handle a team up if it's done right.
Why would Godzilla care about a random island when he roams and rules the whole globe?

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Some of the Titans were heading there, so Skull Island may have gained Godzilla's attention. Godzilla may not care about a small piece of land in the middle of the ocean, but he would care it Kong challenged him. And I'm sure Kong would challenge any monster he deemed a threat to his kingdom.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

I think I'm falling out of love with the franchise. I love the character still, but I cannot get myself to enjoy anything Godzilla related right now. Maybe it's a weird phase I'm having. I tried everything, movies, games, comics, even fan fiction. It's not like I dislike any of it, it's just a cold indifference.

A rematch that is nearly 60 years in the making and is happening and I have zero excitement for it.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

gottatalktothefake wrote:I think I'm falling out of love with the franchise. I love the character still, but I cannot get myself to enjoy anything Godzilla related right now. Maybe it's a weird phase I'm having. I tried everything, movies, games, comics, even fan fiction. It's not like I dislike any of it, it's just a cold indifference.

A rematch that is nearly 60 years in the making and is happening and I have zero excitement for it.
Feel like things like this are natural. I recently only got back into the franchise after taking about a year break from the franchise.
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!