Kaiju Fan Confessions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I... I used to ship Godzilla and Mothra. I can't remember exactly why but I did. Keep in mind, this was before KOTM released (specifically August 2018). I guess I just completely forgot about any non-canon kaiju relationships until the shippers flooded in.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:I... I used to ship Godzilla and Mothra. I can't remember exactly why but I did. Keep in mind, this was before KOTM released (specifically August 2018). I guess I just completely forgot about any non-canon kaiju relationships until the shippers flooded in.
I have a similar thing.

When I was a kid, I made a love triangle of Mothra, Rodan and Battra. I don’t know why.
For Emperor and Empire!

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:I... I used to ship Godzilla and Mothra. I can't remember exactly why but I did. Keep in mind, this was before KOTM released (specifically August 2018). I guess I just completely forgot about any non-canon kaiju relationships until the shippers flooded in.
Same, but I still ship them. I also ship Rodan and Ghidorah thanks to all the fan artists on Tumblr.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I think ya'll missed the Cringe thread and ended up here.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

UltramanGoji wrote:I think ya'll missed the Cringe thread and ended up here.
But doesn't cringe usually come from embarressing confessions? ;)

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Okay, so i'm gonna be honest: i can't bring myself to be excited for Godzilla vs. Kong. At all. Despite all of the toys, all of the upcoming hype for a trailer, and the very fact that it's GODZILLA going up against KING KONG some fifty-something years later after the 1962 film, i feel nothing for it.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I used to ship Battra and Megaguirus...
For Emperor and Empire!

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

Gigantis wrote:Okay, so i'm gonna be honest: i can't bring myself to be excited for Godzilla vs. Kong. At all. Despite all of the toys, all of the upcoming hype for a trailer, and the very fact that it's GODZILLA going up against KING KONG some fifty-something years later after the 1962 film, i feel nothing for it.
Same

From the moment they both were announced, KOTM always had me much more excited than GvK

Of course I'll watch it cause it's Godzilla, but still, I'm just not that in
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Manuelito Canelito wrote:
Gigantis wrote:Okay, so i'm gonna be honest: i can't bring myself to be excited for Godzilla vs. Kong. At all. Despite all of the toys, all of the upcoming hype for a trailer, and the very fact that it's GODZILLA going up against KING KONG some fifty-something years later after the 1962 film, i feel nothing for it.
Same

From the moment they both were announced, KOTM always had me much more excited than GvK

Of course I'll watch it cause it's Godzilla, but still, I'm just not that in
This makes the three of us...

It's probably because it's been delayed so many times it's getting old.
For Emperor and Empire!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The delays don't help plus there's little to hype you outside the concept. Personally I just feel burned by the MonsterVerse so far and thus I'm just not expecting much out of it.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

I suppose it's because the Monsterverse feels so all encompassing at times. It's all some fans (typically on Youtube and other sites) will ever talk about. Re-imagining kaiju in the Monsterverse, hypothetical movies, going on Youtube and finding clickbait videos about it or seeing a top comment on another kaiju video saying stuff "I want these guys in the Monsterverse," etc. It's tiresome. KotM was it for me.
Resized Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote:I suppose it's because the Monsterverse feels so all encompassing at times. It's all some fans (typically on Youtube and other sites) will ever talk about. Re-imagining kaiju in the Monsterverse, hypothetical movies, going on Youtube and finding clickbait videos about it or seeing a top comment on another kaiju video saying stuff "I want these guys in the Monsterverse," etc. It's tiresome. KotM was it for me.
Where is this like button, TK? In all seriousness, I feel your pain.
For Emperor and Empire!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

The GyakushuGoji suit, goofy as it looks at times, is a pretty good design. Just kinda begged for a better execution.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Gigantis wrote:The GyakushuGoji suit, goofy as it looks at times, is a pretty good design. Just kinda begged for a better execution.
It really is an underrated design.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Gigantis wrote:The GyakushuGoji suit, goofy as it looks at times, is a pretty good design. Just kinda begged for a better execution.
I’ve seen people make it look good.

I like this one because it’s giving me SoshingekiGoji vibes, and that’s my personal second favourite design.
For Emperor and Empire!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

VoyagerGoji wrote:
I’ve seen people make it look good.

I like this one because it’s giving me SoshingekiGoji vibes, and that’s my personal second favourite design.
If the suit looked like that, it might have been in my top 5 Showa designs.

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Post by Dynomy-DX »

While I have a decent bit of hype for GvK, I’m gonna follow off of this point and say I would have much preferred a proper Godzilla 3. Maybe I’m just cautious about the big crossover stuff, but I think 3 could have been a good way to reintroduce some other Toho classic monsters alongside wrapping up the whole arc rather than drawing all focus to a fight with Kong. I appreciate we’re getting the rematch, but still.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Dynomy-DX wrote:
While I have a decent bit of hype for GvK, I’m gonna follow off of this point and say I would have much preferred a proper Godzilla 3. Maybe I’m just cautious about the big crossover stuff, but I think 3 could have been a good way to reintroduce some other Toho classic monsters alongside wrapping up the whole arc rather than drawing all focus to a fight with Kong. I appreciate we’re getting the rematch, but still.
I mean, you have two of the world's finest kaiju. Might as well put them together. :P

I agree though, Godzilla 3 would've also been my preference at this point. I'm just not hyped for GVK because the MonsterVerse hasn't really been wowing me and telling me it's gonna be good.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I haven't seen most of the Showa Era movies in full.

The only ones I have are;

Godzilla
Mothra vs Godzilla
Invasion of Astro Monster
Son of Godzilla
Godzilla vs Megalon
Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla
Terror of Mechagodzilla
For Emperor and Empire!

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

^Well that should negate your incorrect assessments of Ebirah and Gigan for the time being. :P
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.